Lightning Strike

I have +20% damage from passive. My project have:
base_damage*(1+0.2-0.2)=base_damage or
base_damage*(1+0.2)*(1-0.2)=base_damage*0.96
Is the projectiles' crit chance affected by weapon critical chance or spell crit?
I'm assuming the first one? Still would love a confirmation,
thanks in advance!
"Stick it with the pointy end."
-------------------------------
IGN: astroTemplar; astroTank; astroRogue
"
astroMonkey wrote:
Is the projectiles' crit chance affected by weapon critical chance or spell crit?
I'm assuming the first one? Still would love a confirmation,
thanks in advance!
Weapon. Lightning strike is not a spell and cannot be affected at all by any spell-specific modifiers.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Weapon. Lightning strike is not a spell and cannot be affected at all by any spell-specific modifiers.

Thanks for the fast reply,

the skill then synergizes well with marauder/templar ele dmg builds,
it also warrants a no-resolute technique build test for my marauder :)
"Stick it with the pointy end."
-------------------------------
IGN: astroTemplar; astroTank; astroRogue
Last edited by astroMonkey on Jun 19, 2012, 6:37:04 AM
"
astroMonkey wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply,

the skill then synergizes well with marauder/templar ele dmg builds,
it also warrants a no-resolute technique build test for my marauder :)

It absolutely does. And very well. I'm a lvl 36 ele Templar in Crual difficulty atm, and I plan on going for the shock /shock duration nodes using this. ( I've already got Catalyze, and the weapon ele dmg nodes of course)

Thinking about the inate shock effect from critting PLUS another % chance to cause shock, it's gonna proc alot.
Some might find it boring spamming one ability, but I find it comfortable and fun in the context of a "build defining" skill.
I don't really " feel" like I'm only using one ability, cuz I also use Tempest Shield And Molten Shell.

I like that it's usable for kiting as well.

What else can I say.
The 90 degree angle of 2/3 of the projectiles is kind of annoying, but whatya do.

Edit: As for no resolute technique:
IMO you want the shock proc from crit plus the shock nodes. +40% increased dmg is nothing to sneeze at. Plus increasing the duration of the proc... I have no interest in Resolute Technique.
All you gotta do is take a few 30 Dex nodes. Missing is annoying but not game breaking at all.

I admit when I first started, I eyeballed Resolute Technique, but quickly forgot about it, when I settled on this Lightning ele build.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 24, 2012, 9:08:25 PM
I use Lightning Strike with Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Pierce supports, and I fully endorse this product.
"

It absolutely does. And very well. I'm a lvl 36 ele Templar in Crual difficulty atm, and I plan on going for the shock /shock duration nodes using this. ( I've already got Catalyze, and the weapon ele dmg nodes of course)

Thinking about the inate shock effect from critting PLUS another % chance to cause shock, it's gonna proc alot.
Some might find it boring spamming one ability, but I find it comfortable and fun in the context of a "build defining" skill.
I don't really " feel" like I'm only using one ability, cuz I also use Tempest Shield And Molten Shell.

I like that it's usable for kiting as well.

What else can I say.
The 90 degree angle of 2/3 of the projectiles is kind of annoying, but whatya do.

Edit: As for no resolute technique:
IMO you want the shock proc from crit plus the shock nodes. +40% increased dmg is nothing to sneeze at. Plus increasing the duration of the proc... I have no interest in Resolute Technique.
All you gotta do is take a few 30 Dex nodes. Missing is annoying but not game breaking at all.

I admit when I first started, I eyeballed Resolute Technique, but quickly forgot about it, when I settled on this Lightning ele build.

Damage, you couldn't happen to put a link for your build up, could you? I actually just switched my Templar over from an Ice centric build to using Lightning Strike as my main skill after the last patch. I hadn't considered the crit nodes while I was planning things out.
Does the Point Blank keystone do anything for this skill?
I can see that LMP adds more projectiles, but just thought I'd ask because the equipped weapon is a melee weapon.
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
"
Mune wrote:
Does the Point Blank keystone do anything for this skill?
No.
There is a Point Blank support gem though, I presume that one works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info