[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Rip my router :( This League isn't bringing me luck. New character progress somewhere next week.

Just grabbed this sweet pair an hour before the router rip. Using my orb of storms in it. 17% chance to blind for oos is preeeeetty good
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Rip my router :( This League isn't bringing me luck. New character progress somewhere next week.

Just grabbed this sweet pair an hour before the router rip. Using my orb of storms in it. 17% chance to blind for oos is preeeeetty good

How much were those by any chance? Need to look into upgrading boots and gloves once I get my Doryaani
i got an ungils harmony so i'm going to try it for the early/mid game to proc overload better if i think i need to. I did things a little weirdly so i don't have overload yet but once i got it i don't need crit multiplier since that doesn't matter anyway so the extra crit chance might help.
"
Brian9824 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

How much were those by any chance? Need to look into upgrading boots and gloves once I get my Doryaani

12c was that pair. Blind on OoS can increase the totem/character survivability a lot against attack based bosses etc ;)

On the other side 30% more dot dmg gloves are pretty sweet as well.

The next thing i will look for are spelltotem boots.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 8, 2018, 5:15:35 PM
I have been enjoying this build. I've always been a big totem fan since I started playing. I just got started mapping but have NOT being using elemental equilibrium. Is this bad? I just feel the mechanic of hitting them with orb of storms FIRST before any totem damage to be cumbersome. The idea of using a trap to do it feels even more clunky. Am I screwing myself as a progress through maps?
"
SlaxorMoe wrote:
I have been enjoying this build. I've always been a big totem fan since I started playing. I just got started mapping but have NOT being using elemental equilibrium. Is this bad? I just feel the mechanic of hitting them with orb of storms FIRST before any totem damage to be cumbersome. The idea of using a trap to do it feels even more clunky. Am I screwing myself as a progress through maps?

but you still need to use orb of storms to trigger elemental overload. Orb of storms serves four purposes, trigger EE, trigger EO, apply a curse, and apply arcane surge, blind, etc. It is clunky but we do not have other choices. If you play pure RF without totems, you can use shield charge to trigger EO/EE, but it is not that good for this build. EE is crucial for this build because we cannot crit with SR/RF and there are no other efficient ways to boost damage.
"
SlaxorMoe wrote:

You don't need to hit them with orb of storms first. I just use it for tougher mobs as trash melts even without it.

As its been said it triggers many effects and lowers their fire resists significantly increasing your damage
Hey There!

OP, been following your build and 2 quick questions... apologizes if you already answered them!

1) How did you account for the 130 Dex Requirement for the shield? (where the build is mostly Str/Int based)
and;
2) Any luck finding that shield to complete this build? lol heard it's non-exisitant and rarer then Mirror of Kalandra

Thanks!

WD
"
WhiteDar wrote:
Hey There!

OP, been following your build and 2 quick questions... apologizes if you already answered them!

1) How did you account for the 130 Dex Requirement for the shield? (where the build is mostly Str/Int based)
and;
2) Any luck finding that shield to complete this build? lol heard it's non-exisitant and rarer then Mirror of Kalandra

Thanks!

WD

1. its pretty easy to obtain a shitton of dex on the amulet or rings.

2."complete this build" lol. Its far away from being mandatory. And yes its rare af and average joe will never have one

"
Am I screwing myself as a progress through maps?

definetly. Its like having a 6link equipped but you only use 3 links om it.
Youre avoiding the biggest dmg source of the build that has absolutely no downside for it.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 9, 2018, 4:36:57 AM
Any thoughts Celestial Judgement/Punishment Cluster that's directly below Ancestral Bond? There's a total of 98% total increased elemental/fire/burning over 8 nodes with only one node between to get there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info