Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

"
Qarl wrote:

One of the big successes of the Breach league was the new uniques that were introduced. These were designed for impact on gameplay and on build choices. There were some definite hits in the Breach unique line up. We won't be doing strong changes on the balance of these uniques, but will focus most rebalance efforts on older league-specific uniques.

Don't forget that reducing the rarity of breaches while keeping the drop ratio will make those items ridiculously expensive, kinda like the perandus map right now. So please take that into consideration when balancing it.
Breachlords - yes, breaches - definitely no. Besides, you're not going to get it right, stop kidding yourselves. Just look at what you did with essences. Horrible implementation into the core game - adds nothing to leveling where they were the most beneficial, and the interesting essences are so rare that they might as well not exist.
Do you guys actually do anything other than nerf stuff ? I've only done a couple of ES builds (only one CI) so I don't really care but your idea of balance is ridiculous.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I'd like to see better integration between Breach and Beyond mechanics, since its hinted these monsters and bosses come from the same (or similar) realm.
"
Breachlords - yes, breaches - definitely no. Besides, you're not going to get it right, stop kidding yourselves. Just look at what you did with essences. Horrible implementation into the core game - adds nothing to leveling where they were the most beneficial, and the interesting essences are so rare that they might as well not exist.

What a bunch of bologna.

Essences helped me a ton back when they were introduced. Kept using them on white items in the beginning to get good rares while leveling.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Es nerf sounds sad.

I hope VP isn't nerfed hard though, I'm gonna be a sad sad person if I can't sustain my Lifesteal tank.
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
Nice, I'm excited!
Nerf to ES. THIS IS A BUFF (to everything else).
It's only popular because the breaches are so frequent, accessible, and profitable. Also there are best in slot uniques gated behind the content. How rewarding can you make being able to clear content while sprinting at +150% movespeed?

Breach as a whole seems unnecessary for the core game as we have enough click and drop loot pinatas in the game already, most of which lag less. Some of the uniques from breach are so bizarrely strong I can't see them existing anywhere in their current state but in standard.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I'd say the breaches should be random everywhere. Don't make it a zana mod that's too loaded up with stuff already. Sextant mod would be too rare or make it part of every sextant mod?
I find it a good counter balance to the Essences cause there is a good drop rate for rares. Also breach rings would be somewhat useless if the breaches don't appear in regular instances.

Just cut the breach hands occurrences in half.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info