Lightning Strike

I love using this skill on my 32 level Marauder. It doesn't cost a lot of mana and I think it does more damage than Cleave (not sure due to support gems on my Cleave).
Although I have a suggestion about this skill. Can you make the center range, at which the character will move if skill is used at longer range a bit longer? Cleave can be used perfectly at close enemies without making the character move every time you use the skill, but Lightning Strike must be used at the very center of the screen in order for the character to stay in place after every cast. This is very bad, because if you move every time when you cast this your cast time somewhat increases due to moving and casting, also if you move, there's a chance for some enemy to go behind you because you went to the opposite direction. I hope you can make this skill work like Cleave or close to it, since it works perfectly as a close range AoE skill.
Don't know if this is fixable, or if you guys think it should be considered a bug, so I'm putting it here. If you get close enough to a monster, shift click in his general direction instead of on him, you can make multiple projectiles hit, dealing more damage than attacking the monster directly.

I love this skill either way. Used it on a Templar when it was first made, and trying the same again. Wanted to try sceptres instead of daggers this time, but so few mace passives... well, that complaint is over in the passive tree section.
How does this skill work when I equip Hrimsorrow.

Is 75% of my physical damage converted in total, or how does the conversion work?
"
Pastromy wrote:
How does this skill work when I equip Hrimsorrow.

Is 75% of my physical damage converted in total, or how does the conversion work?
Hrimsorrow converts 25% of your physical damage to cold, and Lightning Strike converts 50% to lightning. The other 25% remains physical.
Thanks!

A few more questions:

I'm fairly sure it does, but, does it scale with increased projectile damage? And, does the increased damage show up on the tooltip?

I use it with a 1h mace. How does stun threshold work with it (both the initial hit and the projectiles)?

I have about 80% hit chance, but the projectiles never seem to miss. Is this a bug, is this intended, or am I just misinterpreting the animation?
Last edited by Pastromy on May 11, 2012, 10:25:36 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The damage from the projectiles can still miss, as they deal weapon damage.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
They are projectiles which deal lightning damage (converted from physical).

Projectile damage, lightning damage, elemental weapon damage, physical damage and weapon-specific damage increases will all apply.
Good to know. But, increased projectile damage doesn't appear to show up on the tooltip (ie when I use faster projectiles)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Neokolzia wrote:
Question I have for Str elemental skills, including LS, is why doesn't Increase Melee Physical damage (x%, e.g. 12%) increase the conversion of Lightning Damage, where increase One Handed Melee Physical, does.
Both of those apply (assuming you're using a one-handed melee weapon). Can you post more details of the situation in which they seem not to be?

I'll have to double check when I get a chance, but I swear when I leveled up, added the +8% Melee Damage Node, that there was Absolutely no Increase in Lightning Damage Lighting Strike did, rather only increase in the Physical damage, as if it was calculated after the 50% conversion.

This was in 0.9.8 though and unfortunately already respent skill points and avoided those skills for now.

Yes Increase say, One handed Physical Damage 18% works fine, Increase Mace Damage by 15% works fine, Increase Melee Physical damage at the time didn't seem to work.

Nevermind, unless it was changed in 0.9.9, and I missed it but seems to be working as intended.
Last edited by Neokolzia on May 12, 2012, 4:09:27 AM
This skill is absolutely incredible atm.

Just destroying things.

The only downside to it is that hitting monsters with it is less damage than "shotgunning" it at point blank using shift clicking. I posted a video in general chat showing roughly how its working for me with less projectile.
I believe I found a bug.

I picked up 3x 6% increased projectile damage nodes near the Shadow but my dps remained exactly the same (I had saved them up so applied them all at the same time). I'm pretty sure this is not intended since my Faster Projectile gem linked with Lightning Strike does increase the dps.

So what way is it intended to work?
Last edited by Srsbznz on May 28, 2012, 6:53:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info