Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

Thanks a lot. Now these new informations/changes sound very reasonable!
So happy that this damn split arrow trash jewel will not make it live. ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
lmafo you don't know what you are talking about

a dps increase is a dps increase, power charges increase dps for ANY class, they aren't exclusive to the skill tree, do you even know anything about this game lmfao

why is spellcaster op? you have to ask? did you forget why people were bitching about the es nerf?

and minions do the work for you so you don't even have to do jack shit and you NEVER have to worry about reflect

spell class should be like avatar aang or azula, NOT a dumb minion parade, it's funny how people comment o global that kill isn't cull. well how about give the art of killing back to killing instead of just a lot of mindless cookie cutting

if that's even possible in a pve game
Last edited by lyrilljackson on Aug 1, 2017, 7:46:31 AM
Is there any chance we can get a second Threshold Jewel quest reward in Act 10, so people are guaranteed a full set?

EDIT: nevermind, this is probably unnecessary due to being able to run another character up to act 5 for another jewel
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Last edited by Commoble on Aug 1, 2017, 7:52:02 AM
awesome! yes! I hated the charge changes as it pigeon-holed us into using one or the other charges and thus force us to use only certain skills. Unlike the ascendancy change, where you can still use any skill on any class. I am worried however that you only need to do 10% of a bosses health to get max shock. I was thinking maybe 20% would be better, especially since you're going to put in those aliment effects.
Talking about the ailments; how will ignite be in 3.0? Anyone have a clue or did I miss patch notes regarding this matter?
You bent the knee to reddit i really don't know..
wait let me get this straight.
it takes 3 years for es nerfs
4 years for double dipping nerfs

but when reddit acts like they are going to play a trapper with the new chestpiece, which actually would never happen, you listen to them :D

EDIT: yea changes are fine/whatever, i just find this more amusing than i should
Last edited by mza33 on Aug 1, 2017, 8:12:14 AM
wait let me get this straight.
it takes 3 years for es nerfs
4 years for double dipping nerfs

but when reddit acts like they are going to play a trapper with the new chestpiece, which actually would never happen, you listen to them :D

Maybe they did, They took time out of there already hectic day and listened to a bunch of QQing. That says a lot , even if it was or wasn't the right choice. They read and listen, even to the non substantial.

The Power charge/frenzy charge needed to be put back in place tbh. You weren't going to NOT get a power charge if you were a caster , You got it. The way GGG made it, it is now ATK OR Caster. A or B... there is a lot less C,D,E,F,G.

Or so it seems atm? To be continued?
these changes seem much more reasonable and definitely seem to achieve what you are looking for in the long run.

these changes to chill and shock seem to be actually very very good and will make them worth while.
not having a minimum threshold isn't an issue with the diminishing effect, and it again opens up the possibility like you were saying, you want it to be easier for people to have shock/chill interactions throughout their build.

by these changes it seems almost relatively easy to always have something shocked or chilled, but its such a low effect that it would only be useful to stack the effects if you get gain from that in other aspects of your build. like old innervate. or hypothermia support.
though i think this means you'll need to change some things around, like hypothermia support should be increased chill effect for quality instead of duration - at least i feel anyway.

but ya very good changes i feel. seems legit
Happy about the changes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info