Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

So you are looking to make ES terrible rather than making life better? Nice, maybe we will get oneshotted by volatiles as CI also in 3.0.
Glad to see ES+VP being reworked. It doesn't necessarily nerf it to the ground, but makes the mechanic more engaging than just holding 1 button. At least I hope so.
RIP my bleed & poison investments.

Such is POE.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
fesru wrote:
So you are looking to make ES terrible rather than making life better? Nice, maybe we will get oneshotted by volatiles as CI also in 3.0.

^^
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Thumbs up regarding Breach as core game!

Looking forward to seeing what's up with itemization (review of legacy uniques) and reviewed mechanics (nerfing, etc). As I've only played a rather limited set of builds, I'm unable to be vocal on such topics, but I surely expect to have fun on future (meta) builds.

I'm glad Breach is being incorporated. Please just don't add it to Zana. The Zana mods, while generally a fun idea, are way too costly to be used unless you have a substantial income of chaos orbs. Which you only have if you're an avid trader and/or only play in groups and share the cost.

This economic gating of game content needs to stop. For all intents and purposes, the stuff you hide behind Zana are gone to me and that is saddening. I really liked the Perandus league and would love to play more of that. But at 3 (or is it 4?) chaos a pop - that's unthinkable.
Perandus > Breach
Period
To anyone who ever complained about GGG not being transparent enough with the community....here you go nerds.
"
MaddDoctor wrote:
Perandus > Breach
Period
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
good news on the whole.

"
KGabQr wrote:
Hand of Wisdom and Action Nerfed why? GGG fail.
ES to Nerfed? omg idiot players...

changes need made mate, its obvious these things need a rebalance.

That said, Im rly hoping this isnt going to be 2.0 again with the EB 'nerf' aka utter destruction of an entire way of playing the game, an entire way of using energy shield which has resulted in what exactly? How many EB/MoM builds have I made since 2.0? None, you just destroyed the mechanic, made it a less desirable way to use energy shield than ci or low life. Its just clunky and horrible, it turned a valued unique into utter garbage that doesnt even make sense any more given it has energy shield, mana and mana regen with mom, those stats dont even work together any more as a concept. If you want to be es mom u dont want mana or mana regen, if you are mana mom you dont want the es.

Now whats the caster options? CI, and everyones playing CI, and thats a problem, well you took away the other option. Whole areas of gearing in order to run AA, in order to maximise that split life pool are gone essentially, you just shurnk build choices, gear choices, as far as I can see nothing good came of those changes at all. You wanted people to use the chest less, you moved mom, that sorted that problem... and then you just poured petrol over that entire area of the game and lit a match.

Im hoping these es changes are a little more considered and reasonable, 2.0 was like a bulldozer, I just felt like quitting the game after that update it felt so mindlessly destructive. Im hoping to see the game balanced, not "well lets just destroy what people are doing because thats a sure way to make them do something else" again.

This whole es vs life, melee vs ranged stuff, these opinions you are trying to rebalance are a lot to do with letting a very small amount of extremely unfair and unbalanced things like volatile blood stick around in such a broken state for so long. If as a life melee character I have to be terrified of attacking rare mobs in melee range in red maps then nerfing 2k es off the average ci build or giving me another 50 pdps on my 1h weapon is not going to fix that.

I love you guys and I think the world of the game youve made. History makes us nervous when we see change on the horizon, but I only care because youve made an awesome game and I know Qarl, Rory, all the guys over there, youre the greatest arpg dev team in the history of gaming and I dont want my concerns to come off as just ultra negative bashing for its own sake. Theres too much of that around here over the last few years and you deserve better than that. We care about the 1% of "argghghghghghhhh!!!" because the other 99% of the time we love what you do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info