Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
darthross wrote:
Let me guess: You play softcore exclusively and have very limited knowledge of the mechanics and mathematics behind the game.

How exactly this accordance with game knowledge?

HC player automatically know more than softcore players? Maybe leveling character up to 100 in Shaped Strand or Poorjoy's rotas - is a big knowledge? Avoiding any danger and press logout - is a big knowledge? Spend several hours in automatically calculator that math all the thing for you and show result - is a big knowledge?

I really don't understand the point of that statement.

Of course you don't understand [Removed by Support]

Despite what you may believe, there is much more to playing hardcore successfully than those horribly generalized (and very salty) excuses you just provided. Also, you can actually learn a lot by "spend several hours in automatically calculator that math all the thing for you and show result". How the fuck do you think humanity advances our sciences?
Last edited by Nav_GGG on Aug 1, 2017, 1:24:00 AM
/kick reddit users

Just ensuring devs get proper feedback here, ty.
The shock changes are nice but I really worry about the future of lightning based skills.

These skills are BALANCED around shock. Their damage values are entirely based around inflicting shock.
"
"
Immermnemion wrote:
Perhaps instead of making changes and then retracting them at the 11th hour, the developers would be better off delaying the release of 3.0 so they can be sure it's done right.

Honestly the changes WOULD of been fine if lets say the beginning of the beta people of would of been perfectly okay feedback this feedback that etc it was the timing in addition to the proposal of it. You don't announce something THAT huge before 1 week of the release who the fuck does that? You test it in the beginning.

Like everyone was completely content then all of a sudden a HUGE ass change in my opinion anyway along with chill and shock just came right in the fucking blue when it was never a problem in the first place nobody gave a shit about it.

I agree inserting such changes - especially without significant telegraphing of them - so close to launch can cause people to worry. My main concern is not the changes as mentioned alone, but rather their signaling of a larger paradigm shift. If the developers have some second era of changes they want to usher in of this level, it will affect the majority of players in a meaningful way across the game. This means inserting them half-finished now with (what seems to be) a forum noise litmus test is probably a poor foundation for finishing their future changes ... likely leading to more reversals in the near future.

Clarity goes a long way.
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
For the sake of SSF characters please leave the vendor in the game but up the price, even if its 2c, 10c, 1 divine, i'd prefer to do that than run characters again and again to the quest for the jewel
"
deMoxE wrote:
/kick reddit users

Just ensuring devs get proper feedback here, ty.

I am glad that you make yourself feel better than the "reddit" users, because you post worthwhile content directly into the GGG forums.
Give us something additional with Power charges nerf, like bonus to spell or elemental damage!
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
I am so glad about this manifesto. I am not against a re-work on charges but it apparently needs more thinking and testing and felt like premature days before a major launch.

I like the GGG idea behind shock and chill. However practical application needs testing whether the design goals are met.

Overall I appreciate the maturity to step back from something that can harm the game. For a brief period, I was concerned that we were heading into Path of Nerfs - Fall of Diversity.
Seems like I was one of the few who liked the charge changes.

IMO when frenzy charges added more damage per charge it didn't increase build diversity and I feel the community overreacted to this.

I feel that while frenzy charges are a generic damage multiplier, they will be used in every build and will not be used a specific game mechanic.

I hope GGG doesn't take to the community to heart too much, as I seriously don't think the general POE population knows much about the context of how the game meta changes and how they impact the overall game.

Also people just parrot the term "build diversity" without actually thinking how meta changes truly impact it. There's no good way to tell how diverse the gameplay mechanics are going to be after such a significant meta change until the community starts theorycrafting builds, this game is far too complex to figure out what builds are viable in a couple of months of beta testing.
Last edited by git67 on Aug 1, 2017, 1:34:48 AM
"
Rory wrote:
The vendor itself will not be included in 3.0.0. Your feedback about how it trivialises the acquisition of unique items (and associated Prophecies/vendor recipes/etc) is completely correct. We will ensure that the quest offers all of the threshold jewels to all characters (regardless of class) so that SSF players are not at a disadvantage due to the lack of the vendor.

So you make jewels that are essentially REQUIRED for some builds, then lock them behind walls for no reason other than inconvenience. Teasing with just 1 jewel still requires your player base to use a THIRD PARTY trading website to finish builds. You know dang well that limit to 2 jewels are 99% of the time required to use both.

Increase the cost if you must, but removing the vendor just feels like the wrong answer.

Selling them as corrupted would solve many issues that I could see.
Last edited by error4o4 on Aug 1, 2017, 1:55:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info