[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

I'm wondering, what pantheon upgrades should I go for? I got a divine vessel and I'm tempted to get the tukohama upgrade
"
WesleyCau wrote:
3) Atziri's splendour (with + Life) is super strong for almost all content. The 100 Life/Mana on kill doesn't sound huge, but I tried running a Belly of the Beast instead

Would you say Belly / a good rare are only better for T15 bosses / Shaper or is Atziri's Splendor decent for those as well?

And i think once i hit lvl 89 (1 more) i will drop some life and pick up Whispers of Doom + Witchdire & Enfeeble.

Thanks
"
LastxResort wrote:

Would you say Belly / a good rare are only better for T15 bosses / Shaper or is Atziri's Splendor decent for those as well?

For my build/tree a 40% Belly gives me about +300 health and the health regen from flasks passive, at the cost of a little Armor/Evasion, some all resist and the health/mana on kill passive. So for bosses that don't spawn a lot of adds the belly is slightly better, but it's so much more expensive (both to buy and also to roll the colours) that I sold mine and just run Atziri's for everything.

ign: WesleyCau (Domination)
Last edited by WesleyCau on Aug 28, 2017, 2:56:30 AM
"
WesleyCau wrote:
After a few more sessions vs high level content, I have to admit I was a bit too negative about Scorching Ray and the build in general.

Heh, the funny thing is that i just spend about a week playing chieftain RF, because i wanted to experience the difference. Yesterday got one goal down, getting a 40% Kaom's heart.

My experience so far:
Between higher armour, more life, no mana issues, and endurance charges, more regen, the RF chieftain is a bit tankier. However, the damage of RF is absolutely atrocious. Its fine for clearing, but for red map bosses, i have to spend a lot longer hugging them compared to just red lazoring them down from a distance.

So RF/SC inquisitor has one disadvantage going for it: Mana is an issue with MoM. In some situations, when you get a DoT combined with a big hit (im looking at you, overgrown ruins), i got mana depleted with the dot eating the regen, and unable to shield charge to safety. The conclusion of that is that mana should really be a priority, since it easy to underestimate in importance!

Finally, if i play this build, i play it with the righteous fire as a secondary skill that kills anything that gets to close and gives 40% more damage. In that regards, having extra ES is bad, since while it adds damage to RF, it comes at the cost of life/mana sustain, and you dont need that extra RF damage imho.
I'm currently learning the game on HC (I know I'm going to die a lot but I dont like SC) and I was wonder if I could use this build and just not run RF to increase suitability? Would that kill the dps and not make it viable for end game content?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1729087/page/1

I'm also debating using this build I'm not sure which will be best for learning HC.

"
After a few more sessions vs high level content, I have to admit I was a bit too negative about Scorching Ray and the build in general. After making a handful of changes I've managed to complete almost also the content and am now farming T16 maps with close to 0% casualty rate heh!

A few things i've discovered that might be worth adding to the guide:

Thanks for the suggestions.
Some points were worth adding for sure.
I gave you credit where I copy pasted ^^

"
dacamell wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1729087/page/1

I'm also debating using this build I'm not sure which will be best for learning HC.

If you are still learning the game, as a new player, on hc, I would maybe pick something else?
It's a great build with a lot of HP but PoE has a huge learning curve and if you play HC I think a nice starter build would be something with totems (like ancestral warchief build)

ign: ropefly
Last edited by ropefly on Aug 28, 2017, 6:05:26 PM
Does anyone think Doon Cuebiyari Vaal Sceptre is good for this build?

And when should I take Pyre Ring off?
Can someone recommend me what I can do to start improving my gear further?
Spoiler

And how do you guys not lose most of your mana in seconds without running foible?
Last edited by Renen on Aug 28, 2017, 11:27:05 PM
last time i played was 2013, thanks for the build 91 so far.

Spoiler
Last edited by tubsi on Aug 28, 2017, 10:44:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info