Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

for leaguestones, what if you could place them in the map device when you run a map, theres 3 spaces for them AND it would be easier to notice when the leaguestone is out of charges (it would disappear and there would be an empty space in the map device). if anyone is concerned about the ability to use fragments for quantity in a system like that, the trade-off seems more than fair, especially coupled with zana mods (could be tailored to suit).
Last edited by awave on May 31, 2017, 5:20:22 AM
what this manifesto says is basically screw standard, we're keeping it boring and we're making breachstones and splinters irrelevant just like essences since they became core game mechanic
Four bloody months playing this league and I got a sum total of *one* of those damnably annoying reliquary keys. I got FOUR exalt drops, which tells me they set the rarity of those damn keys WAY too high for the average player to experience which is very bad design since it does not allow players to, you know, play that content.

The league itself I actually liked; it gave me control over which mechanics I wanted while I played. Of all the previous leagues, this is the one I would like to see transferred to standard (which I don't play often anyway, I usually stick to leagues if they don't suck *kof* tempest *kof*).

They're disabling leaguestones simply because they want to keep the zana league mechanics put there solely to suck up currency (in 3 years I've never bothered to use them even once). It would be better to expand the map device - add a box specifically for leaguestones. Dump one in the little box and the next five (or however many) maps will be affected by the stones. Then continue to have them drop - more rare, granted, but make the ones that do drop better than the corrupted common rarity trash they've got in the game now.

Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on May 31, 2017, 5:55:09 AM
"
We are glad our players enjoyed Legacy League, and in greater numbers than ever before.

CNN is that you speaking..?? 3:)
IGN: Bluntexile
I have to admit that 3.0 Looks more and more like a major disappointment for casuals.

Breaches have a 10% chance, so that only 1/10 of my maps have it. You know, I have yet to gather enough splinters to finally enter a breach lords realm, how am I supposed to do it with such a big nerf?

Is playing 10 years to see a feature of that game really what you want us to do?

As for Legacy, it has been the best addition to the game ever. It allowed Casuals to see all mechanics over time. With Zana this was never the case, as why should we pay 6 chaos for a mod, that gives us 15 minutes of joy, if we need to play days to find those 6 chaos again? Chaos orbs are super valuable, wasting them at Zana is just pointless.

Maybe POE is indeed no longer the casual game experience that it once was and we should all go, but I am very disappointed that you completely forget about the majority of your players here.

Your statement that 25k ES are what we all have, the nerf of breaches and removal of legacy features makes me wonder who your target audience really is.

It seems as if your game goes more and more into a "use POE trade or die" and this is terrible.
"
Ygidua wrote:

Is playing 10 years to see a feature of that game really what you want us to do?

As for Legacy, it has been the best addition to the game ever. It allowed Casuals to see all mechanics over time. With Zana this was never the case, as why should we pay 6 chaos for a mod, that gives us 15 minutes of joy, if we need to play days to find those 6 chaos again? Chaos orbs are super valuable, wasting them at Zana is just pointless.

This.

Legacy was first league I really enjoyed. I don't think I will be playing so much in future if you keep to your retarded design ideas, which usually means "throw out the most enjoyable content".

No play, no support, you should consider this GGG.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
Qarl wrote:

The Legacy league succeeded in being an excellent celebration of challenge leagues of the past. (...)

There was difficulty in properly communicating how to engage with the system, and after players had learned how, they had to put considerable effort into maintaining three Leaguestones and not accidentally using them where they did not mean to. (...) We feel it provides too much overhead for newer players, and is something we'd like to reserve for special occasions. Leaguestones will therefore not function in normal leagues and will no longer drop.

(...)

We are glad our players enjoyed Legacy League, and in greater numbers than ever before.

While your decision is probably wise in terms of balance (league-specific uniques), the way you have formulated your argument is self-contradictory. According to you, the main problem was (1) communicating the system to newer players and (2) effort to maintain 3 leaguestones; Problem 1 would be easily addressed by improving communication, and problem 2 you demonstrate to be invalid by (probably correctly) indicating that Legacy league was successful and the most popular and enjoyable league ever. Sadly, that makes your decision nearly ununderstandable to people like me.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last edited by onomastikon on May 31, 2017, 6:08:11 AM
Nice changes. Agree with some, disagree with others, but we all knew that Legacy was a last view of the past, lets head for the future now.

If you want to avoid community spam and more problems, I suggest you lower Zana prices..
It is time that map mods got cheaper. Nobody wants to waste 6 chaos orbs on Zana, that is simply stupid.

Well done though, nice job overall.

(Just a tiny bit disappointed for the standard players that will not have the chance to play as we did on Legacy. Not only did you raise the season timer, but you also removed the chance of standard players using leaguestones.. Many will leave the game from this choice, expect some spam in the future. Not sure if it was the right move but anyway..)
Stay awhile... and listen.
F*ck....
Now i have to use all leaguestones before the league end. Somehow disappointing.
Seems that some of us gained too much wealth with the concept.

Though, thanks for the chance to play the old content again. It was really refreshing to play HC leagues as a SC player :)
Processing tuned down tempest shield MTX [pending...]
OMG Thank you so much
RIP BREACHES
It's so insanely OP and a stupid mechanic imo
Legacy was just a Breach 2.0

#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless
Last edited by potfrr on May 31, 2017, 6:11:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type