Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

I am fine with the breach changes.

I, for one, do not like the legacy changes. The stones drop so much who cares if you waste 1 out of 5 charges? If they did not drop as regular as they do then fine. So we have to pay attention: complexity is what makes this game above all other games.
I do enjoy legacy league as a temporary league, but to implement it as part of the main mechanics in the current game is something I'm not too fond of, since it essentially allows player to "optionally" increase the difficulty of the game when applying league stones, and this difficulty increase depends on what stones they input. I feel like the difficulty of the game shouldn't be so easily manipulated whether it be taking the decision to not apply any league stone or as hard as applying the most difficult magic league stones.

At any rate, this is just my opinion. I'm just against altering the difficulty of a game after it starts .
Thinking a bit more about this, legacy was an amazing mechanic which could have been used to add all future leagues to it as well! And as others have said, I also never used the zana mods anyways as they were too expensive for me to waste chaos on. It should not only be the rich players that have unlimited access to this type of content.

And why even nerf the hands of wisdom/motion?... with all the ES nerfs, these will be a non-issue anyways. The only thing that needed to disappear is VP working with ES, every other nerf should not be happening!
Last edited by sarannah101 on May 31, 2017, 7:33:49 AM
Breaches are nice challenge! Good thing you decided to add them into core game!

However I feel like there is too much going on from the past leagues. In my opinion leftovers from Domination league should be removed. Shrines feel always just as another very thick pack and they offer nothing else. Their effects are boring and give very little impact in most cases. Other option would be to rework all these shrine effects to give burst of feeling that there is really some big buff on your character, that you would want to use as well as possible.
Last edited by Jyssi on May 31, 2017, 7:57:39 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

There's no room for all that unbalanced stuff in challenge leagues, and there's no force to change that these challenges are fully based on the permanent core game (no different 'cores', as suggested).

leaguestones would have been perfect for buffing permanent leagues. "tehClutter" could have been avoided by nerfing the droprate to chaos level.

as suggested by others, the map device could have been used for their activation.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
If leaguestones will ever come back, increase their charges, or let them be charged with other identical stones without a cap! If one would charge blue stone with same mod rolls, it'd get the lowest rolls on the charged one. This way the juggling would get a lot less annoying.

The best part with legacy league was getting these old themes for "free". Zana costs have always felt way too expensive for the fun and challenge part. To get that legacy league feel on future leagues, why wouldnt zana give you free optional old league mod every once in a while based on your completed maps? This would encourage playing more while giving sometimes a refreshment to mapping! :)

IMO Zana overall is great and fun, but her working just as expensive currency sink is bad design. She will reward the already heavily invested maps in the very end game, but thats a lot of missed potential. Why does normal t1 map mod cost as much as t12 rare in the 1st place??

Zana could use some serious rework in any case.
Last edited by Jyssi on May 31, 2017, 8:01:16 AM
Thank you for bringing back boredness with these changes. *sigh*

Breaches and, most importantly, league stones, made the leveling and end game content A LOT more fun to me. Why? Because it's more rewarding, more challenging, especially when you have a powerful build that needs equally powerful content so it does not bore you to death. And, frankly, apart from the guardians and shaper, the map system is trivial, ATM. T1 to T15 maps, excluding guardians? Way to easy, even with the strongest mods, with a decently powerful build. Adding breaches and league stones upped considerably the challenge, when needed.

At least, up the breach's chance (10% is way too low) and considerably lower Zana costs. Paying in chaos IS INSANE, there's no way to get the value back, apart for some lucky drop. I NEVER used zana mods, because they are so expensive. Sure, the top 1% of players afford them, but this should be a mechanic accessible for new and average players, don't you think?
Last edited by D3adGh0st on May 31, 2017, 8:00:40 AM
Zana's map mods should have charges,like leaguestones.
2-3-4 chaos per map run is for flippers only.
So u cant use leaguestones after Legacy is over?
Or did i miss something?
Worst thing i saw so far. They get rid of the best thing I ever played in POE. Legacy was so much fun and im a casual noob with noth much insights on the game. This destroys my hype for 3.0. Play it through, look for the new content and then uninstall untill something funny happens.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info