[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Yeah got myself a few. I spend quite a bit of my earned currency on crafting. Sold a few of them for 50-100ex.

My latest craft resulted in this:

Don't mind the price tag, it's late in the league and I can't for the life of me price that elder leather belt.

Well, I'd primarily get gloves, boots and helmets with the aspect craft for you can simply socket Less Duration in them for permanent charges. Much easier than investing inefficient passive points or requiring certain jewel corruptions.

Regarding your pricing issue: I never dealt in these sums, but I don't think any belt should be more expensive than HH. Also, how much life does it really give? You got that 9% life and the 27% conditional increased damage. Quite easy to beat by an Abyssal jewel, don't you think?

Oh that leather belt isn't for miner. It's for non piscator's ele wander.

Edit: OH and you'd be surprised. Last ilvl 86 Stygian Vise belt I crafted and sold went for 55ex.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 8, 2018, 5:38:27 AM
So, i tried out this build and it's really fun. Tried out both Dagger/shield as well as tremor rod in flashback event.

Now i got really lucky and 6-linked the tremor rod...
I'm not sure whether to use it or sell it, but for now i'd like to know, which gem for the last socket to use, since there's remote mine in the tremor rod already.

Since the colors were 2G 4B i'm currently using GC-Minefield-crit strikes-trap&mine dmg-inc aoe/conc-hypothermia.
Is that okay?

I also thought about selling it to get a 6l carcass jack instead. But then i'd also need a decent dagger/shield combo again.
Does someone have experience with both the options on higher tier maps, meaning red tier? Is the tremor rod viable? [ I know on first page it says dmg should be comparable in sustained fights, but what's the overall feeling with it? ]

Thanks in advance :)
"
Boredom111 wrote:
So, i tried out this build and it's really fun. Tried out both Dagger/shield as well as tremor rod in flashback event.

Now i got really lucky and 6-linked the tremor rod...
I'm not sure whether to use it or sell it, but for now i'd like to know, which gem for the last socket to use, since there's remote mine in the tremor rod already.

Since the colors were 2G 4B i'm currently using GC-Minefield-crit strikes-trap&mine dmg-inc aoe/conc-hypothermia.
Is that okay?

I also thought about selling it to get a 6l carcass jack instead. But then i'd also need a decent dagger/shield combo again.
Does someone have experience with both the options on higher tier maps, meaning red tier? Is the tremor rod viable? [ I know on first page it says dmg should be comparable in sustained fights, but what's the overall feeling with it? ]

Thanks in advance :)

Regarding the Tremor Rod, I don't have first-hand experience, but I'd expect it to be rather great damage now for you effectively get double dps (you lose a link from the 35% less damage and gain one from the Remote Mine affix). There are two downsides, why people don't use it:

1)QoL of a movement skill: You're restricted to a very slow Leap Slam.
2)The damage per mine should eventually surpass the 200% threshold you need to break even from pure damage stats (mainly shaped daggers) on your weapon(s)/shield.

About the rest of your questions, this does get kind of repetitive, but I don't blame you or anyone for only reading the OP:

Your support gem selection is fine.

Don't invest in a 6L armor but a pseudo 7L (or better) shaped helmet with Remote Mine / additional Mine and as many of the following affixes:
Hypothermia
Socketed gems have +% crit chance
Socketed gems deal 30% more damage (Essence of Horror)
Increased AoE
Life

That's where you put your GC.

From there, just buy a chest based on stat needs without worrying about its links. Carcass Jack is fine for the AoE gain, could also use a Belly or even a Kaoms. I'm afraid Farrul's Fur won't be affordable anymore.
Okay, so when i get a decent helmet where i slot my GC setup, a 6-linked tremor rod is kinda redundant.
So i could try to get a decent dagger/shield or dagger/dagger again.

Update: I just decided to try it out.
Sold my tremor rod, bought a decent helmet,dagger,shield.
I don't know if i ended up with more dmg than before ( in total,not the displayed one) but with a lot more surviveability. It feels really much more nice to play than with the Tremor rod.

Those are my new items, and while items could still be better, the overall feeeling improved.
Though i'm still trying to figure out how to set up the gc in the helmet optimal.

Thanks for your help!
You're welcome.

Now your next steps are to get some additional skill gem setups going and to fix your flasks.

That's more important than the question, which 6th link to use. However Conc Effect is optimal if your aoe radius feels sufficient, else you could recolor to green for Hypothermia.

But your real issue: You're not supposed to just walk around and rightclick GC. You use a movement skill instead of walking. You have the choice between Shield Charge and Whirling Blades, the internet mostly prefers the former, but they are rather similar.

You link Faster Attacks and Fortify to it and make sure to maintain that Fortify buff (Star around your character model) for a defensive buff.

Next thing is a Cast When Damage Taken setup (or multiple). Many useful spells can be linked (check my char), but the most important one is Enfeeble for another layer of defense.

Flasks: I think my setup is quite optimal. Feel free to copy it or ask questions.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on May 9, 2018, 8:32:23 AM
Need some help allocating The Long Winters. Can someone help me as to where they can be placed?
So why does Born in the shadows not work with kaoms roots?
Last edited by Aethilius on May 9, 2018, 6:16:16 PM
"
Boonpoodle wrote:
Need some help allocating The Long Winters. Can someone help me as to where they can be placed?

Into pretty much any jewel socket on your passive tree. You only need 40 Intelligence worth of nodes in its radius (you don't need to spec into those).

"
Aethilius wrote:
So why does Born in the shadows not work with kaoms roots?

BitS blinds enemies, which reduces their chance to hit. With Kaom's Roots equipped you have Unwavering Stance which removes your chance to evade. So no matter how bad their to-hit-chance is, they hit you.
Really love the build but i think my play style sucks alot, i die so much
I'm looking for a poe.trade search for weapons, budget up to 50c.

So far what I have is this http://poe.trade/search/oruritimiunase

Can anyone help?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info