2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

No mentions about Corpse explode, if the area of effect passives are nerfed, why there is not at least some minor compensation?
EQ dead then, you simply aren't allowed to play melee .Marauder character should be changed to totem only caster.
This change is probably for Xbone and low spec pc.
Limiting maximum AoE = Less required spec/more controlled performance.
instead of fun of freeeeeeeeeedom.
"
my wife left me

be glad....IT'S A BUFF!!
"
tntkiller wrote:
"
my wife left me

be glad....IT'S A BUFF!!

Heh, good one..
I can understand why they nerfed Vaal Reave, but why kill normal Reave? The problem is not VR now, but clear-speed meta, making all Vaal gems limits (souls) obsolete...
Well, guess we have to wait till 1st for patch notes...
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
h4llowerner wrote:
If you dont adjust cyclone to these AoE "nerfs" Im not supporting you anymore. I really dont understand why you would nerf a solid melee skill. It was already hard to play with a decent clear speed while investing A TON into AoE nodes not to mention if the map has less AoE effects on the char.

Cyclone is a bit special, you can't expect it to have the same coverage as, say, Sweep because it has other advantages. Also, it recently got a buff when they boosted weapon range, very few other melee skills profited from that so it's possible it ended a bit bigger than intended, compared to the rest.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Sweet, great information.

Edit- Soo i fully looked over it now and it seems that there are quite alot of heavy nerfs to area for melee. That really doesnt make sense in the long run especially with Ranged.

Melee splashes "buff" is soo minuscule that it isnt even funny, most people werent running Area of Effect gems either, but people who did now have been massively nerfed.

The one saving grace of some melee skills were their reach, but now it seems melee skills have been hit far harder than spells and ranged skills in terms of the area nerfs.

Soo basically, Ranged/Spell > Melee still, Area of Effect globally nerfed in most cases and melee hit harder than Ranged/Spells in the long run in terms of Area of Effect nerfs.

EDIT 2 - The even bigger question now is, does 15-20% Less Area of Effect modifiers still exist in 2.6 ? They were already huge, i mean HUGE nerfs to melee when it was introduced. If Less Area of Effect still exists its going to make playing melee skills even more miserable because youll need the Area of Effect gem and nodes.

Lol are you actually serious.
So, Reave is dead with these changes. It is even more dead as it was before.
Cleave range and melee splash range are very similar to 4 stack reave.
I still not underestand how this new verison works. So now some non support skill gems give AOE per level??
So is the 2.6 league going to be alpha testing league for how AoE changes effect the game, before 3.0? The manifesto seems to be so incomplete as for effects on many AoE skill gems and mechanics, that it seems to me GGG don't really know.

Being a casual player, using melee build as a starter build seems not to make any sense at all until other players figure out what actually happened out there. At that point of time we cannot really talk about league start anymore I guess ;). There is no information about other typical league starter - flameblast, so again, I am not sure I am going to invest my time into something that may turn out unviable hitting mid-tier maps.

I guess I will try some projectile skills as started in 2.6.
I know it's not true, but it could be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info