2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

Dislike the "ping pong" misbalance. You are not improving the game balance in this manner. May be intentional though.
The general idea/explanation of the AoE nerf is good. But why the multiplicative nerfs without nerfing the competition as well?

"
Rory wrote:

[li]All of the increases to Trap Trigger Radius and Mine Detonation Radius have also been changed to Area. As a result all of these values have been doubled on the passive tree.[/li]

This I find to be the most questionable nerf. Many people already avoided relying on trap trigger radius and used Saboteur or Sunblast. So this results in stronger hiding of a base game mechanic behind Ascendancy, Unique and a specific notable. Base game mechanics should be more freely available.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
That's Cleavers life for me in 2.6.0 by the looks of it. RIP Reave, never had a chance to try it out in full potential and by the looks of it I will never will.
3.14 - Removed Harvest from the game.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
well, rip vaal reave lol

"
grepman wrote:
the amount of hysteria regarding aoe reduction of reave is hilarious
oh noes you wont be able to literally offscreen shit with a [melee!] skill.

the obsession with aoe reminds me why this game regressed to the state it is now.

pretty much :D

how the fuck did reave get away with that for so long? Oh I held down the button and the entire fucking screen died, then I whirled twice and nuked the next screen 2 seconds later... err..... lol?

I mean, vaal reave is literally useless now. Tbh now that reave has a somewhat sane radius again and you cant just nuke the entire screen it could really do with a damage boost though. The low damage was fine because you could hit like 4x as many mobs as any comparable melee skill but if its to join the ranks of the normal skills its gonna need some normal damage I feel. I guess I can add spec throw back into the links now we wont be needing vaal reave, so I guess thats a thing.

flurry radius up, reave radius down, thats called balancing the actual game and not the general opinions imo, I cant hate on that.
the nerf on reave is pretty huge tho, even Ill admit that. bf was already too good, its damage nerf better to make up for that, because I dont know why one would use reave over bf at this point.

I think somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 (closer to 3/4th) of shown nerf would be enough
wtf? f this game, i'm done with it. All casual friendly builds got nerfed.

Wonder how much this will affect Cyclone and Warchief.
GGG challenges their own business model of selling Stash Tabs by slowing player clear-speed. -jkjk

In general I think the changes were well intended, while reave looks like it got shafted a bit too hard.

Last edited by darkernectron on Feb 27, 2017, 3:44:38 AM
as i see, its a nerf to aoe, they said they wanna improve the aoe to make the old shit skills useful again, but they just nerf to the ground some skill like reave:D:D
"
"
Rory wrote:
Extreme min-max AoE builds are nerfed by these changes. Builds that didn't go all-in on AoE are generally helped somewhat.

So you state: While giving examples of skills that only use Increased AoE support gem, yet wind up with smaller radius (like your melee splash example)
Even if you don't stack AoE, you win up with less now, so thanks. I'll be sure to appreciate the buff i got when my support gem doesn't go as far as it used to, despite me grabbing no AoE from tree. Really nice.

Pretty much this in a nutshell. Even with small/medium investment you are not coming out on the winning side. Not against the current baseline.

#overkill
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Ashriel wrote:
Seems like an awful lot of work to barely change anything.

ggg's path of exile "development" policies in a nutshell
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
edit: nevermind, I get it now
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Feb 27, 2017, 4:06:36 AM
I dont think these changes were needed.. like at all..

GGG remeber rule no.1 - dont fix what is not broken - u simply create more issues than u fix

I dont play melee atm (I jumped on (v)spark train) but i was b4 and i think melee should get a significant buff to compete with spells and ranged builds. What u did here is the oposite. I dont understand it.
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info