2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

So ... Blade Flurry still op.
Reave gets even worse :D

Nice balance. gg
"
Rory wrote:

Am I missing something or RF radius got a HUGE buff with just lvl20 inc AoE support gem and one AoE cluster (according to the 1st image)?
So why do people cry that GGG nerfed RF?
Aoe is what make some skills fun, I don't like those changes. :/
Last edited by maczor on Feb 27, 2017, 5:05:43 AM
So, what I got from the images and numbers is the following:

- Anything that used only 1 AoE cluster will end up with a higher radius (yay, melee splash without gem ftw!).
- Anything that used 1 AoE cluster and AoE gem will be buffed/nerfed depending on the changes to the actual skill radius. Skills that received increases like Righteous Fire got a huge buff, whereas skills like Earthquake were slightly nerfed.
- Anything that used more than 1 AoE cluster and/or the AoE gem will end up with a smaller radius.

Seems fair.

The people complaining about melee being nerfed probably don't know how to do math or didn't draw the correct conclusions from the images. But GGG made a huge mistake releasing melee splash comparison without an "with 1 AoE cluster and no AoE gem" option, it's their fault everyone is confused.
I wish they would have not changed anything related to AOE it works just fine right now.

Instead of making these huge changes to Passive tree, skills, gems, monsters, levels etc. etc.
they should have used that time on speeding 3.0 launch

Please dont try to fix something that is not broken
Can GGG make an AOE calculator ?
Cause mechanics are really vague, and it should be really simple to do.

If i understand well firt nodes / sources of increased area are more effective and its decreased to be less effective in total.

And when i see your schemas, i imagine that support gem "Increased Area of effect" its less effective than before cause it's give a lot of AOE.

But a melee splash with a +8 increased AOE node will be more effective than before ?

it seem to look like this :

So i think it's pretty cool in general, cause you have a better cover with less
investment. That mean for me : no need to focus to much on AOE anymore.

awsome!
"
HordeLeader wrote:
"
Rory wrote:

Am I missing something or RF radius got a HUGE buff with just lvl20 inc AoE support gem and one AoE cluster (according to the 1st image)?
So why do people cry that GGG nerfed RF?

The main nerf to RF comes from the removal of the extra ES given by Vaal Discipline. Since it's the main source of extra DPS for boss kills in a RF build, it is definitely nerfed a lot compared to before.
As long as Warchief remins same, I am going for it!
What about Ice Crash? Im waiting for the "buff"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info