[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
ArniQQ wrote:
"
MaWeL83 wrote:
How about prolif support gem ?

You should take a closer look before asking questions. I wrote this on the page before this one:

"I was running both prolif and inc AoE before the nerf and will continue doing it after. You one-shot bosses anyways, and if you are lazy like me and dont wanna swap gems around too often. For harder boss fights you just swap prolif to controlled destruction and inc AoE to conc effect."

For me, i cant understand someone not running prolif. Especially for beyond it's crazy good.

You were playing inquisitor? Why not go for elementalist en get free prolif and therefor An extra gem slot?
Last edited by Psycomantje on Mar 1, 2017, 10:04:44 AM
"
Psycomantje wrote:

You were playing inquisitor? Why not go for elementalist en get free prolif and therefor An extra gem slot?

From the first page QA: "Inquisitor has massive damage thanks to resistance penetration, extra crit, a bunch of cast speed and the more damage aura. For killing bosses, Inquisitor is unquestionably the best choice."
"
dguay wrote:
Is it worth running Carcass Jack after the AoE nerf?

BiS armor now? Infernal Mantle?

Why is Doryani's Catalyst not mentionned as a good weapon? Not enough cast speed?

Infernal mantle doesn't add any appreciable ignite damage because of the conversion to chaos. It does, however, add anywhere from 14-20% initial hit damage depending on your crit. Ends up being a decent dmg upgrade if you can handle losing the es.

Doryani's is fine, but the limiting factor in clear speed is going to be your ability to get around the maps and the speed at which your totems detonate making doryani's more of a boss killing option than a map clearing one.

Having 2x doryani on your swap for bosses is a good option if you don't have access to GG daggers
"
ArniQQ wrote:
"
MaWeL83 wrote:
How about prolif support gem ?

You should take a closer look before asking questions. I wrote this on the page before this one:

"I was running both prolif and inc AoE before the nerf and will continue doing it after. You one-shot bosses anyways, and if you are lazy like me and dont wanna swap gems around too often. For harder boss fights you just swap prolif to controlled destruction and inc AoE to conc effect."

For me, i cant understand someone not running prolif. Especially for beyond it's crazy good.

Yeah my bad, ty tho
If you play Inquis and lack the baseline proliferation, where do you make up for it, gems? If so, what does your 6L turn to?

Flameblast - Spell Totem - Faster Casting - Increased Area of Effect(/Concentrated Effect) - Increased Critical Strikes - Controlled Destruction
Asked earlier but didnt see a reply. What do you guys think of the new buffed Soul Mantle? Now that it provides level 20 Spell Totem you can have an effective 7 link set up. Totem damage is good, totem life is ok, but the big kicker is an extra +1 totem. You can also run a Self-Flagellation for 10-20% increased damage per curse on you (which will usually only be one, but on certain map mods a lot more). Seems like it could be BIS for the build?
"
Aurican14 wrote:
Asked earlier but didnt see a reply. What do you guys think of the new buffed Soul Mantle? Now that it provides level 20 Spell Totem you can have an effective 7 link set up. Totem damage is good, totem life is ok, but the big kicker is an extra +1 totem. You can also run a Self-Flagellation for 10-20% increased damage per curse on you (which will usually only be one, but on certain map mods a lot more). Seems like it could be BIS for the build?

The energy shield is crazy low, you can get double the amount (which is still low) for 4x cheaper if youre buying a 6 link, not to mention it has no resists so you'd have to sacrifice crit on your jewelery... MAYBE in low maps when you first start mapping but the higher you go the drawbacks are not worth it, IMO.
Last edited by LaBBe_ on Mar 1, 2017, 6:59:29 PM
double post when editing whoops :P
Last edited by LaBBe_ on Mar 1, 2017, 6:59:36 PM
"
LaBBe_ wrote:
The energy shield is crazy low, you can get double the amount (which is still low) for 4x cheaper if youre buying a 6 link, not to mention it has no resists so you'd have to sacrifice crit on your jewelery... MAYBE in low maps when you first start mapping but the higher you go the drawbacks are not worth it, IMO.

So depending on the cost, it may make a decent item for late levelling / early maps. You would still have to make sure to level a Spell Totem gem for later, but it would be fun to dink with for a while.
So, I am going to use it on Friday (as well as, possibly, elementalist witch) for starter.

Judging from my experience with breaches, I will try adding ele prolif gem as well as take Pious path after uberlab for the "cannot be affected by status ailments".

Also will try to get the sweet, sweet lightning damage on spells from shock. (for wands, later for daggers)

Can anyone tell me about bonuses of using Doryani over another dagger? I don't seem to grasp them correctly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info