[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
Flypython wrote:
Ah OK thanks Bash will follow that advice :)

Does the spell echo not working apply to the normal version Spark supplied by the Vaal gem as well or just the Vaal version?

Yes it does work with the normal version of the skill (in the Vaal gem) and it's very easy to test. =)

So I suggest to keep Spell Echo at least for the time being. The uptime of the Vaal version of the skills shouldn't warrant dropping it in the link chain imho.
"
Bizze79 wrote:
"
Flypython wrote:
Ah OK thanks Bash will follow that advice :)

Does the spell echo not working apply to the normal version Spark supplied by the Vaal gem as well or just the Vaal version?

Yes it does work with the normal version of the skill (in the Vaal gem) and it's very easy to test. =)

So I suggest to keep Spell Echo at least for the time being. The uptime of the Vaal version of the skills shouldn't warrant dropping it in the link chain imho.

Yeah from that point of view it makes sense to keep spell echo because it is really powerful.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Should we be running Call of the brotherhood?

Also in your video you say we should be using soul of Solaris but in the guide it says Arakaali oris Arakaali more for late game?
Ahh, okay, I get why people are confused.

To summarize for anyone confused between 3.2 and 3.3 version of Bash's version of spark:

In 3.2, it seems that he went Call of the Brotherhood + Herald of Ice and went crit based. This is also why you see Increased Crit gem attached to spark in the 3.2 version of the build. Overall, the build appears to be very heavily crit-focused on spark specifically to get those juicy freezes + herald explosions and synergize strongly with crit pen from Inquisitor ascendancy.

If you look at the 3.3 build, however, it is clear that Bash is foregoing crit on spark in favor of other things. There is no longer Increased Crit on the spark gem, and no call of the brotherhood / Herald of Ice. He foregoes Pious Path for Instruments of Virtue in this case as well. To compensate for the loss of mana sustain from Pious Path, he takes mana leech on his gloves in addition to faster casting.

Overall, it looks like the primary difference between his 3.2 and 3.3 builds is that 3.2 was heavily crit based, but his 3.3 build isn't heavily crit based and instead prioritized QoL things like greater cast attack and cast speed (via instruments of virtue and added faster casting glove link).

It will be interesting to see how overall damage differs with the 3.2 to 3.3 build changes. I personally can't forego Pious Path for instruments of virtue because both of my CI and low-life variants of the build require it for survivability...but I can see how instruments of virtue + faster casting link would feel really nice in general.

These changes could be interesting since Crit isnt super-necessary on Spark for map clearing and is only super necessary on BV for boss killing. I don't think I'd be willing to play without the satisfying shatter from Herald of Ice off of sparks, but this is definitely something interesting to consider.

For players trying to follow the guide:

Imo, you choose one of the following:

1) Call of the Brotherhood + Herald of Ice + Crit on Spark

- This turns spark into a freezing skill and utilizes high spark crit rate to shatter stuff

OR

2) NO call of the brotherhood + Herald of Thunder + Faster Casting / Mana Leech on gloves

- This does not utilize the freezing mechanic and instead focuses on buffing raw spark damage
Last edited by TheRealTuna on Jun 5, 2018, 1:40:10 PM
@realtuna
Thanks for summarizing. Helped me a lot. Any recommendations which version is better for party playing? :)
maybe it's harder to reach the freeze threshold?
I don't know a thing about party play so can't really help ya there.

Overall, I doubt it would matter much at all since it's easy enough to steamroll through stuff solo...can't really imagine a big difference between the two builds in the big party.

Realistically, choosing between the two builds means choosing between the satisfaction of Shatter / Herald of Ice vs. the satisfaction of faster attack / move / cast speed which means faster shield charging and faster sparking.

Do you wanna see things explode in icy goodness or do you want to be overall faster and more crisp? Icy goodness = 3.2 version, faster and more crisp = 3.3 version.

I guess if I HAD to choose one or the other, I'd say 3.3 is probably a bit better for party play because the increased speed of the build would probably help you keep up better with your party, but again, doubt it would much matter in the end.
"
Zackz wrote:
Has anyone tried to use arc instead of spark?

i leveled with arc, then arc totem and later specced out of it and simply leveled with 3 herold blade vortex which was smoother.

At any time while leveling arc just seemed better than spark(and you don't need pierce gem).
So iam really considering using vaal arc instead of spark - no offscreen kills but no single mobs left alive either.

Yeah arc seems to be pretty strong and should work as a perfect substitute for spark. Maybe I will add a arc version to the build... would be a funny name "Bastart'sspARC Inquisitor" :)

"
SinoDaS wrote:
Hello i like your build very mutch so far so good. My profile is public can u check it and tell me what passive tree should i aim now and what gear item should i change as fast as i can?

