Lightning Strike

So it's a melee attack...with melee projectiles :) Gotcha
"
sanddemon wrote:
So it's a melee attack...with melee projectiles :) Gotcha
Not the most intuitive, I know, but 'melee' and 'ranged' in terms of attacks are only really defined terms for weapons - a bow is a ranged weapon and a sword is a melee weapon.

And attack made with a ranged weapon is considered ranged, and an attack made with a melee weapon is considered melee. We may need a way to override that in future, but for now that isn't currently possible.
Yeah I would rather have it chain from the enemy you hit to other enemies around like chain lightning. Its rare I can get the three bolts to hit right, can you modify it to have more projectiles? Might make it better, but still think striking and watching chains weave their way through monsters would be cooler.
I'm confused. it says lightning strike. are the projectiles lightning or projectile damage?

do I add +lightning or +projectile to increase damage ?
"
Flair wrote:
I'm confused. it says lightning strike. are the projectiles lightning or projectile damage?

do I add +lightning or +projectile to increase damage ?
They are projectiles which deal lightning damage (converted from physical).

Projectile damage, lightning damage, elemental weapon damage, physical damage and weapon-specific damage increases will all apply.
I do seem to be crashing quite alot when spamming this skill. Anyway to see log files or something that I can paste here or in support forum?
loving this skill on my Zeus character right now, but I am wondering.

If I start using Greater Multiple Projectiles, will more then 1 projectile hit 1 monster making up for the 20% less damage?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Not the most intuitive, I know, but 'melee' and 'ranged' in terms of attacks are only really defined terms for weapons - a bow is a ranged weapon and a sword is a melee weapon.

And attack made with a ranged weapon is considered ranged, and an attack made with a melee weapon is considered melee. We may need a way to override that in future, but for now that isn't currently possible.

I don't know if this would work Mark but what about replacing "ranged attacks" with either:

1.) ranged weapon attacks
or
2.) Attacks with ranged weapons

Using some transitive logic on that first part of your quote I assume that currently all uses of "ranged attack(s)" applies towards ranged attacks made with a ranged weapon. Now the second part I assumed was that you could not make a "non-ranged" attack with ranged weapon. Even if your target is right next to you the range may be very small but it's still ranged.

Would that help clear up some of the confusion?
I like how the scaling currently works, where Bonus Projectile damage increases all projectile damage.

Wands,
Lightning Strike Proj,
Arrows,
Etc.

I don't think this needs to be narrowed down.

Question I have for Str elemental skills, including LS, is why doesn't Increase Melee Physical damage (x%, e.g. 12%) increase the conversion of Lightning Damage, where increase One Handed Melee Physical, does.

Is The Melee Physical damage always calculated after the fact on purpose after a conversion or?
"
Neokolzia wrote:
Question I have for Str elemental skills, including LS, is why doesn't Increase Melee Physical damage (x%, e.g. 12%) increase the conversion of Lightning Damage, where increase One Handed Melee Physical, does.
Both of those apply (assuming you're using a one-handed melee weapon). Can you post more details of the situation in which they seem not to be?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info