Damage Over Time Changes - Part 1

G8... and when do you plan to reverse your catastrophic aoe "changes"?

Also, when you guy implemented DoT (other then burning dmg) i expected to have to sacrifice initial hit dmg for the cost of DoT which in return would deal a lot more dmg but over time making it a better dps source but with the downside of letting the enemy live longer ergo taking risk for the reward of getting more dps out of your skill...

But thats not rly what we got with DoT right?! I still don't understand why you didn't do it that way.
You guys seem to rly have a problem with balancing things, you either completely gut something or over scale it...

With voidheart i had a EQ character that hit an entire screen caused bleed and poison and dealt insane dps! now we are riding the "fuck AoE" train and my blade vortex is tiny as hell...
But my 5mill dps poison EK reaches out of my screen... Where is the balance in that now?!
Also, you keep implementing one broken flaks after another, you nerfed pyre which was already a worthless trash item only used for niche builds that now aren't working anymore...

Every time you guys change something you reduce the joy i get out of this game as well as the time i spend playing it significantly!
You better don't ruin ED for me! Then i rly wouldn't have any build left that i enjoy!

Well, GL with the upcoming weeks/months and the release of the expansion.
I can't wait to see what you ruined for me now. ;P
@Rory

"
In the Beta for The Fall of Oriath, we're going to be trying out a new damage over time system. Skills will calculate their Ignite, Poison or Bleed values as a separate damage value, taken straight from the base and added damage of the skill

What does this mean exactly.

How much damage will the flameblast ignite deal if the main attacks deals 10.000 dmg?
1) What is "straight from the base"? The flameblast itself i guess (10k dmg)?!
2) What means "and added damage of the skill"?

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
JavaMaster wrote:
Can anyone summarize pls?
dots are now not % of hit, but rather flat value somehow derived from base damage of skill. think how ED or vortex have built-in dots, thats how its going to be.
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
Rory wrote:

To compensate for the loss of damage from the removal of "double dipping", the damage of player Ignites, Poisons, and Bleeding have been doubled. Increases to these effects on the passive tree have been boosted as well, and additional Poison and Bleeding bonuses have been added to some weapon clusters, on top of their existing stats.

Just WHY?

You finally removal that abuse affiction and after all want to 'compensate' that?

exactly. it will be still same for no ailments builds like ice/frost something without conversion to DoT mechanics. especialy against bosses.
Finally!

I think we can all agree it was due. The level of power you got from double dipping vs. non-double dipping builds were severely screwed. So changes were needed.

"
Rory wrote:
Firstly, builds that didn't use Poison or Ignite required significantly more investment to reach the same damage values, and we'd like to level the playing field to bring more builds to a closer power level and progression.

As usual, this was (maybe?) done by nerfing/changing the double dipping mechanic down to the power level of non-double dipping build. While I am not against nerfing it, as it was arguably OP, I am a little bit curious towards the power level of "regular" melee builds not using double dipping. I was under the impression that we could see some buffs to these builds in 3.0, but how much can they do, when these new double dipping changes are based on the numbers we already have?

Is this your way of saying "the power level of (melee) builds not using double dipping is at a good state"?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 27, 2017, 3:08:16 AM
So we're fixing some abuse but then we ... compensate
because fak logic
Yet Still, Caustic arrow is underpowered. Damage over time changes, not enough changes :V
Make Wraeclast great again! <3
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
"
VikingWizard wrote:
Question, will minion builds once again dissappear into total obscurity now that they wont be getting any real damage ? I sure hope minions get reworked a bit so I can still make an OP build if I wish to make heavy investment. Also how will you keep The Scourge claw at all relevant assuming minion damage doesn't double dip anymore ? Since it's a rare guardian drop it shouldn't be a weapon just for a gimicky minions + own damage build right ? (since that is by definition inefficient)

they posted a thread on minion buffs with an excel sheet that had numbers. looks tasty.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
hmm, why wouldnt u rather buff non double dipping builds? freeze and shock are still useless on bosses, why not fix that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info