Tempest Shield

I originally liked the skill a great deal, but it doesnt scale well at all. At like lvl 8 it was doing roughly 80-150 lighting damage no increase to block %, and was using something like 30% of my mana.

I really enjoyed the skill but such a large % mana, and low damage I dont see how it could be viable.
I liked it at low levels until I got blood magic. These percentage based auras are horrible with a blood magic build, wish there was a way around it or the mechanic was changed slightly. I mean i can handle running something like anger, gives a nice bonus without killing all my hp, but 25% hp is like 400 health at my level. I really do miss it and next templar might have to change my build slightly and not have blood magic. But then again when I was mana based I ran out of mana so fast, my pool was tiny, but there are some ways around that, just not around the hp loss with blood magic.
I'm not sure if it is intended or is a bug, however I noticed that when I switch a skillgem in or out of the shield buffed with Tempest Shield the effect will automatically deactivate.

Same goes for when you level a skillgem placed into the shield. Which can be rather annoying for instance, when you want to level up a low skillgem and every minute you have to reactivate Tempest Shield just because you pressed the "+" button on the gem placed into shield.
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
I liked it at low levels until I got blood magic. These percentage based auras are horrible with a blood magic build, ...

Every skill shouldn't work with every build. You chose the blood magic with it pluses and cons.

"
ShineySides wrote:
I originally liked the skill a great deal, but it doesnt scale well at all. At like lvl 8 it was doing roughly 80-150 lighting damage no increase to block %, and was using something like 30% of my mana.

I really enjoyed the skill but such a large % mana, and low damage I dont see how it could be viable.

%of mana reserved isn't bad, but I agre about the dmg. Dmg should be higher, maby the block % could scale or at least the block recovery.

--
Two things that I don't like about that skill besides the low dmg are:
- This skill is for templar only. It need shield strenght and inteligence. So its basicily for templar Other shield users can't improve their shield with any other skill. So it could need less int/str [or only int for example] or game could have other shield skill for non int heavy builds
- Skill looks great but have one thing wrong. That blue shield looks awesome, and it really gives me the vision of magic shield improvement. But the weird cone that comes from the middle of the shield could be taken out of it.

Do this skill shocks enemies? I didn't see its done yet.
Last edited by Bakubylozajete on Apr 15, 2012, 5:04:14 AM
I posted 2 weeks ago about the skill not working with necromantic aegis. Perhaps I should have posted here.
I read here that it isn't to be tested yet (during the testing phase) and that it might be too powerful.
I would like to comment that, when I played without my shield, my witch got killed a whole lot easier. So the malus of necromantic aegis is not a minor one. I was also wondering if necromantic aegis was working at all because my minions weren't blocking either.
Elsewhere I read a post about temspest shield not working with the lifesteal per hit gem. So perhaps some starshiptroopers are needed to deal with the bugs.
Like this skill, sound effect drives me crazy though >< Remove or tone way down? I keep thinking there's a sick Rhoa somewhere around!
lvl 40 ish AoF Templar Mace+Shield

Pitiful badly-scaled damage, 4% mediocre block (5% with inner force), excessive mana reserve (i got other much more useful auras to maintain).

Need a buff
"
NorbTheOne wrote:
I'm not sure if it is intended or is a bug, however I noticed that when I switch a skillgem in or out of the shield buffed with Tempest Shield the effect will automatically deactivate.

Same goes for when you level a skillgem placed into the shield. Which can be rather annoying for instance, when you want to level up a low skillgem and every minute you have to reactivate Tempest Shield just because you pressed the "+" button on the gem placed into shield.

This. Rather annoying, but not skill-breaking, of course.
I think the skill is useful on my tanky ranger, where 4% block is worth 25% mana. I haven't been leveling it since I don't know if the damage (which rarely triggers since I've high evade) will be worth an increased mana reserve. This use makes it feel boring since it's essentially just a mana->block stat conversion, even if it is useful.

Really I just came here to say it needs to stop making that terrible farting noise though.
IGN: Fiesse, Fjesse
I enjoy using this skill on my witch..helps when I get surrounded. Only downside is that because it is a blue gem, it is considered a spell, it should work well with a witch build...but because of the high % of mana reserved, it seems that it really uses a lot of resources for the small chance of utilizing its damage ability.

I do love this skill to help the survivability with my witch, and I think it is very useful...but is there a reason the %reserved is so high?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info