Damage Over Time Changes - Part 1

How will this work for Viper Strike?

poison will be doing 16% damage every second for 8 seconds (=128%) as base???

i really hope that you change the skill to do far less dmg per ATTACK and a decent damage with damage over time.
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
Ping peaks OP
PLEASE NERF
I figured that GGG didn't know about the double dipping as this is their first game. lol

Maybe now that they know about it and are changing it, they could give us some of the stats in our tool tips, e.g. % to cause bleed, poison or ignite and "overtime" increased damage or at least percentage.

I was greatly disappointed to read that Chris, personally, was against the changes to the Party drop system from FFA to the universally accepted useage of PA because with the gross RNG current system this would allow the players with the greatest finger dexterity to pick and choose and effectively override the game rarity system by up to 5x whenever they were in a party. Maybe GGG did a demographic and found that these were the guys who paid the most money to play this game (lol).

Also, I was greatly disappointed to hear that the Self Found System will be supporting the equivalent of Professional Guilds as partying members, which is in no way, shape or form, self found.

Even though this is supposedly a free game, it is hard to swallow when changes appear to favor those few money supporters like the forum system. I pay my little bit to support these guys and I urge the rest of the community to do the same while at the same time I urge GGG to be fairer to all of us. I believe a lot has occurred in this direction as their useage stats are up and more of the game is available to the regular Joe.

Thanks GGG for a great game.

Regards,
iaai0110
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Finaly, it happened.
"
Rory wrote:
An example of this is the Increased Burning Damage Support, which will now grant a multiplicative bonus.

Potentially best support gem for Scorching Ray in 3.0.0 :)
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
"
Rory wrote:
Reply to this forum post with any questions you have about damage over time mechanics or design, we'll be answering them in a third post in this series.

So about the functionality of DoTs and conditional damage modifiers. As an example, the damage bonus from Hypothermia cannot currently affect DoTs directly. As far as I know this is due to a technical limitation, but will that be addressed with this slew of changes to the system?
same name in-game
Great effort in making the gameplay more interesting.

However, please do a load test to this calculation along with other complex math in the gameplay. Often a huge spawn of mobs from Strongbox causes lag. (Huge lag to several losses of 10%).

In MMORPG, there's ain't time for load balancing to short spikes if the CPU/vCPU doesn't support.

Hopeful that this thought is also practical and not a foot shooter.

Cheers!
"
Deathrakhi wrote:
"
Builds that didn't use Poison or Ignite required significantly more investment to reach the same damage values.

So they are basically nerfing the builds cause they deal more DMG than other builds instead of buffing other DMG types. WTF logic.

I know right, that was my first thought, and still thinking it, LOL.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Rory wrote:
The goal for Poison and Bleeding is to create an additional mechanic that can be invested in as an optional way to boost your damage with a damage over time component.

question on the wording:
- are you intending to turn bleeding/poison into an additional mechanic, as in secondary, or useful add on - or additional mechanic as in another main type of damage that can be specialized in to be the players primary damage?

well performing builds usually go all-in on one damage type, because any additional mechanic is useless once reaching maps where monsters have more life and resistance mods and thereby negate small scale additional damage.

please make the additional mechanic less complicated than double dipping was.
Last edited by PopeJo on Apr 27, 2017, 1:35:03 AM
So if I understand correctly, they will make the DOT portion scale based on the base damage+added damage of the initial hit, that means DOT will scale with the total flat damage before any modifier and then both of them calculate damage modifiers separately after for the final damage.

-Before change: modifiers like Fire,Projectiles,Area damage... affect both hit and DOT , since DOT scaled from the hit, it gets 2 times the effect,
-After change: modifiers like Fire,Projectiles,Area damage... affect both hit and DOT, but the DOT will not scale with the final hit damage anymore it will only get 1 time the effect.

Is that correct? also how about Critical modifier ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info