[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

hello
why oyu have CWDT lvl 20 enfeble lvl 20 and cold snap lvl 5 ? can i exp him also to lvl 20 or is here any problem what i dont see?
"
tixyk wrote:
hello
why oyu have CWDT lvl 20 enfeble lvl 20 and cold snap lvl 5 ? can i exp him also to lvl 20 or is here any problem what i dont see?

sure you can (or use another gem for utility), probably just testes some gemsetups and had it in a low lvl cwdt before and forgot to level it ;)

"
what do you think about droping soulmantle if i get a +1 totem shield and use rare rings to boost life/mana and DPS ?

soulmantle is the cheap and offensive route. +1 totem is always more dmg, the extra spelltotem link a ... extra link and you can utilize self-flagellation.

alternatively you can drop the kikazaru and self-flagellation and use 1-2 curse removal flasks IF you can manage them properly (runs out in endgame bossfights tho).

You can use other items ofc for better defence, lower dps and most likely more investment. malevolence with essence worm is an option then to compensate it a bit for excample.
Nothing wrong with that, i just made the guide for the soulmantle combo because its easy and cheap to use with good dps, early extra totem for clear and a 4link is basically a 5link already for big power early on (and later).

Ofc a chest and 2 rings with life/mana/etc are more solid especially for defence
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Can you use divine ire instead of scorching?
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Can you use divine ire instead of scorching?

No it scales completely different, the skilltree would look different, the gear, roll priorities on items etc.

Have 1 Question.
With Ancestral bond it seems to me that Arcane surge doesnt work with storm brand, so just get rid off it ?
"
uliboss wrote:
Have 1 Question.
With Ancestral bond it seems to me that Arcane surge doesnt work with storm brand, so just get rid off it ?

arcane surge works with AB.

You just need to watch for the level of arcane surge and the manacost it requires to procc. The sweetspot is always proccing arcane surge with one cast of the linked spell (except its your mainskill for dmg). For some its lvl 1, for others lvl 5 or something inbetween or higher. Depend on the genlevel, amount of links and what it linked.

storm brand (in this case), flame dash, orb of storms or phase run are usually used with this in that matter.

If it doesnt work for you properly i would assume that you leveled the supportgem. The skill doesn't have to deal dmg to procc arcane surge

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 19, 2019, 1:08:02 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
uliboss wrote:
Have 1 Question.

arcane surge works with AB.

You just need to watch for the level of arcane surge and the manacost it requires to procc. The sweetspot is always proccing arcane surge with one cast of the linked spell (except its your mainskill for dmg). For some its lvl 1, for others lvl 5 or something inbetween or higher. Depend on the genlevel, amount of links and what it linked.

storm brand (in this case), flame dash, orb of storms or phase run are usually used with this in that matter.

If it doesnt work for you properly i would assume that you leveled the supportgem. The skill doesn't have to deal dmg to procc arcane surge

Oh, I'm damb, ty for answer
Hello. In the gem section, you mention that using herald of ash is good. But wiki said the more fire damage and more burning damage are both local, I think HoA will not benefit this build...?

Edit: and how about using Malevolence? 20% more DoT looks juicy.
Last edited by fangfang830617 on Mar 20, 2019, 7:11:45 AM
"
Hello. In the gem section, you mention that using herald of ash is good. But wiki said the more fire damage and more burning damage are both local, I think HoA will not benefit this build...?

Edit: and how about using Malevolence? 20% more DoT looks juicy.

herald of ash grants more spell fire spell dmg which affects scorching ray. The burning dmg on the gem is exclusively for the overkill dmg that correct.

Malevolence is fine, just cannot fit it in the build. too much reservation with a 40% MoM effect is shit. Only really useful with essence worm which means no soul mantle combo (except with curse removal flasks or atziris reflection).

So far I am in Act 7 and I love this build!

But I am very confused about the gem levels.

Why are so many of your gems at level 19 and not 20?

Why is Vaal Lightning Trap at level 1 and the other trap gems at 1, 5, and 18?

Why is Arcane Surge at level 4?

Why is Vaal Cold Snap at level 5?

Why is Faster Casting at level 13?

Why is Multiple Totems at level 10?

When placing totems is there a strategy to placement or just place them near enemy packs/boss?

I am using Vaal Lightning Trap, but how can I tell I triggered EE? Should I use regular Lightning Trap or the Vaal version only?

I use Storm Brand but it doesn't always trigger Elemental Overload, why?

For regular enemies I just place Scorching Ray totems and things die fast. Yet Searing Bond Totems barely do anything, what purpose do they serve, just to buff my Templar?

Why don't you use leap slam? Flame Dash can only be used 3 times in a given time.
Last edited by TurdFlingingApe on Mar 22, 2019, 4:23:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info