[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Hello bashtart and others!

I'm a newer player, first time Templar/Inquisitor (char: Shabanotti), but I was really amazed at how cool the build looks and clears.

For me - leveling wasn't that bad - I died a few times before I learned how to play Abyss monsters and got Immortal Call/Temp chains/Warlord's Mark setup in my boots. Also, now I have 8/9 Humility and plan to sell my Tabula to get Call of the brotherhood ring.

My question is - Will that be enough for sparking? I plan to also use the new shock chest (Inpulsa's sadist garb) that was posted here earlier and 5 link it and use my BV in there.

I just really hate Flameblast and want to start sparking ASAP.

Thanks again.. I have many more questions but I think I'll try to answer them myself and if can't - will post here.
I've been running this build and the map clear is insane... but I feel like wet tissue paper at all times. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I have no idea what (my characters are public, Xyrm_Spark is the one I'm talking about).

I haven't gotten to the point I can actually run BV, and the single target/survivability combo is so bad that I can't actually kill bosses without dying. As promised, however, the map clear remains amazing. I just don't see myself able to progress the atlas with this character without my friends carrying me. The only way to pull off the BV+spark combo is with a very solid helm or gloves that are psuedo 5 or 6L items, so I can't really run BV to fix the single target.

TBH, I kind of feel baited. I'm sure it's my own stupidty, but I just don't see how this build is anything other than a late-league meme build.

PLUS, possibly the thing that makes me want to give up on this build the most, is that the spiders are blocked by nodes generated by the abyss cracks. So you can only hit 1/3-1/2 of the mobs at any given time unless you're in an enclosed place (and if you're on a narrow walkway, you just can't kill 1/2 the mobs period.
"
Xyrm wrote:
I've been running this build and the map clear is insane... but I feel like wet tissue paper at all times. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I have no idea what (my characters are public, Xyrm_Spark is the one I'm talking about).

I haven't gotten to the point I can actually run BV, and the single target/survivability combo is so bad that I can't actually kill bosses without dying. As promised, however, the map clear remains amazing. I just don't see myself able to progress the atlas with this character without my friends carrying me. The only way to pull off the BV+spark combo is with a very solid helm or gloves that are psuedo 5 or 6L items, so I can't really run BV to fix the single target.

TBH, I kind of feel baited. I'm sure it's my own stupidty, but I just don't see how this build is anything other than a late-league meme build.

PLUS, possibly the thing that makes me want to give up on this build the most, is that the spiders are blocked by nodes generated by the abyss cracks. So you can only hit 1/3-1/2 of the mobs at any given time unless you're in an enclosed place (and if you're on a narrow walkway, you just can't kill 1/2 the mobs period.

I'm with you on this post. The build does not feel like a league starter at all.
Last edited by Moffers on Dec 10, 2017, 11:46:34 PM
"
Xyrm wrote:

Hi there, I know the switch from totems to spark can be difficult to manage and needs a bit currency. That is the reason why I write in every guide / video... don't switch too early! I must confess last saison it was a bit easier with just picking vaal pact. I have not ancipated that it would have such a big impact.

The first thing I noticed when I check your gear is your flask setup. I really would get a diamond flask (with invetiable jugdment it will boost your dps big time), then a life flask (which instant heal on low life), also very important a flask like overflowing chalice which will proct your consecrated ground.

Obviously your gear can be improved but I noticed something at your jewels ... when you use pierce in spark setup you kinda don't need poacher's aim... aeh yeah one jewel socket has no jewel in it. I really would get enfeeble instead of warlord's mark in your cwdt... it helps your defense quit a bit.

Unfortunately boss killing can be a bit hard until the gear level gets a bit better, until then I would just skip.

Well I don't think that I baited you because imo dual spell totems are good for league starter.

@tsaulic: better switch a bit too late than to early because you will need a bit of gear level to farm smoothly with spark. I plan to switch arround 78 - 80.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 11, 2017, 1:31:28 AM
Anyway to stick a inspired learning in here?
"
bashtart wrote:
@tsaulic: better switch a bit too late than to early because you will need a bit of gear level to farm smoothly with spark. I plan to switch arround 78 - 80.

Thanks for the reply. I will wait then and just farm low maps until I'm 80 or so.
"
KohZe wrote:
Anyway to stick a inspired learning in here?

Last season I made a build version which used inspired learning jewel socket left from templar starting area on the way to ancestral bond.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
I have been following your build to lvl 81. Still got problems with filling up mana after taking a hit. What could be missing? The only mana leech i can find in my tree/gear is from warlords mark wich only cast on hit. I end up in using a mana flask at the moment but in your videos it looks allot like you leech mana. Build seams strong for the rest so far.

Hi pious path does the job or you can take something with „ % of damage taken is gained as mana over ...“
"
Xyrm wrote:

Hi,there is something need to change i think.
1.jewel, you got only one spark threshold jewel,try to get another if its not expensive.(The poacher's aim is not really important when you got the pierce gems)
2. you need to buy a Singularity in your main-hand(in early game), it just need 1-2C,so cheap but can got huge damge increse.
3. your shield is worth,just look for some speel damage shield or put your mace in your next hand.
4. the abyss jewel will give you a lot damage in early game. put it in your socket(even if you got a abyss belt looks well,you can use it)
5. The Dex for run BV ,you can got it from Starkonja's Head or a 30+30 dex aumlet(ring)
6. The spark is so so weak fighting single target,try to get a 4L BV+echo+phy to lighting+Concentrated Effect to help your Boss fighting.
"
Nevzat wrote:
I have a couple of questions/observations since trying this build.

1) Shield charge - this is my first time using it, and I really don't like how it operates. I am regularly getting stuck in narrow spaces around enemies and then die, it is very unreliable to use - why do we use shield charge instead of any other mobility skill?
Will I get used to shield charge because right now I can't see the benefits of using it unless it is an open area (in coridoors it seems awful)

2) Is there any way to change the mechanic of our spark so that it can travel through the air? I always assumed spark worked like if there a way to get to an enemy it will find it, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Again, in tight spaces spark doesn't seem great, especially when enemies are visible but can shoot at you easily and you can't touch them without running right next to them.

3) Are open layouts the kind of maps to farm for this character then?

Also Bashtard - Do you plan to play this build and 3.1 and therefore update your guide to include some of the new items/uniques?

Hi,
1&2) Try out leap slam, you will not reach the same movement speed with it but obstacles are no problem and you can jump over things which are in the way. Unfortunately there is no way to change the mechanics of spark.
3) yeah open layouts are the best for this build

And yes I am leveling it atm but i am still dual totem... and of course I will constantly update the guide ... also with new legendary items.
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 11, 2017, 5:22:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info