[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
bashtart wrote:
"
andyy714 wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:

Atm I am playing my Holy Flame Totem Chieftain league starter with divine ire... also called the offscreen clearing boss deleting kame-hame-ha totem Chieftain. The single target dps is so insane that I think if you couldn’t use them for this build too. Can some test for following 4-link setup:
Divine Ire + Spell Totem + Multiple Totem + Elemental Focus / Phy. To Lightning
Maybe in a item which gives additional links like cast speed in gloves. I really feels this could be pretty sick for this build but atm I don’t have a Sparker which is up to date.

bash

I'm trying it right now all gems 20% quality but my gems are only ~10-15 lvl. They feel pretty good with 20 quality totem gems but we'll see how the dmg is when I'm nearing max gem lvls

Acc. to PoB: Phy. To Lightning should give a lot moee dps then ele focus and maybe with the big hits we will be able to shock high life bosses. Oh yeah and an essence of insanity crafted helmet should be the best option to socket the gems in.

Keep us updated :)

Sounds cool, I'm definitely interested in this too! Would love to hear how it goes :)

I'm not having any problems with bosses though as it is, with just a 5 link Spark, though I am over-leveled for my progress in mapping so far. So that's probably why they're easy. I sometimes don't realize there's a boss there and then I get the notice map bonus objective completed.

I also am suffering from a bug with Interventions this league where my framerate simply disappears for about 10 seconds or so and I can't see what's happening. Many people are reporting dying during these encounters but I just hold down my Spark button and hit my potion buttons then when the framerate returns to normal everything around me is just wiped out ha ha :D
The new passives aren't the same as the ones in the updated PoB. Which one should we follow for this build now?

I have a question as well though, would you place a Vaal Righteous Fire gem somewhere with the sole purpose of using it in the bossfights? Bossfights seem to be quite difficult for this build?

Old player here from the start, but it's been a while since I started following builds.

EDIT : I see the jewels that add 2 spark are removed. What is the reason for this? 2 spark extra is a 33% dmg boost no?
Last edited by Dodgy242 on Mar 19, 2019, 6:24:05 AM
"
bashtart wrote:

You guys are funny... I really think you just don’t know how much work it is to keep all the guides up to date i made but I will just not update so many next saison. I plan to start a Sparker in the next days ... probably on the weekend and will then soon update the gear with correct links etc.

I understand, but maybe just erasing the stuff that isn't valid anymore would be a great help. We can't see the forest through the trees anymore. :)

In the new passive tree for example there are just two ascendancy passives filled in. Is the original ascendancy setup still good now? Stuff like that is confusing.

That said, thank you for the great build though! Me like.
First of all, nice build. This is my second league and I took this as starter build, but did some testing... was doing storm brand as added dmg during leveling and it worked fine. At lvl 88 now and need to get some gear tweaked but so far I'm at mapping lvl 10 and having a blast. Once you get your hands on Inpulsa and amulet (I got those two for 6.5ex) you can really get the farming on the road.

One thing to mention... What you forgot to write under cons...

You main enemy is the environment and game engine!

1. Shield bash has problems with pathfinding so you get stuck - you bash into spike that is on the ground and cannot move further and need to set in special direction to avoid obstacle... Keep in mind to avoid getting killed
2. Sparks will not fly if you stand next to static object like box or sarcophagus (try standing on the corner and fire... no sparks anywhere) - this can get you killed in high density when you cannot see that you produce no spells.
3. Game engine treats bridge over river, narrow rock path over chasm and similar paths as tunnel (sparks travel only in direction of said path, will not spread although there is no reason not to). Similar stuff happens when you have multi altitude area (one part is elevated by few stairs)... sparks will travel only through those few stairs connecting the areas but in reality they should flow in all direction.

Keep those 3 things in mind and you'll save your self a lot of nerves.
Guys how to generate power charges on spark temp ?
Well i playing PoE first time in my life since maybe one week and use your build bash, this is amazing, to T5 map without full of budget gear no problem with something, usually die cuz of me (forgot to avoid the big boss attack or maybe dont know how the bosses work- need to learn ) soo my spark gem is max now, need to find superior because vaal spark can't be quantity because he is corrupted right ?
Oh, and please update your current gear on the build... since you made changes to 3.6 variant of build and switched to ES (mind over matter, Eldritch, pious path ascendancy etc.) your gear doesn't match the build-

Would like to see what are you using at this time (if you are playing this in 3.6).
Hi Bashtart,

Thanks a lot for the build and the time you put into it!

Simple question on my side, I followed the switch to MoM + Eldritch which led to the removal of mana as a ressource, but to make it work you need Energy shield leech (I tried with 0 leech and it did not work :))

You seem to be using the gem for this. I do not have a 5 or 6 links yet, so I was wondering why you did not take the "Ethereal Feast" nodes in the passive tree. Are they overkill with the gem? Or would they be nice in addition to it?
@Wloczykij95 Use gloves with 2 skills - mana leech and faster cast to make up for the 6 link armor, then you can go for another armor. For long time I used 5L armor and dropped one skill gem until I got gloves and Inpulsa... U can also go for Purity of elements gem to supplement your elemental res until you have better gear.
Last edited by Alhanna on Mar 19, 2019, 9:39:41 AM
Thanks for the build.

Haven't played spark build for quite a while.

I modified your version a bit to suit my playstyle and not to make it so expensive.

have 69% attack dodge, 40% spell dodge with flasks up, along with over 5k life, 2k mana and MoM which makes me quite tanky and rarely i do get hit with non-spell attacks.

I don't like a build being so restricted to so many uniques, and tbh, that's a flaw in my eyes. For example, choir of storms is quite expensive and gives only slightly higher damage than my rare one but i lose over 80 life and 50 mana. same with chernobog's shield which, imho, is such a waste of damage you might get from a rare shield with spell damage, spell crit and cast speed along with life and resists.

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info