Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

This is sweet. I usually play SSF up to a point, not out of some ideal, but because I usually can't be bothered trading or partying at least until I hit mapping. It'll be cool to have something keeping score like this.
Meh. Sounds a bit self-defeating to me.

SSF players often are the ones that couldn't care less about other players. If the sole purpose of a SSF league is to allow players to have "bragging rights", for players who don't care about anyone else, well... It's completely pointless.

IMO, this kind of thing would work if it had:

* Increased drops rate on the SSF leagues. That's the only thing that would actually matter in those leagues, otherwise there wouldn't be any significative difference to playing as SSF in the common leagues.

* In order to not mess with the economy, the SSF league characters would have to be transferable only to the Standard common league (because LOL Standard economy anyway). Then the increased drop rate on the SSF leagues would not mess with the economy of the temporary leagues. This system is already in place for the hardcore leagues - when a Breach hardcore character dies, he goes straight to Standard softcore league, not to the Breach softcore league.

This:

"
Chris wrote:

• To be an optional mode. For now there are no incentives for playing other than additional challenge and bragging rights.

...is a good sign. The "For now" there gives me hope.
Last edited by Erasculio on Jan 23, 2017, 6:55:07 PM
I play SSF so I was interested in this announcement, but so far what has been described doesnt support already existing SSF characters. I think it would be great if you could do that, like create a SSF standard. I understand many play challenge leagues and I think it is cool to have SSF challenge leagues for those players. That said, I play on standard and I'd like a perma SSF status for my existing characters. I don't care about ladders or bragging rights - I just want to be able to share gear between my current characters, which are all SSF, and any new SSF characters I create. Please allow players like myself to migrate from standard to SSF standard, so to speak, or however it could be made to work. I'd pay 100 points per character, if need be. Please don't make it more expensive, but it would mean enough to me that I would pay something. Thanks.
I like the idea of stats on bragging rights !!! LOL, seen too many people buy everything on poe trade and never know anything about the game itself , just to get to the high-end items of upper level maps......HI5 and KUDOS to the TEAM !!!

edit: (legit play or trade your way to the top)
Last edited by HpDarkwaters on Jan 23, 2017, 7:03:03 PM
I downloaded and installed this game all by myself!!!
I really hope they make it so that a selffound Character can buy all skill gems regardless of class, I really don't want to level a char to 30 something just for a gem.
"
Khemystri wrote:
I play SSF so I was interested in this announcement, but so far what has been described doesnt support already existing SSF characters. I think it would be great if you could do that, like create a SSF standard. I understand many play challenge leagues and I think it is cool to have SSF challenge leagues for those players. That said, I play on standard and I'd like a perma SSF status for my existing characters. I don't care about ladders or bragging rights - I just want to be able to share gear between my current characters, which are all SSF, and any new SSF characters I create. Please allow players like myself to migrate from standard to SSF standard, so to speak, or however it could be made to work. I'd pay 100 points per character, if need be. Please don't make it more expensive, but it would mean enough to me that I would pay something. Thanks.

I sympathize with that point of view, because I probably would migrate to SSF standard if I could. But having traded in the past it wouldn't necessarily be "right" -- I'm not purely SSF right now and I doubt most standard players are (there may be a few that qualify). As such people that play SSF in standard are the ones that have been given the metaphorical shaft here. Giving them migration to the SSF league would probably more likely than not give people credit for being SSF when they were in fact not. That's probably why they won't do it. But playing as a long term SSF player means that playing in SSF standard is kind of meaningless, since all of your loot is already in standard. For the league players this is great, for standard players it is not.
"
kor_ wrote:
Great addition to the game. Have you considered also adding "self-found guilds" to the game? As one user already wrote, he almost always plays with his brother and never trades. That is the case with me also. We would like to continue playing as a team, but stay strictly self-found.
I think this could be easily implemented, as a guild could simply choose is it a self-found guild or not. Then the characters would be bound to that guild and could trade items only using the Guild Stash.

Wouldn't SSF guild characters being able trade with each other defeat the purpose of SSF? GGG's post seems to emphasize that SSF is supposed to be harder than playing with others and/or trading. No one would trade if it doesn't benefit themselves, and any benefit makes the game easier. I think the point of SSF is for characters to mostly depend on the game's drop rate and what is available in the NPC shops.
Very cool. Very well thought through. Thumbs up!
"Opinions are like a$$holes: Everyone's got one!" - Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"
Instead of requiring a mule, I suggest a tab transfer option, in which you right click a tab and select an option to send that tab as a remove-only tab to the corresponding non-SSF league.
Basically, you (GGG) would do the same tab migration you currently do when leagues end (temporary to permanent leagues) in which you move tabs to the corresponding leagues, but instead of removing the original tab (the SSF league stash tab in this case), you'd still have it existing in its league (the SSF league), just empty.

Or, as an alternative, you could have the tab co-exist in both the SSF league and the non-SSF league, but in non-SSF league it would be listed as remove-only.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info