[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
Pacdaeh wrote:
"
L00n wrote:
The most important stat is definitely the last one on that amulet...

but shock is more or less useless on bosses, right?

its not like this build lacks damage on normal mobs.

Shock was changed in 3.0. It's now amazing against bosses if you meet the bare minimum to start a shock (and with our obscene damage we do), which then (with our more or less constant crits) allow you to create successively stronger shocks. This is how well-geared GC miners using Yoke of Suffering can destroy guardians, Shaper, Atzubertuber, and Uber Elder.
"
Namcap wrote:
Just popping in to say this build is absolutely bonkers. My gear is garbage, I only have 34k mine damage in town compared to 90-140k people are claiming, yet I kill T15 map bosses in about 2 seconds flat and Red Elder was such a joke I didn't even pay attention to the screen.

Gonna be hard to go play something else after since there's no way it will be as strong as this.

i have 140k dmg because i wear probably 100+ exalts worth of weapons and good chests - jewels with best possible enchants on boots and helmet.

shield is not the best damage provider or a good defense for your character you can drop the shield get your sceptre to your offhand get a good sword with extra dmg and pen like mine.
also you should drop that amulet its useless with this build. get an extra dmg amulet.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Apr 19, 2018, 1:17:49 AM
I've tried both of these but can't figure out which one I like best. Curious what you guys think.

"
BearFact wrote:
I've tried both of these but can't figure out which one I like best. Curious what you guys think.

Probably the first one if you divine it to 40% conversion, should allow you to drop the 2 x long winter jewels on your passive tree for whatever else you might need, max ex, es%, etc etc.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:
Just popping in to say this build is absolutely bonkers. My gear is garbage, I only have 34k mine damage in town compared to 90-140k people are claiming, yet I kill T15 map bosses in about 2 seconds flat and Red Elder was such a joke I didn't even pay attention to the screen.

Gonna be hard to go play something else after since there's no way it will be as strong as this.

i have 140k dmg because i wear probably 100+ exalts worth of weapons and good chests - jewels with best possible enchants on boots and helmet.

shield is not the best damage provider or a good defense for your character you can drop the shield get your sceptre to your offhand get a good sword with extra dmg and pen like mine.
also you should drop that amulet its useless with this build. get an extra dmg amulet.

wonder how u make the cold conversion ..
and why would u say Yoke is usless for this build why?
also why best enchant for boots crit? how is that better than ele pen for example?
ty for u kind answer.
Last edited by L00n on Apr 19, 2018, 2:36:13 AM
GG
Last edited by masterv0id on Apr 19, 2018, 3:33:38 AM
More theory stuff.. ;)

"
Rakaji wrote:
So here's a question: How would you all rank Watcher's Eye bonuses in order of desirability? I can make an argument for the following:

-Cold pen (Hatred)
-Crit chance (Hatred)
-Damage conversion (Hatred)
-Mana regen rate (Clarity)
-Chance to regain mana on cast (Clarity)

But I'm not 100% on which one, if you only had the money for one of them, you'd want to aim for above the rest.

First of all, Clarity isn't that desirable for it disables the Clear Mind jewel, which provides a lot of damage for its cost.
Damage conversion lets you trade one Watcher's Eye for your 2 Long Winters, freeing up a jewel slot. In a min max scenario you want the helmet enchant so the jewel would be redundant.
Crit chance and cold pen need to be checked in PoB, though it seems crit chance is mostly better. Even vs Shaper (who has cold res, which makes pen stronger) I get a higher damage increase from the crit chance.
Both provide more damage than an additional copy of my one rare jewel (2 damage mods) would grant so they both beat the conversion affix.

"
Namcap wrote:
Personally I prefer trap and mine damage vs hypothermia because anything that will be chilled will be dead before the 2nd hit so I feel it's wasted a bit.

This is a thought I also had but couldn't finish. Does anyone know at which point the chill is actually applied so that Hypothermia can benefit from it? Assuming we launch 10 mines at once, which translates into 20 GC hits under normal conditions. I have no idea if they all hit simultaneously without Hypothermia's multiplier or if the first hit enables chill for the remaining hits.

"
L00n wrote:
why best enchant for boots crit? how is that better than ele pen for example?

Plug it into PoB. Both are better than the flat lightning damage for me, but only vs a resistant target does the pen get slightly better than the crit.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

Is he right with his argument regarding 1h + shield vs. dual wield with stat stick? I am thinking about dropping my shield and getting a stat stick for more dps for late games bosses. Although if I do, I will lose some max life and block chance.
"
Durza1985 wrote:

Is he right with his argument regarding 1h + shield vs. dual wield with stat stick? I am thinking about dropping my shield and getting a stat stick for more dps for late games bosses. Although if I do, I will lose some max life and block chance.

Yes, it works just the way you would assume: A second weapon provides more damage at the cost of some defensive stats (and Shield Charge).
"
L00n wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

wonder how u make the cold conversion ..
and why would u say Yoke is usless for this build why?
also why best enchant for boots crit? how is that better than ele pen for example?
ty for u kind answer.

Dude stop doing cold conversion its useless! Get better jewels get better enchants and dont use that trash watchers eye with conversion! You dont need your damage to be all elemental look at my tree i have like 2 elemental nodes picked. And i conver 0 phy other than gem itself. İ simply increase crit multi,mine dmg, global phy and area dmg. Now i am sitting at 150k dmg per mine.
About boot enchant yea crit gives more dmg. You also dont need that much pen. as they suggest onlyuber elder and shaper has enough amount of resistance we cant penetrate.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info