[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Oh yeah and thanks for the Faster Casting advice Bash ;)

Why that instead of Spell Echo? Is it due to 3.3 balance change or are you just finding it works better anyway? Is it better for both leveling and end-game do you think?
Finaly got Inpulsa today and im tearing though maps and temples, really like the build, exept i hate BladeVortex :D i love the vaal version since you just get a 10 blade instant tornado. but not being able to insta do good single target dmg is abit anoying, the charge up anoys me also that you have to keep charging :)

But thank you ever much for the build, really enjoying it :)
"
Flypython wrote:
Oh yeah and thanks for the Faster Casting advice Bash ;)

Why that instead of Spell Echo? Is it due to 3.3 balance change or are you just finding it works better anyway? Is it better for both leveling and end-game do you think?

Spell Echo does not work with Vaal Skills.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
Flypython wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks for the advice :)

You should be able to view my character now Bash, I changed my privacy settings.

I haven't spent any of my respec points so far so have 8 at the moment plus 1 regret. I should be able to easily respec out of the totem passives and into Elemental Overload at the moment so I can run my vaal spark in a 6link on the Tabula. I've got a couple Vaal BVs too along the way so can set BV up in a 3 or 4link on my other gear. I'll slowly respec the rest of my tree to be closer to yours as I pick up more refund points and regrets.

I think I need to pick up some dexterity on my jewellery as I can't use some of the recommended gems due to dex requirements. Also I guess I need more life on my gear as you guys recommend. I'm at max or very close on all my resists just need to boost those up soon as it's not long before I'm at part 2.
Also I need to trade for some decent jewels as currently I have 2 empty jewel slots on my tree.
I got 17 chaos from selling a second Tabula I found so hopefully should be able to get some decent stuff.

To Miyavi: I might be wrong and maybe Herald of Ice is not favoured in 3.3 but I believe it is not useful early game as it is meant to work together with high crits to clear stuff fast and protect you from ever getting swarmed. But crits don't really work well until you invest heavily into them so it won't really work well until late game once you've put in that investment on the tree.
So you can see at the moment Bash has chosen Elemental Overload on the tree which gets rid of extra crit multiplier damage in exchange for a flat damage boost but will spec out of it later on once he hits all the juicy crit passives as the crits will then scale better late-game.
That's my thinking anyway but I could be wrong.

To WilliamCZE: I might be wrong but I think Call of the Brotherhood is more of a late-game item and at the moment Bash is just posting the gear he is using as he is levelling as his Inquisitor is not late-game yet. It is likely still an excellent item to have regardless.

Oh I checked you skill tree...you did go for Elemental Equilirium... drop that!! When not used correctly it just increases the elemental resistances of your enemies. Also go for self cast Spark now and drop the 7 nodes on your way to ancestral bond. Also try to get a shield charge+Faster attacks+fortify setup to work.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jun 5, 2018, 12:45:02 AM
Is there an alternative single target ability we can use with this build? I really do not like blade vortex, although I am in the middle of leveling this build and it has been really fun so far. It's just the Single target I dont like, and Ive just been pounding stuff down with spark
"
Hammerdin95 wrote:
Is there an alternative single target ability we can use with this build? I really do not like blade vortex, although I am in the middle of leveling this build and it has been really fun so far. It's just the Single target I dont like, and Ive just been pounding stuff down with spark

Lightning Tendrils + CWC + Glacial Cascade
Ah OK thanks Bash will follow that advice :)

Does the spell echo not working apply to the normal version Spark supplied by the Vaal gem as well or just the Vaal version?
Has anyone tried to use arc instead of spark?

i leveled with arc, then arc totem and later specced out of it and simply leveled with 3 herold blade vortex which was smoother.

At any time while leveling arc just seemed better than spark(and you don't need pierce gem).
So iam really considering using vaal arc instead of spark - no offscreen kills but no single mobs left alive either.
Last edited by Zackz on Jun 5, 2018, 3:27:25 AM
Hello i like your build very mutch so far so good. My profile is public can u check it and tell me what passive tree should i aim now and what gear item should i change as fast as i can?

leveled as flameblast totems (do not bother with incursion) and respecced into spark at lvl 65. had no problems leveling, basically farmed oasis/blood acquduct till 70 and did t1-t3 maps till 75

currently lvl 81 4.5k hp, only up to t5 maps, but no problems clearing maps and incursion temples at all and pretty fast as well. Just have to keep spamming diamond flasks.
have not done uber lab so no MoM yet

Tips:
prioritise getting a 5link blade vortex/vaal blade vortex asap as it really helps with ur single target (Spark isnt very good at single target)
max resists (you will keep dying without max resists)
do merc lab asap, that regen helps alot, buy service if you cant

gear prices:
singularity : 2c
shield : 2alc
helm (you do not need starkonjas, i was using three dragon until 79 and it worked fine) : 8c
armor : 1c
rings : 1c each
amulet : 2c
glove : 1c
belt: self-found
boots : self-found
intuitive leap : 5c
total : 20c 2alc (so far)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info