Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

If only Life has Ghost Reaver Nod...
Breach as core? At the first make this shit avoidable by movement skill… It's prety bad when weak character got it on narrow passage in some race…
Everything is based on the Xbox release its confirmed.
Great news that CI/ES meta is gettin nerf.

Now we only need some more love to life/melee.
Rip FPS...
Id like to see Breaches as a type of dungeon trap.

Leave them in but invisible to the player. Opening a breach by accident would be a great "oh crap" moment.
Please stop locking unqs/upgrade items behind boss encounters, Breach was so laggy I never even got more than a few feet into the lords domains.

At lest give breaches a small chance to drop fragments of an upgrade stone or the second tier unq when the character is at a high enough monster lvl~.

I enjoyed breach... it just has the same problem as endgame content (to many mobs, effect's/screen clutter/OP boss skills that can stack either on the player or the ground).
Last edited by KojiBear on Feb 12, 2017, 6:08:44 PM
"
Please consider adding the content in various ways, and not just one.

Lots of small chances to encounter the mechanic from multiple sources will be worth the design investment.

Level Specific Map Mods

~On L70 Maps, you can get an elemental breaches spawn in this area mod

~On L75 Maps, you can get Uul-netol breaches spawn in this area mod

~On L80 Maps, you can get Chayula breaches spawn in this area mod

(this can be expanded upon in the future for endgame, tiered content. could use L71, L76, L81 for a set of endgame content tiers, for example)

Boxes

~Yeah, not very original. But yeah, would again be a nice way to bring breaches into the game, and here is how I would do it: Added effect to Vaal Orbing a box, where the box immediately starts a breach. Can happen from any box, as long as you Vaal it. Make it semi uncommon, 1 in 7? 6?

Zana Mod

~Not what you think, not a map machine mod. I mean, Zana needs to give this as type of zone mod when you encounter her in the wild and get a quest. Also should happen on her dailies. Make it like as rare as a Beyond/Squids map or so?

Incorporated into previous Leagues

~Beyond Bosses, especially Abaxoth, should have a tiered chance at popping a breach hand when they die.
~Exiles should drop a couple shards here and there.
~There should be Tempests that spawn random breach rares (for shards).
~There should be several Breach Prophecies. Bosses, breaches, shards in boxes, etc.
~Vaal Side area Chests should have a (10?) chance to pop as Breaches instead of Apex Shards.
~Apex(some)/Abyss(lots) should have a lot of breaches.
~Putting an Apex Shard plus 1 shard of up to 3 shard types to spawn those breach type(s) inside of random Vaal side area.
~How about a new Perandus Box, can have a random (10%?) Breach Unique when you pop it? Has shards too, and will have breach monsters in Perandus Drag ;)

There were some really nice ideas on the Reddit forums the past month for how to incorporate Breach into the game. These should be parsed and picked at for their best ideas and increasing Breach encounters from multiple sources, is the way to go.
This is actually good to hear. Especially the continued access to the breach uniques is something i'm excited about, since there are quite few of them that i enjoy using and I'm not even speaking about HOWA.
"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:
"
Please consider adding the content in various ways, and not just one.

Lots of small chances to encounter the mechanic from multiple sources will be worth the design investment.

Level Specific Map Mods

~On L70 Maps, you can get an elemental breaches spawn in this area mod

~On L75 Maps, you can get Uul-netol breaches spawn in this area mod

~On L80 Maps, you can get Chayula breaches spawn in this area mod

(this can be expanded upon in the future for endgame, tiered content. could use L71, L76, L81 for a set of endgame content tiers, for example)

What I specifically like about that suggestion (and similar ones that circulated forums and reddit before) is the fact that they would give strong incentive to actually play high level maps, which do not win on the efficiency meta. Actually building for being strong on high end maps would be a reasonable alternative to building for being as fast as possible on strand.
Last edited by Wyand1337 on Feb 12, 2017, 6:18:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info