Lightning Strike

"
gbones wrote:
Which support curse is better with LS conductivity or a mid quality projectile weakness?

It would be pretty awesome to have both, but I'm not going Whispers of Doom.

Actually, critical weakness is the best curse for it. Conductivity is better that proj weakness, in general, except cases where enemies are overcapped on lightning res.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
mrpetrov wrote:
I am a bit confused about something.
[EC on Stun works with the Projectiles]
Ergo, a Melee Phys Gem should enhance the damage of LS projectiles.

As requested, posting my related quick test of this. The Melee Phys supports do not apply to the Projectiles, confirming what was always said about Lightning Strike.

EC on Stun is just working strangely. My prediction is that it doesn't actually check the damage type, but simply the Skill. LS deals Melee Damage; just not exclusively.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
I am a bit confused about something.
[EC on Stun works with the Projectiles]
Ergo, a Melee Phys Gem should enhance the damage of LS projectiles.

As requested, posting my related quick test of this. The Melee Phys supports do not apply to the Projectiles, confirming what was always said about Lightning Strike.

EC on Stun is just working strangely. My prediction is that it doesn't actually check the damage type, but simply the Skill. LS deals Melee Damage; just not exclusively.
I concluded that myself.

It's checking the skill tag, but not damage tags IMO
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
i feel this skill greatly underpowered
-damage seems good, but many mosters resists lightning and elemental damage, greatly reducing his effectiveness in many zones
-projectiles stops after hitting a enemy
-projectiles stops at every little peddle on the ground
-no control on cone
-heavily dependent on weapon

spectral throw and other aoe skills beat it by far
IGN:ChristaSwilton(lightning ranger)
"
aUnluckyEvent wrote:
i feel this skill greatly underpowered
-damage seems good, but many mosters resists lightning and elemental damage, greatly reducing his effectiveness in many zones
-projectiles stops after hitting a enemy
-projectiles stops at every little peddle on the ground
-no control on cone
-heavily dependent on weapon

spectral throw and other aoe skills beat it by far

You are wrong. All you need to make Lightning Strike viable is high critical chance (i wonder why it is str-aligned skill, it should be int-dex alighned).

-Yes, LS damage can be resisted, but it shocks on crit and increases damage dealt.
-Q20% gem has 60% chance to pierce.
-Yes, ground projectiles sometimes cant hit through obstacles. But a lot of useful skills have drawbacks.
-cone control wont help much, actually. Instead, you gain LMP for free.
-as almost every attack skill is.

I tried Spectral throw for my CI dagger build. Guess what? Lightning strike beats it by far! Does it mean that Spectral Throw is useless? No, it means it's useless just for my build. Same with Lightning Strike. It is useless for certain builds, and is a powerful DPS skill (both AoE and single) for anothers.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
same experience with spectral throw.. ireally wanted to make a build with it.. got some stuff like kaoms axe and all other unique 2hand thingys.. used the wildest gem combinations in my tabula.. and guess what ..

meehhhh ..... ;)

after a LS duelist i now have a LS scion ;))... actually was fun to level it up but my level 88 duelist is hyper optimized and comes with 73/70 block.. the scion nodes are nice but most of them really shit for this build.. especially the shortbuts to shock nodes are useless because strength> dex > int.. and i avoid every non strength node if possible.. stick back to BM passiv build because .. man i really hate mana..

lag problems with ls seems to be less than before... thats the best thing!
Saw it devmoon stream (after it has been changed a lot since the last time I played with it).

Seemed really underwhelming. I think Spectral Throw kinda made LS less useful. Also there were too many nerfs to elemental damage, not just the gem but also the passive tree.

I dont think Eleweapon damage is as OP as it used to be.

I'm not sure what should be done about LS but some minor buff would be nice. I'd like to see it being a FotM skill for a while, because it is a cool skill!
"
KenshiD wrote:
Saw it devmoon stream (after it has been changed a lot since the last time I played with it).

Seemed really underwhelming. I think Spectral Throw kinda made LS less useful. Also there were too many nerfs to elemental damage, not just the gem but also the passive tree.

I dont think Eleweapon damage is as OP as it used to be.

I'm not sure what should be done about LS but some minor buff would be nice. I'd like to see it being a FotM skill for a while, because it is a cool skill!

Lightning Strike is still a better choice for crit build in endgame, and spectral throw is pretty useless for non-critical build in endgame, anyways. Spectral Throw makes insane leveling skill, but when it comes to endgame, Lightning Strike rocks.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
My crit dagger witch is optimized for LS but the 1/3 dps ST clears pretty fast also.
The always pierce and multiple targets that you can hit aren't taken in consideration.
I'm still doing some tests but I'll stick to LS since it's awesome.
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on Dec 4, 2013, 5:22:49 AM
"
Slagmaur wrote:
My crit dagger witch is optimized for LS but the 1/3 dps ST clears pretty fast also.
The always pierce and multiple targets that you can hit aren't taken in consideration.
I'm still doing some tests but I'll stick to LS since it's awesome.

Are you sure you're using proper gems for LS?
Do you have point blank?
Do you deal enough damage per hit to shock?

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info