Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

(duplicate redacted)

Last edited by slowmovingexile_mm on Jan 23, 2017, 9:58:30 PM
Sounds awesome!
great stuff
"
I think some of the reason they're doing this is to see where the drop 'sweet spot' is for the SSF experience for possible integration into the console version. That's where your ideal experience may end up being.

Well, I can assure you and GGG both that I will never play this game on a console. How even would you? The controls seem completely antithetical to a controller. But if the console version gets the play I want, and I don't on PC, that sure is going to piss me off. I can't claim to have been a huge supporter (only gotten a few things), but I have been playing this game off and on for ages (back to the closed beta test, when Act II existed but there weren't any quests in it, IIRC), and that sure as hell would feel like a betrayal.

"
"Solo Self-Found". So that's what this is called. I've been playing this way more by accident than intention, mostly because I never learned how to trade. (Coming from Eve On-line, trading by chat only seemed odd to me) I'm currently running a level 74 elementalist and scraping by in Tier 2 maps.

It always felt like I was just bad at the game for taking so long to level up my character and still having only a one or two pieces of good gear.

I've been doing it wrong, I guess.

It is very possible that the problem has nothing to do with your drops. I have gotten much, much better at designing characters (hint: if you're not going for Chaos Innoculation, you need +Life on everything apparently, like +50 minimum each, and somewhere around a third of your passive tree devoted to increased life), and I am still very sure that while I could be doing much better trading than I am, I nonetheless have quite a lot of improvement before I can truly claim that it's only the poor design of "imbalanced RNG; use trading to fix it" that's preventing my success.

But knowing that I will eventually reach that point sure is sad.
Last edited by DragoonWraith on Jan 23, 2017, 10:12:29 PM
That's great. I have all my characters(a 90, a 89 and several 80+) in SSF mode since I started playing this game. I guess I will earn a place in the ladder.
"
DragoonWraith wrote:
"
I think some of the reason they're doing this is to see where the drop 'sweet spot' is for the SSF experience for possible integration into the console version. That's where your ideal experience may end up being.

Well, I can assure you and GGG both that I will never play this game on a console. How even would you? The controls seem completely antithetical to a controller. But if the console version gets the play I want, and I don't on PC, that sure is going to piss me off. I can't claim to have been a huge supporter (only gotten a few things), but I have been playing this game off and on for ages (back to the closed beta test, when Act II existed but there weren't any quests in it, IIRC), and that sure as hell would feel like a betrayal.

I guess everyone has their own personal bone of contention when it comes to PoE. Mine is the labyrinth gated ascendancies.

I've been around a long while too (despite what this new account says).

No hate & cheers
"
I guess everyone has their own personal bone of contention when it comes to PoE. Mine is the labyrinth gated ascendancies.

I've been around a long while too (despite what this new account says).

No hate & cheers

The Labyrinth doesn't bother me (I honestly find the loss of XP far more infuriating than the need to redo the Labyrinth), but the randomized Trials for the endgame Labyrinth sure do. In Breach League right now I have over a dozen Offerings—from the same three Trials.
I think there should be a "Team SSF" also, because some people are playing with friends, leveling together, farming together. Make a team ladder just like Starcraft or Dota.
Hi all
Feedback = Positive.
"
felinestar wrote:
I think there should be a "Team SSF" also, because some people are playing with friends, leveling together, farming together. Make a team ladder just like Starcraft or Dota.

team/party while solo?
Savour these moments, for they may never return.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info