[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
more dmg, the debuff change doesnt matter for totems and the skilltree is basically the same with a handful of different options.

Why not? Don't totems also have to get SR to the max stage to debuff?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
more dmg, the debuff change doesnt matter for totems and the skilltree is basically the same with a handful of different options.

Why not? Don't totems also have to get SR to the max stage to debuff?

Totems stack stages really quickly.
Hi milky, could it be a chieftain build? for early uber lab carry?
"
Mini4You wrote:
Hi milky, could it be a chieftain build? for early uber lab carry?

I'd rather go for Scion Hierophant+Pathfinder.

Its quicker, flasks sustain is good, can drop kikazaru stuff if you go full curse removal via flasks (more life).

Chieftain doesn't offer anything that great for the build tho
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
There are not many changes (almost none) to the core of the build for 3.6

The Skilltree is the same (won't change the picture the next days because of that).
We just got a channel cluster for increased dmg and castspeed for channeling skills which don't require yourself channeling those skills. Can be a nice 3 pointer (near zealoth oath/AB).
Besides that there is nothing really interesting going on for the specc on the passive tree.

Gems didn't change that much as well.
Vaal RF and arcane surge are a bit nerfed if those were used.
Vaal RF grants a lower dmg bonus and i rarely used it anyway.
Arcane surge changed a bit with mana requirements and bonis while utility skills have lower mana costs than before (lower arcane surge level, lower benefit)

Scorching Ray received a dmg buff especially early on in the game. This helps A LOT leveling since the first levels after picking it up were a bit low on the dmg side.

Onslaught can be used for Storm Brand to receive the buff from time to time. Bit unreliable tho.

Bane is pretty bad for the build. Curse on hit is better since we need somethjng for elemental overload anyway. Bane would just add more clunkyness.

Malevolence and Zealoth are ok, but dont really fit in in this version, more about it later.

Items

The new Boots March of the Legion could be used with Malevolence, but have no life

Other things to try out

If you played the build already and wanna test a different approach you could try (not tested by me):

Scion Hierophant + Pathfinder or Saboteur.

The Hiero subclass still grants the +1 totem and literally perma Arcane surge.

Pathfinder subclass has the benefit of a good flask uptime and you could easily drop 2x kikazaru and use curse removal flasks in favour of other rings.

Saboteur can reach very high liferegen if you use lightning trap + cluster trap + multitrap + charged traps like I do. Its very spammable in many bossfights and even 1 throw grants similar liferegen to the hierophants. On top the 25% chance to bring is great for defence and the alternative start can be interesting (for both). Sounds pretty good for bossing i think.

Then Eldrich Battery is a option with Mind over Matter for Hierophant and Scion. Hiero can go for Sanctuary of Thought to support it, but looses the manaregen and qol from the charge generation.
I would only use it with Devouring Diadem since traveling requires too many points.
The good thing about it is you could easily use Malevolence + Zealoth + Herald of Ash (and maybe dread banner).
Soulmantles energy shield also plays into it a bit.

For my leaguestarter i am not entirely sure what i'll play yet.

Some Decay Trickster is my first option currently.
A test with scorching ray totems on a scion could be interesting as well.
There are tons of great leaguestarters available nowadays tho.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 8, 2019, 3:40:59 AM
is here any choice how raise moving speed?(boots+flask i count)
or try other moving skills inside flame dash ?
Last edited by tixyk on Mar 8, 2019, 6:35:23 AM
I was wondering if the Holy Flame totem works on this build :D
"
tixyk wrote:
is here any choice how raise moving speed?(boots+flask i count)
or try other moving skills inside flame dash ?

phase run is also an option, but besides that not so much

"
I was wondering if the Holy Flame totem works on this build :D

Not really, no. Would build and gear it different

Another quick question, is it possible to use Herald of Purity or another minion like this to put the Elemental Equilibrium on them ?
the elemental focus gem will cancel the burning ailment, but why still running burning support gem?

anyway to cancelled curse made by soulmantre?
Last edited by SoFastx on Mar 10, 2019, 7:37:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info