Energy Shield and Life

Well, this is probably the nail in the coffin for me with POE. So much for my soon to be obsolete Blade Vortext CI ES Build. I'm okay with either small nerfs, or gradual nerfs that allow you to adopt your character and make the tweaks that you need, but when they do a completely and utter destruction nerf to the point where your character is unplayable at high levels, that's uncalled for....... The CI EAS Build was the only build that made running the uber lab tolerable and now they've taken that away completely......... It was fun while it lasted though.
Definitely a needed change here and I'm glad that GGG has taken the initiative to make bold moves to reign in ES and Vaal Pact, in particular. It's a bit rough around the edges (some changes seem a bit too heavy handed, some others not enough) but overall it's pretty sound. I'm particularly glad that the decision to not increase life nodes was made. We don't need a game where life reaches the same absurd levels that ES is at now by leaning on VP and a huge EHP pool.

I am definitely curious as to how strong the new suffixes will be though and whether they can be rolled together. Path of Hybrids maybe?
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

About fucking time you have to play around Recharge/Faster Start.

Got to hope they buff it to the point that ES can recharge as low as every 350 or 500ms.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on May 17, 2017, 9:05:26 PM
When you say things like 15k es as a standard for "well-geared" characters, I can only think that you don't pay attention to most of your playerbase who have never reached that level.

The fact you think 25k es is today's standard for well geared characters is also wrong.

What kind of a person do you have doing the statistical analysis of your playerbase here or is this made up numbers like I think it is?

If most of your playerbase doesn't reach these high levels of ES, you don't nerf ES to "balance" the game because for most people they don't even reach that power level.

Stop basing your balance decisions on the 1% of people who have 40 challenges and have killed Uber themselves.

Dang. Just when I got an ES build that could do melee together, it's shot to bits. Oh well I suppose I'll be spending more time making my own game now ;)
Well, I have to admit I wasn't sure I'd the changes would go far enough - this is looking promising. Reductions to the highest of ES rolls, as well as taking away Vaal Pact, was necessary and will go a long way toward balancing ES. I'm more confident in the nerfs to ES than I am in the buffs to Life; I'll be interested to see how Life ends up doing later once the beta has started.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Oh boy, ES took the nerf hammer harder than I was expecting.
My last 15 or so characters have been all life based, i'm not even mad.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"
Hilldrake wrote:
Since they just said that a well rolled/crafted character can still reach 15k~ish ES, I'm fine with that. But I'm a bit sad that no buffs/changes were made to Life =( I was expecting some changes to how Life works/sustains itself. But well, I'll have to wait for the beta to see it =)

If u are CI, but even then i can hardly imagine 15k es without massive (bolded that, should bold couple more times) currency investment.

people that managed to reach 10k es on howa ci are super lucky, im interested to see how will that same howa work with 6k es after nerf
If you want to see what 16K es looks like, take a look at my character DayOneCrashesHYPE. It's not pretty and has 9.8k tooltip glacial cascade in a 6-link. I don't have GG gear, but it cost me around about 20c to gear it back in Prophecy.
Every game has suffered this. When something becomes too popular ,best intervention is to kill it to the ground, then over time(years) slightly build it up back to normalized levels.

What is funny that this exist since dawn of poe, it was never issue before.
"
RestlnPeace wrote:
"
dephness wrote:
all the people who find this bad, play ONLY ES because its so rediculas op. Get good at the game kiddos.

no more 25k es facetanking all content thinking you're good.

show me that 25 es face tank build stop lie you dont even play this game

Here's one of the earliest ones for ya - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/916630

And there've been several more in more recent times. It's certainly not the norm (which was around 8-12k ES), but it is feasible. Now the norm should be 6-10k ES. For life, the norm was 4-6k and now should be 5-7k thanks to the life rolls change. So they're much closer now, while ES retains its edge as compensation for all the downsides it has (stun, freeze and now Vaal Pact).

Also remember that this is for a Beta, so the final values will be different from those on here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info