Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

from my point of wiew legacy failed "only" because there was so little variency on them..
either 0 or blue and thats that.

adding few more things to legacy stone modifiers (maybe making so that only usable in maps putting them on the pedestal)

it would make things harder in maps, while not interrupting the leveling process.

allso making it so that there would be yellow stones that have 2 past leagues in 1 stone with lot harder mods would add to the variety and enjoability of them.

i mean looking at all possible things you could add as modifiers such as unique monsters being possessed, random hazards to areas... if we put it as map only addition you can do so much more with them.

as for zana mods i dont think it would make so much difference if you can get same mods on map as the stones have since many of them are inclusive with them selves...

i mean if you want to add turbo (paying extra cost) to allready turbo mobs to make it more difficult then let ppl do so.

after all if you have prophecy that would affect map and add map variant for same thing they both come true (addional rogue exiles as example) & sextant modifiers do the same working together(happened to me once to huge amount of rogue exiles everywhere dropping all linked items), then why not letting zana & legacy stones work same way?

(yes you can stack immeasurable challenges this way but if you want to roll with it...)

after all having purely white legacy stones that did nothing more than add little bit to what you were doing was nothing but boring over boring.

if white stones had 1addional modifier blue ones 2 yellow ones 4 (or 3 if you so desire) it would not feel so boring.

purely my thoughts on the issue.
I'm really disappointed... Clear speed meta wins once again. Speedrunners hated leaguestones and they are gone. Breach became a standard game mechanics, but casual players won't see much of it. :(
Wow two of the best mechanics basically scrapped...this sucks...game is getting harder and harder to enjoy.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
sounds good.

personally I really didnt like all the leaguestone juggling.
I think leaguestones were a great mechanic, even though it took a long time for me to understand what the leaguestones did.

The thing is, these leaguestones make mapping less painful for the poor. Zana mods cost a lot of currency to run but leaguestones allow you to get a little bit of quantity items dropped without breaking the bank all the time.

In addition, the chance to get rare items from previous leagues kept me farming instead of deciding to stop playing.

Do reconsider adding leaguestones into the game. What you need to look at is probably revising the implementation. Maybe leaguestones can give discounted micro bonuses from Zana or something.
(🌸=◡=)
No more Legacy?
RIP HoWA?

HYPE !!!
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
oh really ggg???
breach was one of or the the most fun mechanic..
and if u dont want to do a breach u could skip that..
10% chance to get a breach on map?? 1 in 10 maps to see a breach?...or use sextants..??
as others have said..alter the map device to put legacy stones..together with maps..even restricting some, if u like, like allow the top 5 types of stones used...but dont get rid of legacy too..
u guys got two great things, breaches and legacy stones, and are throwing away something the majority loves..

besides breaches was a fine way to leveling, even on low or high lvl...
with this change..we will need more sextants now to get always a breach mod, to lvl faster on maps, so sextants price will got higher..
and breaches was a fun and a nice way to give a boost on lvl of alts too...on the lvling process..

and zana prices and master crafting prices seems to never being made for the poor..just for the riches..

so u guys r just forcing us to perma lock breach mod via sextants on atlas...

(sry if anything, but english is not my native language)
Juggling leaguestones was very clunky, so hopefully if they ever do return in some form that will be sorted out.

With league effects returning to zana, I hope to see breach as one of the possible zana mods (maybe on the expensive side, 6 chaos, say).
"
Ygidua wrote:
As for Legacy, it has been the best addition to the game ever. It allowed Casuals to see all mechanics over time. With Zana this was never the case, as why should we pay 6 chaos for a mod, that gives us 15 minutes of joy, if we need to play days to find those 6 chaos again? Chaos orbs are super valuable, wasting them at Zana is just pointless.

Couldn't agree more!

Esp when doing SSF.

Loved it since it allowed me to play the mods (talisman, perandus, invasion) that I really like! Breach? you can remove it as far as Im concerend.. don't like that one.

Adding those via Zana? forget it! not even close to being worth it
The few chaos that I've found is reserved for buying uniques from the masters. All other uses are far far to risky to be used.

In short.. this change removes all those mechanics from casuals and especially from SSF casuals.

Sad...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info