[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

Made the switch to the Tinkerskin chest at level 68 and made in through Kitava end boss. Now at level 73 running tier 4 - 5 maps with no problem. I'm running with many uniques so I'm forced to use Purity of Elements to max out my resists but that's ok and expected with heavy unique usage. Using 2 Collateral Damage Jewels makes the Shrapnel Shot traps one shot most rares/champions (at tier 4 maps and level 73) so all is working well. I'm still lagging too much in Merciless Izaro to get the 5th and 6th Ascendancy points yet but I'll level up and try again. The build can kill Merc Izaro 1st and 2nd times no problem and if I didn't lag die in the 3rd battle (damn lab trap lag crap) then this build is good/great for lab farming. Other than that the build is super fun-to-play (more fun than my Glacial Cascade Saboteur trapper) and has better defense. I'd like more life but that's the norm for all builds. I just need to get more jewels with % increased life.

Overall this is a great build to play.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Hi just a little question who need your advices :
Have you try Ice shot for second skill ?
It is elemental damage with aoe and with the threshold jewel you have free pierce and area overlap.
Ice Shot - Trap - Cluster Traps - Greater Multiple Projectiles Support(to replace Increased Critical Strikes) - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Added Lightning Damage
For map cleaning speed ?
3.1 Update Live on main post! All is well, farm up that currency early league!

"
3.1 Update: All is well. Last expansion I farmed up 15 exalts in about 3 days with this build while spending 10c on it. I know I'm a piece of shit when it comes to answering people's questions so I'm grateful that the community around the build has been helping eachother.

Here is a Path of Building Link for 3.1 to get you started: https://pastebin.com/QeM9vYeD

That's with decent gear, the gear I did Shaper with. All you need to do is focus on ele damage/life/resists/crit as much as possible, but to farm Atziri and Uber Lab, you really don't need very much and don't really need Tinker either. Get it when you can though. The skills section also shows you what to put in as you get 5/6l in the unchecked skills.
Good luck today!

I'm sorry I'm so terrible at answering questions, thanks to everyone who's been helping each-other out.
Hi all! Just wanted to ask when to take Eldricht Battery!
Thanks in advance
"
Baldersh wrote:
3.1 Update Live on main post! All is well, farm up that currency early league!

"
3.1 Update: All is well. Last expansion I farmed up 15 exalts in about 3 days with this build while spending 10c on it. I know I'm a piece of shit when it comes to answering people's questions so I'm grateful that the community around the build has been helping eachother.

Here is a Path of Building Link for 3.1 to get you started: https://pastebin.com/QeM9vYeD

That's with decent gear, the gear I did Shaper with. All you need to do is focus on ele damage/life/resists/crit as much as possible, but to farm Atziri and Uber Lab, you really don't need very much and don't really need Tinker either. Get it when you can though. The skills section also shows you what to put in as you get 5/6l in the unchecked skills.
Good luck today!

I'm sorry I'm so terrible at answering questions, thanks to everyone who's been helping each-other out.

Can u make a budget version of this build ?
still sane exile ? Nope
Chin-Sol and Tinkerskin are each 1C atm, 1 treshhold gem is from the Quest, the other you can get for 1 Alch? If you can't afford this, you most likely don't have the Level to wear Chin-Sol/Tinkerskin anyway.

I started with this on Friday and just made it to Maps. Sadly I forgot to get Eldritch Battery in time, so i have to drink all the mana all the time (running Wrath/Herald of Ice).

So far it feels very squishy but Tinkerskin makes it work and actually fun to Play.
I'm just up to T3 atm with under 3k HP and resists at around ~20% but it actually runs pretty nice aside from very heavy elemental dmg maps (for obvious reasons).
With capped resists and decent HP (in short --> "ok" rare items) i can definitively see this making it very far.

The main Issue with this build is:
Mines are just better. Plain better. Not, as fun (well, aside form Arc, Arc is awesome) but better.
"
kurofafi wrote:

Can u make a budget version of this build ?

it already is budget. Getting flat dmg or crit is icing, do it later when you've made currency, but the build functions with just Chin sol which can be had for a alch.

I have a question though. Or...request for leveling advise. I wanted to give this a shot and rolled this today and he's 30. What to do? I have tabula, and 4L Deerstalkers. Tabula is 6L Ice trap.Ice trap is...OK, but I feel like something is missing, and Glacial Cascade is VERY underwhelming without the staff and threshhold jewels.

The OP kinda...glazes over leveling and didn't go over it at all.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 12, 2017, 4:14:41 AM
I just used all 3 Traps (Lightning, Frost, Fire) in 4 links whiteout any gear.
I had absolutely no issues, Lightning Traps felt the strongest/most usefull to me.

Just put Lightning/Frost-trap in your Tabula and maybe Firestorm or Shocknova in your deerstalkers? You should be more than fine.
i got some problem with leveling. All my item now is 4links and i use lighting trap for main skill (and it was good). But the trap cd quite slow even i aim for all the trap node on ptree. Lighting trap and ice trap is good for clear map but when i face final boss or unique or ele resist bosses it's kind of troublesome.
still sane exile ? Nope
"
aDoreMe wrote:
Lightning Traps felt the strongest/most usefull to me.

Ice trap does a lot more damage. Makes me wonder why have a Lightning Trap set up at all. I'm walking all over act 5 currently with 6 L ice trap in Tabula. Lightning Trap...I just stopped using it, wasnt melting stuff like Icetrap does.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 12, 2017, 2:40:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info