Damage Over Time Changes - Part 1

"
a new keystone

Yes yes yes yes yes
TLDR for those in a hurry. Highlighted the main points.

"
Skills will calculate their Ignite, Poison or Bleed values as a separate damage value, taken straight from the base and added damage of the skill.

Poison, Bleed and Ignite damage values will be based on the base damage of the skill, and then affected by appropriate damage modifiers. Some damage modifiers will affect both the hit and the Ignite, Poison or Bleed, while some may only affect one.

"
As an example, Ignite can be modified by modifiers to Burning Damage, Fire Damage, Damage Over Time, general damage modifiers, and resistances. This means that Increased Spell, Attack, or Weapon Damage will no longer influence your Ignite, Poison or Bleed damage at all.

...since the Ignite’s base damage is the same as the hit’s, rather than being the damage the enemy took from the hit, there is no cumulative effect...

"
To compensate for the loss of damage from the removal of "double dipping", the damage of player Ignites, Poisons, and Bleeding have been doubled. Increases to these effects on the passive tree have been boosted as well, and additional Poison and Bleeding bonuses have been added to some weapon clusters, on top of their existing stats.

"
Bleeding is also being changed for players so that it does more damage while the target is stationary, making it a more versatile source of damage.

The ratio will remain unchanged for Bleeding caused by monsters, so will still be able to stand still to mitigate the majority of monster Bleeding damage

"
We intend that if you take Poison or Bleed bonuses in the passive tree and equip items with powerful new ailment damage increases, it will be a reliable way to boost your damage on high health or mobile targets.

"
The goal for Ignite is to have it be a far more reliable ailment for Fire Damage characters without heavy investment resistance reduction and double dipping mechanics, while still allowing for a focussed[sic] Ignite damage build.

"
We're going to be changing a few existing support gems. An example of this is the Increased Burning Damage Support, which will now grant a multiplicative bonus.
Last edited by riverwithin on Apr 26, 2017, 9:53:53 PM
so i guess the new skill gems they're making for 3.0 are all going to be based around poison,bleed, and igniting....oh well.
"
Increased Burning Damage Support, which will now grant a multiplicative bonus

inb4 this interaction with righteous fire, as well as the implied buffs to DoT nodes, make RF the new OP meta
Finaly :)
Hf :)
burning damage is a multiplier...? RIGHTEOUS FIRE IS GREAT ONCE MORE!
"
Deadseeds wrote:
"
Increased Burning Damage Support, which will now grant a multiplicative bonus

inb4 this interaction with righteous fire, as well as the implied buffs to DoT nodes, make RF the new OP meta

Yea how is this going to work with RF is the question

The changes in Burning damage is mostly related to skills that hit...

But RF dealt doesnt have anything to do with base damage of ignite since it burns % of your health doesn't it?
Or am I mistaken and is the base burning damage that RF will deal in 3.0 is lowered

If not, RF is kinda already strong enough and the game just added tons of more burning damage
I just wanted to say, this is a long time coming and this change took way too long. I just hope they don't nerf it into the ground like they have done with things in the past (RIP SPORK ;( )
Awesome!
Looking forward to the changes, all the changes. I am not going to be to judgmental about this post because I have not seen the future post of changes your making. I assume everything will tie in well once we get the grand plan of all the changes.

I really got tired of the character creation check list ....

1) does it double dip?
2) is it energy shield?
3) can I afford the items for this build?

So you got one item on the list fixed and now I can broaden my range of skills to pick from, now you need to make #2 on the list a little less powerful then life, or buff life. Then I wont be stuck playing a double dipping energy shield meta.

Maybe I can pick up anything armour/evasion based and ID it now and not pass it thinking (its not ES).

good work GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info