Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
rararaputin wrote:
This is great. No more rmt, significantly reduced botting(maybe eliminated completely?) And I don't have to deal with trading anymore, flippers, fixers and other crap, yay!

kudos to ggg.

Are you serious? PLayers will bot nonstop for bragging rights at level and gear. I envision this to have many bots, especcially the first couple leagues as it is new.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
I'll be happy to see this. I'm primarily SSF because I don't like dealing with random groups, and I find trading in this game to be obnoxious at best, impossible at worst. (In-game support is nonexistent, tried PoE trade once, everyone I talked to was offline, didn't respond, or something, and after an hour of trying I just gave up.)
Last edited by darkwarrior42 on Jan 23, 2017, 8:14:19 PM
"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

This, exactly this.

I don't play solo and self-found because I want to brag to anyone.

I play solo and self-found because I do not want to interact with anyone else while playing this game.

I don't enjoy doing so, even with friends who play the game. I like the game solo. But sooner or later, you get RNG-gated and it's obnoxious. It's bad design. It ruins a game that I otherwise love. And sooner or later, I'm going to get too sick and tired of it to keep playing. Every character I play eventually reaches a point where I feel like I'm being punished for not trading, and every time it happens I strongly consider just not playing anymore. Someday I will.
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
rararaputin wrote:
This is great. No more rmt, significantly reduced botting(maybe eliminated completely?) And I don't have to deal with trading anymore, flippers, fixers and other crap, yay!

kudos to ggg.

Are you serious? PLayers will bot nonstop for bragging rights at level and gear. I envision this to have many bots, especcially the first couple leagues as it is new.

Where there's no incentive to bot, none will occur.

If you were a bot farmer, what league would you choose? The one where people can buy the crap you're selling, or the one you cannot?

Botters are after MONEY, not bragging rights.
"
DragoonWraith wrote:
"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

This, exactly this.

I don't play solo and self-found because I want to brag to anyone.

I play solo and self-found because I do not want to interact with anyone else while playing this game.

I don't enjoy doing so, even with friends who play the game. I like the game solo. But sooner or later, you get RNG-gated and it's obnoxious. It's bad design. It ruins a game that I otherwise love. And sooner or later, I'm going to get too sick and tired of it to keep playing. Every character I play eventually reaches a point where I feel like I'm being punished for not trading, and every time it happens I strongly consider just not playing anymore. Someday I will.

If you haven't quit yet due to not wanting to interact with anyone, how could this change anything? For you, the game will feel exactly the same as it always has.
This is great news.

I rarely trade for items but I do trade my items for currency which I use for crafting and mapping. This extra currency is not necessarily a positive thing because it makes everything much easier, so I welcome a league with solo self found constraints.
This seems cool, I'd probably try it. Trading is such a hassle.

I have only two issues (maybe already raised? Not reading 50 pages to find out)

1) Is there a bonus to master progression? Getting to level 8 completely solo will take a loooong time.

2) Are currency drop rates going to be tweaked? People can go an entire league without finding an exalted orb, which will make ceratin SSF crafting impossible.
"
Sir_LogiC wrote:

1) Is there a bonus to master progression? Getting to level 8 completely solo will take a loooong time.

2) Are currency drop rates going to be tweaked? People can go an entire league without finding an exalted orb, which will make ceratin SSF crafting impossible.

1) No
2) No

"
"
Sir_LogiC wrote:

1) No
2) No

...For now.
"
If you haven't quit yet due to not wanting to interact with anyone, how could this change anything? For you, the game will feel exactly the same as it always has.

Well, because I got excited when I saw the announcement in the launcher, and was quite disappointed. Moreover, cementing this position ("SFF means extra challenge/bragging rights!") means it can't simultaneously be what I want (improved odds for things/reduced RNG-hate would eliminate the challenge and bragging rights). So it's effectively an announcement that, not only am I not getting what I want now, they have officially declared that I won't get what I want. And this coming from an announcement that sounded like it was finally giving me what I want.

I mean, whatever. This is not one of those "do what I want or I'm quitting!" things—clearly I haven't quit yet, and I'm not immediately planning to, and GGG should probably ignore such empty threats anyway. But when I do eventually get tired of this game, it will be because of this, I can guarantee it. And that should be feedback that GGG considers.
Last edited by DragoonWraith on Jan 23, 2017, 9:11:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info