Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

"
Enja_N wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Legacy

While we look forward to using Legacy again at some point in the future, we will not be adding it to the core game at this time.

We feel it provides too much overhead for newer players, and is something we'd like to reserve for special occasions.

Well that's kind of sad then. Maybe instead take the chance to develop a proper system that helps and explains these features to new/returning players. It would go a long way for other portions of the game among having the Leaguestones added in for the rest of us. As things stand this was one of the best leagues over the past years.

Yeah be sad to see them turned off for a time.

A couple simple changes would be to make them activate in maps only (so no accidently using them) and remove the increased capacity affixes since that leads to micromanaging 5/7/8 charges etc which was a nuisance.

Surprised they're turning them off completely, You could just bung them into the other 3 slots in the map device to activate them.

Actually that'd solve the first problem too.

As an overall mechanic it's a pretty simple concept? i'm not sure why players struggle with it. It's certainly less complicated to use legacy stones than it is to use sextant mods.
Last edited by Asmosis on May 31, 2017, 5:03:55 AM
"
TheLastZica wrote:
This literally kills my plans to buy supporter packs. No leaguestones going forward? Ugh... the best league they've ever made and they drop the ball. Legacy NEEDED to be core.

sure u played alot with only 3 challenges completed
oh i guess it was perfect for your bots right fkin cunt
Hello from the other side
"
Falafas wrote:
Standard guys, you are permanently crying about standard economy being ruined due to legacy items and stuff.

Isn't it obvious? It's only 'ruined' by stuff you can't/don't own :D

To all the disappointed fanbois: I feared it to come different, but that's just what Legacy was, and had to be: a FINAL LOOK BACK, followed by the inevitable LOOK FORWARD.

There's no room for all that unbalanced stuff in challenge leagues, and there's no force to change that these challenges are fully based on the permanent core game (no different 'cores', as suggested).
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Sounds neat
best manifesto so far

<3 <3 <3
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.

yall the real MVP's... Keeping my ring worth something <3
Last edited by YouAteAllTheCake on May 31, 2017, 5:11:00 AM
even if i don't have the time to really play this league i really enjoy it .... RIP legacy make me sad....
Breach
I think it´s a good decision to add Breach to maps, but not to the acts. Maybe the chance for a Breach should be a bit higher.

Legacy
I will miss Legacy very much. It was great fun to beef up maps and areas according to my preferences. And I liked the challenges that required to combine certain leaguestones a lot.
But I admit that this feature is possibly a bit too powerful in its current form to become part of the core game. Hopefully we will see it return some day.
Last edited by Lorkhan on May 31, 2017, 5:18:34 AM
I had a great time playing Legacy League, but I am still really happy to see leaguestones go away. It was a micromanagement nightmare, and having 3 active leagues as well as stacking sextants was just far too rewarding.

It'll be nice to have Zana back to normal too.
[deleted]
Last edited by WildWombat on May 31, 2017, 5:21:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info