Tempest Shield

When Tempest Shield triggers with a crit, is that a melee crit too or just a spell crit? In other words can you gain Power Charges with it from "Gain a Power Charge on melee Critical Strike"?
Skill is fun. Graphically speaking, effect is great but this "beam" of energy in the middle is not necassary or too big.

NAd i have some idea - maybe Tempest shield should has another effect:

"Change DMG of Shield Charge to Ligtning DMG"

I dont know it will be balanced but it will be nice, cool and immersive thing.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Skill is fun. Graphically speaking, effect is great but this "beam" of energy in the middle is not necassary or too big.

NAd i have some idea - maybe Tempest shield should has another effect:

"Change DMG of Shield Charge to Ligtning DMG"

I dont know it will be balanced but it will be nice, cool and immersive thing.

Changing the damage type would be nice. Or create a small AoE effect if shield charge hits while tempest shield and\or molten shell is active? And the AoE damage could be proportional to the distance charged? It would definitely add some much-needed flash and usefulness to the shield charge skill. Both lightning warp and leap slam have AoE, and shield charge isn't much faster.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
I like this skill. The graphics are beautiful and the 10% flat increase to block is very powerful. I see this becoming a staple of melee S/S builds.
"
When Tempest Shield triggers with a crit, is that a melee crit too or just a spell crit? In other words can you gain Power Charges with it from "Gain a Power Charge on melee Critical Strike"?

"
Rory wrote:
It works like a spell - Anything that affects spell damage will affect Tempest Shield. Lightning Damage, Crit chance, spell damage, etc.

I have been having a lot of fun with this skill. I finally found an excuse to use an orb of scouring when a 41% block chance shield dropped so that I could upgrade it to a rare.

But I had a situation arise that I'm not exactly happy about. I'm sitting at 60% chance to block so this triggers quite regularly. I walked towards pack of mobs and saw a reflection aura so I did not attack. I then saw that my HP had quickly dropped to half so I flasked. And then then I just straight up died.

Granted I'm only towards the end of Act 2 on normal so my resists aren't that high. But it still discourages me from using this skill. Because anytime I walk into element reflection ranged mobs I will die instantly. It's the first time in this game where it felt like careful play didn't matter. I was just going to die anyway.

This would be fixed if this skill was a toggle. I know you have talked about those on other parts of this forum, but here is my +1 for that idea.
"
Xine wrote:
This would be fixed if this skill was a toggle. I know you have talked about those on other parts of this forum, but here is my +1 for that idea.

Well, it is possibly to right click spell icon in the top left to disable it. Not a quite "toggle" but almost.
Imho Tempest Shield need some more love on the higher levels. On low levels (skill and monsters) the damage of it is pretty nice, but the scaling for the higher levels isn't that good, especially when compared with Molten Shell.
This could lead to some "abuse" like with the old Firestorm, because for several builds it could be attractive to just use a level 1 gem, for lower mana consumption and perhaps the lower int req.

Just some numbers in comparison:
Int req: 67 on level 15, 16 on level 1
Mana consumption (with Life Leech, Added Lightning/Chaos Damage): 157 on level 15, 54 on level 1
"Damage factor": Tempest Shield level 1:level 15 1:2, Molten Shell level 1:level 14 1:10 - 1:30 (depending on my Power Charges active)

My suggestions for scaling would be one of those:
a) Increase damage - could be OP for builds with extreme high block chance, but I'm not sure there
b) Increase Block Chance - perhaps by 0,5% per level
c) Give Spell Block Chance - would suggest 1% per level
d) Increase Duration - would be the minimum buff, probably won't help against "abuse"
anyone knows what this skill gains with +% quality?
i suggest posting the quality modificator in the first post of all skills in this forum...
1% Increased Lightning Damage per 2% quality

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info