[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Hey Milky, I have been following this build and I have been really liking it!

I just had 2 questions that I am not sure about.

Why don't you cast any skills yourself? Why not just use scorching ray from your hands since we didn't take Ancestral Bond?
I guess I am busy enough casting totems? Or is that more of a relic from when the build had Ancestral Bond?

Secondly, why shield charge over leap slam all the time instead of just in the labyrinth? I personally like leap slam way more, and I am not quite seeing the advantage of using shield charge over it other than that it could potentially stun.

Other than that, I think I got it, and it's already working out great!

EDIT: Bonus question. I don't feel like running 2 curses. You mentioned maybe using Arctic Armor. What about Determination?
Last edited by phantom16 on Mar 12, 2018, 3:20:49 PM
Great guide.

It's an absolute boss slayer like nothing I've ever seen -although I have admittedly little experience - and the clearspeed is just fine.
Last edited by Abufihamat on Mar 12, 2018, 3:36:02 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Maraah wrote:
Hello Milky :)
First, very nice build. Main bonus its totally SILENT (multiple flameblasts do so much noise...)

Second.
I'm running pure offensive curses (flammability + elemental weakness) on OoS, plus EE.
Its possible to milk :P more damage from other curse-combo or not (max 2)?

Despair might even be slightly stronger than a 20/20 ele weakness from a glimpse i had in PoB testing it.

Thanks for reply, i totally forget about PoB!
"
phantom16 wrote:

Why don't you cast any skills yourself? Why not just use scorching ray from your hands since we didn't take Ancestral Bond?
I guess I am busy enough casting totems? Or is that more of a relic from when the build had Ancestral Bond?

Secondly, why shield charge over leap slam all the time instead of just in the labyrinth? I personally like leap slam way more, and I am not quite seeing the advantage of using shield charge over it other than that it could potentially stun.

EDIT: Bonus question. I don't feel like running 2 curses. You mentioned maybe using Arctic Armor. What about Determination?

1. there is no reason to selfcast anythinf besides stuff to buff/debuff, especially with 3 totem cluster and some totemdmg jewels.

2. use the movementskill you like the most, doesn't really matter. Lighting warp would even be the fastest for the build due to lacking attackspeed.

3. Mind over matter is a big defence for the build, i wouldn't reserve more than 35% of the mana except i wanna test some extreme setups where i expect taking no dmg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAN1A5oEUQSzCPQLYRBYEMwRDxEtEmkWbxccGDwYVhhqGjgc3B0UHxghsCSqJy8o-ismK7YsnC6UNPc1kjbpOhY6WDrYOuE7DTwtQYdDyEWdSU9N408EUftTUlXGVkhYB1htWOVboF5dXwRfKmQzZlRmnmhaaPJqQ3F5dFV4L3wOfIN85YKbgseDX4PMg9uFMoV7hoKHZYxGjxqPRpBVly2XhZitmjua4JuhnWOdrp_fogCmV6cIp1WnlKyYr2y3PriTvKq86r0nwxPGrs0W0f3YJNi94XPjauvu7DjvfO_r8B_xbPJF99f4k_no-tL-Cv6P?accountName=Milkyslice&characterName=RFTotemsAndSRTotems

quick gear/passive update of my char.

Bought a perfect rumis for 25c which is always nice to have.

The shield was bought for 10c, good life, firedmg and some resist. note: firedmg can only roll on pure es shields and eledmg on hybrid shields (which is a way lower roll).

then i grabbed a new abyss jewel to solve my dex issue with 3 decent stats on top (some dodge is never bad).

Looking for a better abyss belt in the future and could use a divine on the catalyst, its hard to get worse rolls :x

a new amulet could be nice as well for a higher life roll, maybe even top rolled kikazarus

the silver flask could need -23% flaskcharges used at least coupled with ignite/shock removal or %armour, but i am low on alterations atm... so i keep it.

silver flasks are nice for mapping for faster shieldcharges and rf totems cast rf a bit quicker. same for orb of storms.

gemlevel are all over the place since i 20% many of those.

oh and i enchanted the boots like 20 times, no life/mana regen when hit yet

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 13, 2018, 1:02:44 AM
https://youtu.be/fM4bnfZi8DM some yellow elder fight

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 13, 2018, 1:04:37 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
phantom16 wrote:

1. there is no reason to selfcast anythinf besides stuff to buff/debuff, especially with 3 totem cluster and some totemdmg jewels.

2. use the movementskill you like the most, doesn't really matter. Lighting warp would even be the fastest for the build due to lacking attackspeed.

3. Mind over matter is a big defence for the build, i wouldn't reserve more than 35% of the mana except i wanna test some extreme setups where i expect taking no dmg

1. makes sense

2. cool, I'll stick with leap slam then

3. That makes sense. I tested it myself anyways, and it did actually seem that I was taking more damage somehow. I'll give arctic armor a try, and at worst, I think I might just not run a 2nd curse or defensive skill

Thanks for the quick reply!
Last edited by phantom16 on Mar 13, 2018, 4:04:33 AM
Hi Milky, in guide you noted that for high end bosses you switch RF totems for SR totems, yet in gear you posted in last post you got boots with spell totem support, so you can cast SR totems without switching gems in chest? Or do you still do it for high end bosses?
"
lakyljuk wrote:
Hi Milky, in guide you noted that for high end bosses you switch RF totems for SR totems, yet in gear you posted in last post you got boots with spell totem support, so you can cast SR totems without switching gems in chest? Or do you still do it for high end bosses?

I would still swap.

SR deals more singletarget damage and they stack. So i rather use SR in my chest where i can have a 6 or 7 link than the boots which is a 4-5 link.

Its really only something i would do at t16+ bosses.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 13, 2018, 6:54:39 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
lakyljuk wrote:

I would still swap.

SR deals more singletarget damage and they stack. So i rather use SR in my chest where i can have a 6 or 7 link than the boots which is a 4-5 link.

Its really only something i would do at t16+ bosses.

So during normal mapping you use RF totems from chest and SR totems from boots at the same time? Like two RF and two SR?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info