[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
AaronV89 wrote:
Sorry for the dumb question but how do I calculate the damage output of RF? The skill tooltip doesn't display numbers, only correlation of damage to life, etc.

math > calculator.

the easy way is importing the character in path of building.

usually dps doesnt matter anything sine it wouldnt account any debuffs on enemys, mapmods etc.
But it can be useful to compare upgrades or different setups.

What matters in the end is: does the dps feel good enough for clearing or not, like with any skill in the game
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 10, 2018, 12:10:54 PM
So just did my first yellow elder this league and it was the easiest thing of my life... but died to some buggy shit in the end.
I assume tempchains did affect the elder in his death animation since zanas bubble disappeared before he exploded. Not really mad, but something that might happen to others as well

ha ha oops. i'm been running around with ancestral bonds and elemental equilibrium.

at least you can still proc elemental overload with ancestral bonds skilled. I'm still somewhat used to the old build i guess.

quick gear update

Bought the boots for 40c with their global totemdmg and pseudo 5link for scorching ray. I wanted a lvl 22 spelltotem and try rf in there (would be roughly 15% less dmg than a 5l soulmantle only), but there is nothing on the market with either decent rolls or totemdmg with 25%+ movementspeed.

also running uberlab now for 2%mana/life regen when hit, especially the manaregen part is insane.

next some random abyss belt and a shitty jewel. Had no currency for a good jewel yet.

Then i bought a cheap dorys catalyst and a 1c shield (even forgot to 20% it) to overcap my resists again due to the belt/boot swap.

i am happy with most slots atm, except the shield and belt. Ultimately i wanna be independant from resistance rolls (except chaos) on shield, so a well rolled abyss jewel and belt have priority now. after that a high life + firedmg shield or lioneyes remorse. would prefer a rare one since those can also roll manaregen, mana etc... but we will see what i can grab ;)

Oh and the 4th socket in the boots should be blue for efficacy, but i had no jeweler left to craft em further.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 10, 2018, 5:29:07 PM
Thanks for the nice guide, I started playing RF totems this league, and it's a lot of fun so far.

Sorry if it's already been asked:

Is it worth it to invest some skill points into witch AoE nodes, through Deep Wisdom to Blast Radius and around it? Seems like it could help with clearing speed.

Greetings! I've never played poe before and I followed your build (almost) completely and I have to say I'm having a blast. I just want to ask one question, why is Doryani's that good? Isn't Balefire generally better, since we rely on SR for bosses?

Thanks in advance!
"
fwd wrote:
Thanks for the nice guide, I started playing RF totems this league, and it's a lot of fun so far.

Sorry if it's already been asked:

Is it worth it to invest some skill points into witch AoE nodes, through Deep Wisdom to Blast Radius and around it? Seems like it could help with clearing speed.

you can if you want, i just prefer universally useful nodes and not something that only affects 1/3 of my skills.

"

I just want to ask one question, why is Doryani's that good? Isn't Balefire generally better, since we rely on SR for bosses?

like in the last reply, Balefire is only good for scorching ray and doesnt benefit RF and SB at all. Its great for what it does (and the price), but ultimately global up to 132% elemental dmg is better especially if you got some lvl 20 scorching ray (and swap it in a 5-6l chest for endgame bosses). on top it has atk speed for a bit faster shield charges

Hi! Wouldn't Illuminated devotion be better than Conviction of power?we dont need power charges.with illuminated we get 25% aoe ,2.5% life leech(with 4 rf+ SR totem), and 40% spell damage.
"
richyxx wrote:
Hi! Wouldn't Illuminated devotion be better than Conviction of power?we dont need power charges.with illuminated we get 25% aoe ,2.5% life leech(with 4 rf+ SR totem), and 40% spell damage.

Lifeleech doesnt work with dots.

then the condition is annoying, it needs arcane surge in OoS but that results in a lower critchance - less EO uptime.

40% spelldmg only works for SR and the AoE only for RF (well and blasphemy).

Conviction of power frees up gemslots.Doesnt need a critgem for OoS, no need for enduring cry and some rle dmg mitigation.

ok. thanks for clarification:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info