I think you doin good... I guess just improve piece by piece and farm levels and gear :) I guess I would go for an Impulsa next and maybe an Atziri's Promise.

"
Coolfirren wrote:
Should we be running Call of the brotherhood?

Also in your video you say we should be using soul of Solaris but in the guide it says Arakaali oris Arakaali more for late game?

Call of the brotherhood: I think with Impulsa it is not really necessary but if you want to use The Perfect Form I would go for Cotb and Herald of Ice for clear speed.

In general I would go with soul of solaris to avoid oneshots and for map modes which reduce life recovery I would go with Arakaali.

"
TheRealTuna wrote:
Ahh, okay, I get why people are confused.

To summarize for anyone confused between 3.2 and 3.3 version of Bash's version of spark:

In 3.2, it seems that he went Call of the Brotherhood + Herald of Ice and went crit based. This is also why you see Increased Crit gem attached to spark in the 3.2 version of the build. Overall, the build appears to be very heavily crit-focused on spark specifically to get those juicy freezes + herald explosions and synergize strongly with crit pen from Inquisitor ascendancy.

If you look at the 3.3 build, however, it is clear that Bash is foregoing crit on spark in favor of other things. There is no longer Increased Crit on the spark gem, and no call of the brotherhood / Herald of Ice. He foregoes Pious Path for Instruments of Virtue in this case as well. To compensate for the loss of mana sustain from Pious Path, he takes mana leech on his gloves in addition to faster casting.

Overall, it looks like the primary difference between his 3.2 and 3.3 builds is that 3.2 was heavily crit based, but his 3.3 build isn't heavily crit based and instead prioritized QoL things like greater cast attack and cast speed (via instruments of virtue and added faster casting glove link).

It will be interesting to see how overall damage differs with the 3.2 to 3.3 build changes. I personally can't forego Pious Path for instruments of virtue because both of my CI and low-life variants of the build require it for survivability...but I can see how instruments of virtue + faster casting link would feel really nice in general.

These changes could be interesting since Crit isnt super-necessary on Spark for map clearing and is only super necessary on BV for boss killing. I don't think I'd be willing to play without the satisfying shatter from Herald of Ice off of sparks, but this is definitely something interesting to consider.

For players trying to follow the guide:

Imo, you choose one of the following:

1) Call of the Brotherhood + Herald of Ice + Crit on Spark

- This turns spark into a freezing skill and utilizes high spark crit rate to shatter stuff

OR

2) NO call of the brotherhood + Herald of Thunder + Faster Casting / Mana Leech on gloves

- This does not utilize the freezing mechanic and instead focuses on buffing raw spark damage

Thanks you for helping the other players I really appriciate it!

I tried to improve in the new version for 3.3 to improve the clear speed & the defense of the build and the best way to do it was to get Instruments of Virtue. In order to don't lose to much survivability I decided to get the dodge nodes (Acrobatics & Phase Acrobatics) which have great synergies with Mind Over Matter. I tested a lot and from my feeling it was not necessary to use Cotb while using Impulsa's Broken Heart.
The free ring slot I used for a ring with life on hit with spells to increase the sustain and survivability. I also dropped Windscream because i felt it was not necessary because the enfeeble on hit (Chernobog's Pillar) and warlord's mark in the cwdt works pretty good with only 1 curse.

Both version work pretty good but I just think the new one is better ... faster clearspeed and better survivability. I have to test how the vaal rework will effect the build but I can say the vaal skills (Spark & Blade Vortex) improve it alot!!!!
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jun 5, 2018, 3:10:17 PM

My gear atm, going well I got a Cotb drop so I've been using it until I can grab some faster casting gloves/leech and a choir, and have to upgrade my neck after getting inpulsa
Ah thanks for the tip on Spell Echo Bash, I've swapped it in and yeah my Spark setup really shreds now :)

So just to be clear guys - the freezing/herald of ice setup is now no longer the preferred way? I would be better with herald of thunder with the new build passives?
"
Flypython wrote:
Ah thanks for the tip on Spell Echo Bash, I've swapped it in and yeah my Spark setup really shreds now :)

So just to be clear guys - the freezing/herald of ice setup is now no longer the preferred way? I would be better with herald of thunder with the new build passives?

Look both setups work just fine... one the previous page I explained in detail why I changed it. In short... with Inpulsa you dont need the clear speed of cotb&HoI ... so I decided to got with HoT. cotb is still a very good ring and the 3.2 version of this build is still viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info