Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

How about trade improvements instead of elitists support?
Finally.

I have done some build specific trading and I hated it. So I have chosen to play self-found just because I think, in my philosophy, that everything I need to efficiently play the game should be contained within the game client itself. This means that I refuse to use 3rd party sites as a trade hub.

Tho this also means that I have never actually had 6-link or a build that relies on a good weapon. Tho I basically got one of most unique items in the default league, all self found, so I'm covered on that. I like to collect them.

Tho I'm fairly confident that we are going to get an ingame trade hub system with the console release, since in my opinion forcing console players to use a PC to supplement their game in order to play efficiently sound kinda cruel... and of crude design.

I get it that *some* of the devs seem to be afraid of angering the hardcore player base that run these trade systems... but I never asked them to be removed, I merely asked for an alternative.
If you read this, then you have read this.
Sounds good. For now the drop rates can't change as GGG is allowing us to move items from SSF to regular leagues via a temporary mule exile (create the exile, load up items, migrate, move items to stash, and then delete the exile). Next evolutionary step would be to make it a permanent separate league of it's own (no items can migrate to any other league). At that point the drop rates of higher quality gear can be set the same as leveling gear, the chances to get a 5L or 6L to drop can increase, more fusing orbs for self crafting, etc.

Many players have wanted an SSF league since the beginning as lag prohibits party play and the abysmal trade function (WTF!!!???... where the hell is the seller?... no response... AARRGG!!!... fuck this shit!!!) makes trading too frustrating (damn those AFK or no-reply sellers!).

Edit: You know GGG that asynchronous trade function from the get-go (open beta) would have eliminated most of the reasons we forego trading and play SSF in the first place. Same for PoE game engine performance for party play but since we didn't get Lockstep for a couple of years after OB and still are dealing with major latency problems (especially at the start of new league when player counts are highest) party play will forever be laggy.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 23, 2017, 7:32:19 AM
I like it and will definitely give it a try :)

Feels like single-player.

Internet connection still required?
Fine, but then make all gems available for each class.
Last edited by Gosen on Jan 23, 2017, 7:25:59 AM
Cool ! I like playing self-found for the most part, and if skill gems were easier accessible to all classes I might enjoy an official SSF one.
i guess i miss a post or something.... 2.6.0 i guess i have to wait to come back to the game...till 3.0 i guess there will be a 2.7 2.8 and 2.9????
I've got a shit ton of hours played on this game (2k on steam and that doesn't cound any beta time), almost the entirety of which have been solo self found.

I say almost because I have traded for the following in previous leagues: 1 RotP, 1 20 quality faster attacks and 1 life leech gem. That is it.

SSF for me is the way it is meant to be played, trading in a loot based ARPG is in my opinion defeating the object of playing the game.

I'm glad this form of support for my playstyle is added, however, well I can't help but think that in my thousands of hours played, I'm yet to come accross certain build defining uniques. I've never in 2k+ hours even tried out a low life build, tasted a Viktars, had wide bearth exploisions with a carcass jack or spelled lightning doom with a mjolners... To be fair these I can live with, it gives me something to possibly one day look forward to.

It's when you start getting down to solo self found map management, currency fun... I mean Atlas sure made mapping more fun, but I've yet to get to the end of it. Hoping to see a 6 link? SSF? These are the things that make SSF really difficult. Not to mention league exclusif uniques... Boy do your hopes dwindle fast. Yes to the point where ironically the will to play dissipates.

In that sense I'd say that this addition makes me sad. I dreamt of a true SSF league where there would be no way to bounce between SSF and none SSF, and as such, loot tables would be adjusted to SSF making it not so unatainable to hope to one day see a shavronnes.

I mean let's face it. The main reason I play SSF is because I don't want to have to deal with people, games our days tend to constantly force you into interacting with other players, leave me alone I don't want to play with those people! This feature will only serve in interactions with other players, bragging rights that you can actually prove. But since I don't honestly care about interacting with other players in the first place, this feature is pretty much pointless. My ego and self satisfaction meters don't need the proof this feature will grant me, I allready know how far I've gone SSF: lvl92
Last edited by SicNNasty on Jan 23, 2017, 7:36:11 AM
Sweet and hidden potential is the best jewel in the game now. Make magics easily with alts and you'll be good to go!

Weapons like NYCTA (a 6l in 3l form) will be GG till red maps.

I look forward to this. Will totally change how game is played.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 23, 2017, 7:39:43 AM
"
Walepapieza wrote:
How about trade improvements instead of elitists support?

Trade improvements are here. The next time you trade with someone, you whisper them and say "good luck and have a wonderful day!"

See? Much better already.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info