[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
Does anyone have tips for more survivability for my character, before I move on to minmaxing damage?

Absolutely. No offense but you have a great budget (2 dual daggers, 2 socket Bubonics), yet you make beginner mistakes:

Biggest issue: You need Bleed- and Freeze-protection, so craft your flasks accordingly. Also quality them. And what's the point of the Silver Flask?

Your Le Heup is nice to fix resist or stat issues, but it's not an endgame item (no life roll). You could go for a Dream Fragments instead to cover the Freeze immunity and get EHP through its mana bonus. Else just buy a rare with life and resists.

Your gem setup isn't very good: Please add Fortify to your Whirling Blades.
Also, I'm afraid that your entire helmet setup doesn't trigger because of the Remote Mine support. If so, you lack Enfeeble on enemies. I suggest to move the CWDT setup into the gloves. What you have there isn't that important anyway. Move Frost Bomb into the boots instead of the support gem. Use your helmet for your movement skill (attacks don't care for the Remote Mine support).

Your passive tree could probably be optimized as well. Compare it with mine to see where you can get more survivability (mainly Acrobatics) and which nodes to regret for that.

Haha thanks. Didn't realise I messed up that much. I am fairly inexperienced in this sort of playstyle. I appreciate the tips. Forgot that I had le heup on. Really powerful build but didn't like the playstyle in the end.
Last edited by RenlyTheGayKing on May 2, 2018, 12:22:50 PM
Can anyone care to explain the difference between the LL build and the other build?

I'm mostly looking at this one https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ShadowGenisys/characters?characterName=PixelatedGod

and i'm wondering what the key differences are? is one stronger than the other? I mostly want to be able to do all content.

Would these be viable early in a new league? I kinda wanna try one out not sure though

Also are the pantheon information and the ascendancy information accurate at the bottom of OP post?

Also is leveling with mines any good? I figured I could just level using poets pen and volatile dead or something but maybe that doesn't work too well with the build.. Hmm
Last edited by Spliffor on May 2, 2018, 7:53:52 PM
Does anyone have an updated POB for the LL variation? I am really digging ShadowGenisys's life variant in the OP, but I think I want something with more survivability (especially for uber elder).
"
fookolt wrote:
Does anyone have an updated POB for the LL variation? I am really digging ShadowGenisys's life variant in the OP, but I think I want something with more survivability (especially for uber elder).

Hey bud. If you go LL Sabo (I would assume there), note that it still requires you to dodge a lot during uber elder fight unless you got pristine looking gears and even then you still have to dodge stuff but it's not as bad as Life/MoM.

Survivability as Life/MoM in my own opinion came from born in the shadows for me personally and since I balanced my resist, wise oak defensive portion of the buff made a HUGE impact.

Other things I've tried that might work for you is the acrobatics and CO nodes.

Since your profile is set to private, I can't give any specific feedback but all I can say is at the very least if you go dual daggers as Life/MoM or LL version, have at least one dagger with IAS and no, not the vagan craft but a t1 or t2 ias and an essence crafted gloves (insanity I think) goes a long way as if you don't have enough attack speed in uber Elder fight, you'll still get caned. Since I use farrul's some of my ias requirements is taken care of due to perma fenzy and Cat's agility buff.

Also, I'm unsure if he still plays this league but try and look up trollzilla. He might have what you're looking for in terms of passive tree/PoB for LL.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 3, 2018, 6:12:19 AM
I'll be trying this out for the HC flashback.
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
fookolt wrote:

Hey bud. If you go LL Sabo (I would assume there), note that it still requires you to dodge a lot during uber elder fight unless you got pristine looking gears and even then you still have to dodge stuff but it's not as bad as Life/MoM.

Survivability as Life/MoM in my own opinion came from born in the shadows for me personally and since I balanced my resist, wise oak defensive portion of the buff made a HUGE impact.

Since your profile is set to private, I can't give any specific feedback but all I can say is at the very least if you go dual daggers as Life/MoM or LL version, have at least one dagger with IAS and no, not the vagan craft but a t1 or t2 ias and an essence crafted gloves (insanity I think) goes a long way as if you don't have enough attack speed in uber Elder fight, you'll still get caned. Since I use farrul's some of my ias requirements is taken care of due to perma fenzy and Cat's agility buff.

Also, I'm unsure if he still plays this league but try and look up trollzilla. He might have what you're looking for in terms of passive tree/PoB for LL.

Thank you so much for the detailed information! I'm still leveling up my miner so I'm going to keep pushing for your life/MoM build and see later if I want to switch to LL. I really appreciate all your posts in this thread.
"
fookolt wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
fookolt wrote:

Thank you so much for the detailed information! I'm still leveling up my miner so I'm going to keep pushing for your life/MoM build and see later if I want to switch to LL. I really appreciate all your posts in this thread.

Anytime. I leveled as a frostbolt self cast with more projectiles until I was able to get mines at like level 12. Super fast and tons of clearing
Noob question. LL means life leech? Which option is more tanky and noob friendly?
"
theR0cker wrote:
Noob question. LL means life leech? Which option is more tanky and noob friendly?

In PoE that stands for "Low Life" which is a rather advanced concept and usually considered the more expensive yet better version of a build.

The approach is to get high Enery Shield instead of life, reserve most of your life with Blood Magic supported auras so you are below 35%, which is the threshold for "low life" and enables all of its associated bonues, for example the Pain Attunement keystone, which is a massive damage boost.

To make it work, some certain uniques are nigh mandatory, like Shavronne's Wrappings and Presence of Chayula.

So to answer your question: Go with the regular life/MoM build.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
theR0cker wrote:

In PoE that stands for "Low Life" which is a rather advanced concept and usually considered the more expensive yet better version of a build.

The approach is to get high Enery Shield instead of life, reserve most of your life with Blood Magic supported auras so you are below 35%, which is the threshold for "low life" and enables all of its associated bonues, for example the Pain Attunement keystone, which is a massive damage boost.

To make it work, some certain uniques are nigh mandatory, like Shavronne's Wrappings and Presence of Chayula.

So to answer your question: Go with the regular life/MoM build.

Oh, i see now. Thank you for explanation. But what is the downside for shield instead of life? I mean you go more DPS (as i understand), you got high shields.
Last edited by theR0cker on May 4, 2018, 8:07:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info