Energy Shield and Life

"
Redblade wrote:
The change to Vaal Pact kills the "broken" interaction. Without it and the crazy nerfs to potential ES amount CI is dead. This also completely kills CI based HoWA builds which by far was my favorit build (and item).

How do you see a HoWA build countering reflect after this? Currently, with VP and purity of lightning, I almost one shot my self to single reflect rares.

I'm sorry but this change is terrible. Not to mention how you're creating masses of legacy rares in standard as well.

Edit: You also forgot to fix the core issue with life which made everyone go CI in the first place. Massive damage mechanics that deal 10+ damage, especially elemental such as volotile. (Also the reason why I stoped playing HC)

Part of me thinks they did this on purpose to builds like HoWA. With the nerfs to double dipping, HoWA becomes a nearly standalone OP build. These ES and VP nerfs help balance it. Also I love people complaining about one of the strongest builds and its issue it has because it deals TOO MUCH damage.

Also, STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT THESE NERFS. Did you forget about all the defensive buffs from the Pantheon system? Additionally, these nerfs will be beta tested by people hopefully more knowledgeable than all the whiners in this thread.
i think with those changes many interesting builds will pop up gj guys :)
Good job GGG! Keep shaking the meta and making PoE fresh again. All the salt in this thread, holy crap, you guys need to chill. These changes are even final LOL
Silly gamers. So very predictable. Oh no, they've nerfed my favorite sort of builds (even if well deserved), I shall now cry and threaten to leave. Who cares if the entire reason for having a beta testing period is to well....TEST! I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if when all the testing and balancing is complete that ES builds will still reign supreme for the most part. Nothing was ever wrong with life builds anyways. They don't need to buff life in any major way other than what they've announced. It was simply a case of ES being generally better in every scenario. So they brought it back down to earth a little. Get a grip exiles....LIFE goes on. The game will evolve as it always has. Nothing new here.
Last edited by Kazerath77 on May 17, 2017, 9:24:41 PM
I would have much preferred that GGG buffed Life instead of nerf ES.

The problem with Life vs ES is because Life is just so difficult to invest in, going full intelligence is still gonna give ridiculous amounts of ES compared to Life.

I think a huge buff to Life would be simply to give 1 life for every strength point, and the usual 2% Melee for every 10 strength.
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
wtb shavs. offer 2 alt pst
Fu___ng knew it, knew they would nerf the one actually good defense mod playset, while not nearly doing shit for life and other defences.

1)Centerize the main wheel of life nodes, so its not stupidly crazy out of the way for classes on the right side.
2)add more base # life nodes to the tree
3)Quit ruining builds/mods that are actually useable and work, fix the broken shit that is unuseable
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Ashriel wrote:
Or... and hear me out here... you could BUFF LIFE?

Or... and hear me out here... you could play ... DIABLO3 AND HAVE 50000000 LIFE??? And if thats not enough, 5 more seasons and youll have 999999999999 Life because the devs couldn't keep their players without doubling stats on everything every few weeks?!

Just go..
"
HoockBr wrote:
"
Ghost Reaver
This keystone had a huge downside for characters specialized in both Life and Energy Shield, as they could no longer leech any life, but had no penalty for pure Energy Shield Chaos Inoculation characters. Because of this, we've now added a multiplier to Energy Shield Recharge Rate to the keystone, so players will be trading Recharge Rate for leech.

This one got me confused.

My understanding is the plan is to make Vaal Pact no longer affect energy shield at all. To compensate, Ghost Reaver is instead going to not have anything to do with leech, and instead is going to be changed to be a multiplier to your energy shield recharge rate. The intention is to make ES go back to being based on recharge instead of the gimmick of instant leeching with high DPS to faceroll situations that would insta-rip any other build.

And for everyone bitching about the changes, two important key points to keep in mind:

1.) Nothing is set in stone. It seems that their intention is to go overboard originally and make tweaks over time during the beta. So that "33% reduction to ES values" can easily become a smaller number if the data they get warrants it. If anything, those most against these changes should do everything they can to get into the beta to PROVE why they feel the changes went overboard. Give them the data they need to see why it isn't working and they will fix it.

2.) Two words for the naysayers:
PANTHEON. SYSTEM.
You forget that GGG plans to add a defenses-based version of ascendancy points to the game, which you get by killing gods. From what was said, they won't be quite as strong as ascendancy points, but will give you great benefits if you can overcome some tough boss fights. Everyone is still stuck in the mindset of the current system in regards to the changes planned, and not thinking forward. It may well be necessary for these harsh nerfs if the pantheon system is really strong. Nobody knows more on that and likely won't until an announcement on it is made. Which probably isn't going to happen until the beginning of next month.
Before going full chicken little, maybe let some more news announcements about other changes planned happen so that a fuller picture of planned 3.0 changes can be understood.
Last edited by tacotiklah on May 17, 2017, 9:29:01 PM
ES was too good, yes, but did you really have to destroy it completely? You couldn't have just toned ES down a bit and buff life a bit, you had to knock ES down to life's level? But as long as you're destroying things, set a movespeed hard cap and destroy the clearspeed meta too please; then we could readjust exp gains to be a bit more like what they used to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info