[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

Hi, I really love the build and was hoping someone could take a look on what I can improve for the very end game.

I can clear t15 corrupted decently well but got stomped out by the guardians. Even with 6.5k health I feel like I am a bit squishy and get blown up. I attempted a Shaper run and failed mechanically but I think the damage was definitely there.

Even on some lower reds I feel incredibly squishy and have been stuck at 89 for a bit.

Char name is LazerDalton
Last edited by crow024 on Sep 6, 2017, 10:58:54 AM
Hey, thanks for awesome build and lots of good tips from several players in this thread. I started this game around 2 weeks ago so I don't know much about the game, but got few questions about gearing.

-How important is chaos resistance in the end game? Shaper etc big bosses

-Is it good to go over the resistance cap in general? Where is it needed or not needed?

-Any good unique replacements for Devotos devotion or some rare helm is better vs bosses?

-I don't know how EE works with shield charge (and elemental damage on attack skills) with RF - which elemental damage is lowered and which isn't? Also is there good way to proc EE with long range skills (scorch). If this was explained somewhere, sorry about that, but I didn't see it.

I saw some dual curse (or 3 - dunno) setups by some people. How much better are they vs end bosses and should they be used for anything else in general? Im not sure how I would have to change my tree and/or gear for that. Also any gear improvement suggestions are welcome, which can be found on my profile. Though I do have some gear stashed that I change for different maps etc.
"
crow024 wrote:
Hi, I really love the build and was hoping someone could take a look on what I can improve for the very end game.

I can clear t15 corrupted decently well but got stomped out by the guardians. Even with 6.5k health I feel like I am a bit squishy and get blown up. I attempted a Shaper run and failed mechanically but I think the damage was definitely there.

Even on some lower reds I feel incredibly squishy and have been stuck at 89 for a bit.

Char name is LazerDalton

If your damage is fine, I would recommend dropping some of those fire damage nodes on the top and fill out the life nodes. You're missing at least 19% life and some armour. Also a cwdt immortal call or tempest shield setup would give you a little more block. Your flasks I would suggest changing too. Maybe throw a basalt + granite (rumis is great). The sulphur flask is overkill since you're pretty much always proccing it yourself from kills. Dropping the 6 link and getting an atziris splendour or some armour chest would help too.

Also, you're not running a level 1 purity of fire are you? Maybe thats a glitch in the profile or you're leveling one hah.
Last edited by toephoo on Sep 6, 2017, 11:17:47 AM
"
Ynera wrote:
"
JuvenileMango wrote:
Can someone check why my build is so weak? Char is Needauctionhouse. I just get wrecked in red maps...

Weird..your char seems pretty solid also as dps. What is your main problem? Damage? degen?

You actually have toons of life and low mana regen, you degen too fast when you take damage, I suggest to remove some life and improve your mana (and mana reg) with deep wisdom and 3 point under it.

You could also remove 3 points near Shaper and try Righteous Decree.

Add a ruby flask regen to help on spike damage.

Remember the "bad" map's mods (listed 3/4 pages ago)

Problem with this build I see is the survivability. It doesn't have the regen in life or mana to make up for the lack of high evasion and armor or instaleech of VP. MoM just doesn't do it in these later maps. It's true that I could use mana regen (I actually degen mana slowly, so I might take those three points like you said), but I think I also need life and life regen. It's like I can't even use righteous fire anymore because I'm too scared of getting "one shot" when I go into packs these days. I just stay away and fire scorching ray which feels bad because it's like I'm not even playing the build anymore. Even with RF off, the regen feels really meh. I feel like we, or at least I, need the regen of both life and mana to literally double to make this build viable. I tried minotaur yesterday and I was literally getting almost two shot in the boss room, so I can't imagine my life is enough unless I get way more regen.

Also, the survivability wasn't that much of a problem until now because I was one shotting most things. Now that they live for a few seconds more, they are actually hitting me. So, the damage isn't even there anymore, especially when I'm too scared to use RF into a pack.
Last edited by JuvenileMango on Sep 6, 2017, 11:30:19 AM
"
crow024 wrote:

Char name is LazerDalton

Actually, this is normal. U cant face tank anything above t14 (probably just 1 hit then move away) becouse we are a bit fragile. I suggest to remove some ES item and replace with some armour/evasion.

