Energy Shield and Life

"
Roji wrote:
"
mopeskie wrote:
so lets just fuck es because a small percentage of players are able to get 22 k es ?

thats daft ....

would love to know why u think ur average playerbase is that rich in game cureencey ?
thought this game was aimed as cAsual players was it not ?

rip new player base

The average player base was getting 20k+ Energy Shield with extremely high DPS vs the hardcore rich playerbase getting about 9k life with high dps. Life is basically almost useless as it is right now and armor is inferior to evasion and ES and is esentially worthless because you can't get the armor level up to a point of meaningful damage mitigation as ES provides far more eHP and evasion provides the ability to not take damage. Almost every build either recommends a CI build, or has a CI alternate build usually based on either ES, Evasion or ES/Evasion gear. Combine the fact that you can life leech circumventing the fact that you can't use a life flask and it makes Life/Armor pretty useless.

Just because you wanted to keep your OP easy street build doesn't mean it's BS.

average player getting 20 k es with high DPS . Do you even play this game ? really link that 20 k es high dps build here i give you my car. Stop using drugs man
Last edited by RestlnPeace on May 17, 2017, 8:59:16 PM
I think it´s amazing that they are brave enough to make a change like this.
Life deserved a buff for the longest.
Lul, people whining because youll actually have to play ES how it was originally designed.

About fucking time you have to play around Recharge/Faster Start.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 17, 2017, 8:59:58 PM
"

read again, life got NO BUFF.
"
Lunartuna wrote:
My girlfriend plays a 9k ES whispering ice build, so now she will have 5500 es? lmfao what? April fools is over bro's!

Not related to the post, but....FU for having a gf! :^)
"
"

read again, life got NO BUFF.

read again, it did.
"
Savorrow wrote:
Holy shit, talk about a bunch of fucking crybabies on the thread. "Well there goes all my fun builds" really?

Can anyone crying honestly say that these are unnecessary changes? Can you sit there and say truthfully that ES wasn't overpowered, and cast a huge shadow over life characters?

Good god, these changes are amazing. Also people saying shit and posting meme's about GGG not knowing what "balance" means.... I don't think the people making these comments know what balance means, because the changes being made are exactly what it means to move towards creating balance between life based and ES based builds.

If you are gonna cry about shit, go play D3. Luckily GGG doesn't listen to shit-filled-diaper crybabies like blizzard does.

EDIT: Also... These are the beginning of the changes. "WHUUU?! MY LIFE WONT BE OVER 20K?!" shut up and let things get ironed out. Nobody has even tested shit, but everyone is making assumptions. Just.Wait.For.Testing. After that, propose changes like a mature adult that GGG can read and take into consideration. For now.... shut the fuck up.

Actually GGG DID listen to the shit-filled-diaper cry babies on reddit.. Thats why we have what we have now.
It wouldnt have been so bad if they just dropped ES values. The nerf to ghost reaver and especially vaal pact is the killer.
"
Galadedrid wrote:
I suspect you may have overdone these nerfs just a little bit.

The buffs to life are nice, but the combined massive enormous ES nerfs will essentially kill the spec for everything except Ice Spear and non-combat supports.

Not to be rude, but they will be testing this during beta and will determine if they overtweaked things.

Secondly, LOL Ice Spear, and I thought some members of GGG were out of touch with their game.
"
Roji wrote:
"
mopeskie wrote:
so lets just fuck es because a small percentage of players are able to get 22 k es ?

thats daft ....

would love to know why u think ur average playerbase is that rich in game cureencey ?
thought this game was aimed as cAsual players was it not ?

rip new player base

The average player base was getting 20k+ Energy Shield with extremely high DPS vs the hardcore rich playerbase getting about 9k life with high dps. Life is basically almost useless as it is right now and armor is inferior to evasion and ES and is esentially worthless because you can't get the armor level up to a point of meaningful damage mitigation as ES provides far more eHP and evasion provides the ability to not take damage. Almost every build either recommends a CI build, or has a CI alternate build usually based on either ES, Evasion or ES/Evasion gear. Combine the fact that you can life leech circumventing the fact that you can't use a life flask and it makes Life/Armor pretty useless.

Just because you wanted to keep your OP easy street build doesn't mean it's BS.

Since the average player base was getting 20k+ es... Do me a favor and prove your point that it's average.. link me to 50 youtube vids or playerprofiles of people playing in temp league 2.6 that have rory's stated values of over 25,000... Go ahead. I'll wait. Link me to this average of playerbase that have 25k es. Link me to these people, and not just a select few. Go ahead. Surely there should be 1000's of youtube videos of all these op people with 25k es utterly destroying the game, and not just 5-20.. I'll be here waiting. Forever.
"
Hilldrake wrote:
Since they just said that a well rolled/crafted character can still reach 15k~ish ES, I'm fine with that. But I'm a bit sad that no buffs/changes were made to Life =( I was expecting some changes to how Life works/sustains itself. But well, I'll have to wait for the beta to see it =)

If u are CI, but even then i can hardly imagine 15k es without massive (bolded that, should bold couple more times) currency investment.

people that managed to reach 10k es on howa ci are super lucky, im interested to see how will that same howa work with 6k es after nerf
Last edited by IceLancerSR on May 17, 2017, 9:02:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info