Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

Whats the Point of going SSF if you are going to trade or party anyway at level 20 or 70? Shouldn't you just go to level 100 if you gonna play SSF? If you know you are gonna trade or party at some Point anyway you might aswell just do a regular character? Right?

But I guess many streamers will play SSF cause they do it anyway.
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
Last edited by Akymo86 on Jan 24, 2017, 3:19:52 AM
Will repeat, please add facebreaker (and some other key uniques) divination cards for ssf purposes
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Sorry maybe i missed this in the original post but does SSF mean you can't pick up and vendor items found on mobs - i've seen this as the rule for some of the user created SSF leagues. Also when will this be implemented. I've personally loved playing SSF in the past and it makes the end game so much harder. Thanks POE.
Fantastic news! I'm looking forward to it.
SSF is my preferable style of play.

I think this option will make the game even more interesting and enjoyable.
"
ivas65535 wrote:
Great idea!
Show me first lvl100 HC SSF! :)

Yeah... but when a player can hit lvl.100 botting Dried Lake it kinda strangles the enthusiasm out of me wanting to partake in such an undertaking. Maybe also lock higher levels to defeating signature Map Bosses like Shaper/Uber Atziri so that a Vaal Spark Bot can't just flat out instawin.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Great idea. None of my characters has ever traded or teamed.
"
WARPAINTER wrote:
"
ivas65535 wrote:
Great idea!
Show me first lvl100 HC SSF! :)

Yeah... but when a player can hit lvl.100 botting Dried Lake it kinda strangles the enthusiasm out of me wanting to partake in such an undertaking. Maybe also lock higher levels to defeating signature Map Bosses like Shaper/Uber Atziri so that a Vaal Spark Bot can't just flat out instawin.

People have been cheating since the dawn of time. Who cares about them? It's about your enjoyment and their "achievements" don't affect you at all, so don't let them. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
stergeron wrote:
Great idea. None of my characters has ever traded or teamed.

+1

LB
I love SSF, but what is this:

Implementation Plan:
SSF versions of the existing leagues would exist, which are a checkbox on the character creation screen. This option may be hidden until the player has rescued the Scion or something like that.

If I want to play SSF, I dont want to play hc/standard league to play it free :( thats very annoying. If you want to hold new Players back from SSF, than pls make a description whith a warning.
Last edited by Teasev on Jan 24, 2017, 5:43:49 AM
Sorry for double post I just replied in the announcement thread, when I found this thread, where it seems to fit better.

Hello,

I really appreciate the upcoming SSF support, as I only play SSF by myself. Tried 2 times trading by selling items, hated it, and went fully SSF. So I was really looking for some kind of comparison between my characters and others.

But what I really do not like is this opt-out thingy.

If you want to play SSF league, then play SSF league. If you want to play trading leagues then play trading leagues. What is the point of being able to opt-out any time from SSF to trading? I am also not able to opt-out from hardcore to softcore or vice versa. And it is also senseless, because why then not everybody automatically starts in the SSF league untill he/she opens a trade window or joins a party and then automatically gets an opt-out. So this opt-out thing does not make any sense to me...

And what happens to the ladder if you opt-out? I do not want to see a majority of characters on the SSF ladder that are not playing in SSF league anymore, because if I look at the character profiles they all may already be trading chars. I know they have reached their position before the opt-out and therefore earned their ranking - this is true, but I also think that a SSF ladder has to be viewed a little bit more critical than a trading ladder. In a trading ladder you have the possibility to optimize your gear nearly any time just limited by your currency, which can be increased by trading itself again. But in SSF a lot of currency has a total different 'real value', as in a trading league. I have to craft a lot of items by myself if my RNG fails with item drops - especially in SSF HC. For example I do not care how many Exalted Orbs I have, they are nice to have and usefull, but in first place I much more care about how many Fusings, Regals and Chromas I have remaing. So everytime I have to craft something I also have to think about if it is worth crafting, because maybe later I will need to craft again and then I am missing a lot of currency which maybe will then hinder my progress as I am lacking DPS or defence. But if I do not really plan to play SSF in the long run I can just bet on good RNG, spend my currency as if it worth nothing, play for a high SSF rank, then opt out and trade in the trading league then back for new currency again. This makes the SSF ladder useless for everyone who is seriously interested in SSF.

And with a new league I enjoy watching progress of different people on the ladder. But for a trading league a ladder becomes unpredictable, because everytime someone could decide to opt-out from SSF and joining a trading ladder. Don't think this is fair for those going for a competetive game with high ranks and can not estimate who their opponents are. I will not be affected by this I think I will never be in ladders but I really like watching the ladders and twitch streams of those going the competitive way.

So I am really hyped for a SSF league, but please not in the way with this opt-out option. Give us a real independent SSF league for SC and HC and without opt-out. You want to play trading, then play trading. You want to play SSF? Then choose SSF!

Sorry for mistakes and bad English, I am not a native English speaker. Also I do not have a reddit account, so I hope my critisism will also be heared in this forum. And I am sorry if somebody already posted something like this.

Thank you for reading my wall of text.

Cheers.
Last edited by Perimax on Jan 24, 2017, 9:00:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info