Remove sulphur flask and replace with ruby (better regen) and 1 granite flask

Maybe change your jewelry, 1 ring with essence worm (you will have a lot of free mana) and 1 opal ring (pure dps) and some better regen necklace.
"
JuvenileMango wrote:

Problem with this build I see is the survivability. It doesn't have the regen in life or mana to make up for the lack of high evasion and armor or instaleech of VP. MoM just doesn't do it in these later maps. It's true that I could use mana regen (I actually degen mana slowly, so I might take those three points like you said), but I think I also need life and life regen. It's like I can't even use righteous fire anymore because I'm too scared of getting "one shot" when I go into packs these days. I just stay away and fire scorching ray which feels bad because it's like I'm not even playing the build anymore. Even with RF off, the regen feels really meh. I feel like we, or at least I, need the regen of both life and mana to literally double to make this build viable. I tried minotaur yesterday and I was literally getting almost two shot in the boss room, so I can't imagine my life is enough unless I get way more regen.

Also, the survivability wasn't that much of a problem until now because I was one shotting most things. Now that they live for a few seconds more, they are actually hitting me. So, the damage isn't even there anymore, especially when I'm too scared to use RF into a pack.

When you take more life node remember that you will take more damage from RF.

You :
life reg 650
mana regen 539

Me:
life regen 940
mana regen 865

These is the regen difference (above a cons ground) between you and me.
And also with those numbers lot of time I feel like in trouble. Build is solid but need to play properly or we will just die.

Btw remember that you have a 6L SR, loooot of damage come from it, so dont be afraid to shut down RF when the map/boss is too difficult for your regen :)
"
Ynera wrote:

When you take more life node remember that you will take more damage from RF.

You :
life reg 650
mana regen 539

Me:
life regen 940
mana regen 865

These is the regen difference (above a cons ground) between you and me.
And also with those numbers lot of time I feel like in trouble. Build is solid but need to play properly or we will just die.

Btw remember that you have a 6L SR, loooot of damage come from it, so dont be afraid to shut down RF when the map/boss is too difficult for your regen :)

Why is my regen much worse than yours? It doesn't seem like my items are much different from yours.
I think my gear is somewhat decent for now, probably need a better weapon. Think I still stick to rares over Doryani's so I don't lose the life and mana.

Not sure where I should go from here. What stats would I need on the amulet to replace Shaper's? Also which nodes should I aim for next?

Thanks!
How do i check how much dps i would lose by switching flammability (after changing my helm enchant) for enfeeble?

Disabling the orb of storms setup in the skills tab actually increases my RF damage from 146k to 150k - which makes no sense.

My PoB
https://pastebin.com/KGG4Xv3H

Thank you

Edit:
Also i just beat Chimera with 1 death (due to my own fuck up) and porting out twice (for flask charges bc i spam them - which is half my fault and half flask recharges 1k but we have 6k life ugh)
For the first add phase i just ran around and let RF kill them. The other add phases i hung on the left side and killed them easily with decoy totem, then i went to the other side. Only the first add phase is really difficult due to the ranged chaos dmg. Just don't shield charge into the chaos spitters because then you might stop and die. leave some room around. Takes longer but its the safe way. Either way i will reroll the map with an orb of horizons now that i have the completion for it. The other t16s are much easier.
Last edited by LastxResort on Sep 6, 2017, 10:47:24 PM
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:
I think my gear is somewhat decent for now, probably need a better weapon. Think I still stick to rares over Doryani's so I don't lose the life and mana.

Not sure where I should go from here. What stats would I need on the amulet to replace Shaper's? Also which nodes should I aim for next?

Thanks!

This is mine, actually I use neck slot for

1) fill the remein dex requirements
2) life and mana regen
3) cold or lightning damage to attacks for EE proc
4) res if needed

For the passives, I think is a good idea take light of Divinity, take the jewel socket you are close with (above dynamo) and the other socket near Elementalist (str-str-socket).

The goal now is to improve your max life. Your max mana is quite good atm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info