Damage Over Time Changes - Part 1

Maybe in 3.0 you guys gonna get into the PvP Tournaments more seriously so we can make it to the e-Sports scene.
Double dipping?
We nerfed it to hell...and then we doubled it!
Nerfing start to gets a way too much recently.
Is it now a MMORPG kind of flu or something ?!

With the ginormous decrease of players which is playing online in all MMO's generally - it's not the best choice I believe for a team to focus into nerfing instead of boosting players skills and possibilities.

It's just my 2 cents.

( my 2 cents usually is worth a treasure chest ;) ).
With the "1h 6L wipe" the PoE turns to a joke now.
There is no sane reason for one to play it any further.
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Apr 27, 2017, 3:30:44 AM
The change seems fine to my personal playstyle.

The only thing that still pisses me off so much is AoE...
Why didnt you thought about Curses as Auras? My fucking melee is hitting wider than the Radius is! How am I going to leech if they die before entering the Area of Effect?
You fucked up so many skills for a few broken one with a lousy not even mentionable compensation. Things like RF you buffed AoE through the roof, while other skills landed in the trash bin!

GGG let this sink inside your head! And then think again what you fucking promise to your community!!!

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
Nerfing start to gets a way too much recently.
Is it now a MMORPG kind of flu or something ?!

With the ginormous decrease of players which is playing online - it's not the best choice I believe for a team to focus into nerfing instead of boosting players skills and possibilities.

It's just my 2 cents.

( my 2 cents usually is worth a treasure chest ;) ).
if goal is to achieve balance, both nerfs and buffs are equally good. its just much easier to cut down outliers than otherwise.

if the goal is to appease players insatiable appetite for MOAR stuff, well...then always buffing and never nerfing is the 'right way'. but at some point, that bubble is bursting. hard. and with a splash. kinda like a condom when you're actively using it.
"
xX999Xx wrote:
The change seems fine to my personal playstyle.

The only thing that still pisses me off so much is AoE...
Why didnt you thought about Curses as Auras? My fucking melee is hitting wider than the Radius is! How am I going to leech if they die before entering the Area of Effect?
You fucked up so many skills for a few broken one with a lousy not even mentionable compensation. Things like RF you buffed AoE through the roof, while other skills landed in the trash bin!

GGG let this sink inside your head! And then think again what you fucking promise to your community!!!

the right graph is exactly what they promised. so, working as intended.

nowhere did they say that low amount of increased aoe with the new changes would have overall MORE benefit than the old values at same increased %. which is what you have for the first 6 squares or so (whatever the scale is)
Sounds interesting.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
grepman wrote:

nowhere did they say that low amount of increased aoe with the new changes would have overall MORE benefit than the old values at same increased %. which is what you have for the first 6 squares or so (whatever the scale is)

They SAID exactly that, it WILL not affect players that do not HEAVILY invest into AoE!
Look at almost all skills baseline AoE without any invest into AoE they are TRASH, and Skills that got no love (AoE per level) they are COMPLETELY GUTTED

THIS IS EXACTLY what Chris Wilson said in an interview...
Last edited by xX999Xx on Apr 27, 2017, 3:43:52 AM
"
xX999Xx wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

They SAID exactly that, it WILL not affect players that do not HEAVILY invest into AoE!
Look at almost all skills baseline AoE without any invest into AoE they are TRASH, and Skills that got no love (AoE per level) they are COMPLETELY GUTTED

THIS IS EXACTLY what Chris Wilson said in an interview...

this doesnt contradict what I said. your graph on the left has MORE benefit after than before with a low aoe increase before f(g)=f(r) @ x=6. this contradicts, however, GGG's statement. nowhere have they said that new AOE people who dont invest much aoe will have MORE benefit.

according to graph on the left, GGG 'promised' doubled effective AoE if investment of increases is low enough... @x=3 your f(r) is TWICE that of f(g) assuming linear uniform scale. nowhere did they say that at low increase levels you'd get twice aoe. stop this madness. f(r) from their promises would always be strictly lower than f(g). that graph is trash, sorry bro.

also I couldnt care less if you take me seriously or not; but Ill say this, if you are of an opinion that nerfs are inferior compared to buffs, because they are nerfs...remind me to not take you seriously when talking about balance, ok thx.

Uhhh.

I have a feeling this will not end as well as people seems to think it will.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info