[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Nitro1468 wrote:

Basically an update to my little life build I've been working on. Currently doing t13-14 maps, just haven't had a 15 drop yet.
Having gems maxed and quality definitely helped out a lot. Still no 6link on chest though but it really hasn't been too much of an issue.
Cold breach wrecks me since it freezes my totems, any help with that?

Would you be able to link your passive tree? It would be much appreciative, I am struggling as a life based.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Can someone help an old 62 year old guy out please? Damage is great but i'm just so squishy everything kills me. I haven't got much currency and my chest armor is borrowed so i can't trade that. Any gem setups to improve survivability would be welcome. I know i have a long way to go but i am starting to find it hard to progress. Char is Blastit. Those breaches rape me.

Add immortal call to your CWDT setup.

Use Greater AOE for 6L instead of concentrated to hit a few more things. Damage shouldn't really be an issue.

Add a Vaal discipline, basically functions as a one time "heal pot" for ES

You haven't taken the CI nodes properly. The last in that cluster is 15% MORE ES (instead of increased) which is a straight 15% ES boost. You have life nodes in templar area at start which now completely pointless, so just do a straight swap there.

If CI still low consider taking more ES nodes instead of damage.

Consider changing your pots for more defensive options. i.e. Granite/Basalt/Dodge all help since you have low armour.

Make sure using whirling blade for fortify buff every 5secs (it'll have to hit a target to come up, visible in buffs)

Breaches I found the following works:
- play super far away i.e. offscreen it with totems hitting edge of breach
- find a wall where you can clear to and then work out (not always an option)
- I find it usually easy if stand in centre and just spam defensive pots + use vaal discipline at the start, then just work towards an edge
- don't fight just outside the edge off breach, you'll get hit by invisible mobs all the time, either centre or super far away.

Last edited by Elvale on Dec 14, 2016, 9:22:59 PM
"
briant1427 wrote:
"
Nitro1468 wrote:

Basically an update to my little life build I've been working on. Currently doing t13-14 maps, just haven't had a 15 drop yet.
Having gems maxed and quality definitely helped out a lot. Still no 6link on chest though but it really hasn't been too much of an issue.
Cold breach wrecks me since it freezes my totems, any help with that?

Would you be able to link your passive tree? It would be much appreciative, I am struggling as a life based.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoMUhGWFkAWbxa_GjgabB8CIG4i9CSqJpUnLymLKhMqjSycNsU22DbpOlg8BT1fQZZJG0lRSbFMs06uUDBQQlJTUzVVS1XGWHdY5VnzWitfBGHiZJ1mVGaeaPJqQ2wLbRlyD3_Ggh6Cm4Pbg_OFMoV9iEKLjIw2j_qQVZErkm6TJ5RvlS6XlZf0mjubbp2un9-iAKPypwiouayYrhKus7E2vFbAVMBmwJrBxdD10nzVptfP2CTZ_NsL217jauQi6-7r9exV7TzvfO-I8B_w1fFs8h35N_nd-tI=?accountName=Nitro1468&characterName=WatchmeBreach

I think it's almost exactly to what the guides Tuk version is. I did take sanctify for the last 2 points on ascendancy.
"

Elreon rings maybe?

The way I do it now is just turning off anger. I think that leaves me more powerful than having to wear bad rings. I don't need the increased DPS, and even if whirling blades were half the price, I'd still have all the same problems. With a mana flask on the bar I can just use whirling blades non-stop at all times every second. If/when I get enlighten though I might put anger back in.

Or maybe I can put Anger inside essence worm. If I put anger in an essence worm and discipline in say my helmet or dagger... how much mana is reserved? 50% or so instead of 85%?
Last edited by namad on Dec 14, 2016, 9:39:06 PM
"
namad wrote:
"

Elreon rings maybe?

The way I do it now is just turning off anger. I think that leaves me more powerful than having to wear bad rings. I don't need the increased DPS, and even if whirling blades were half the price, I'd still have all the same problems. With a mana flask on the bar I can just use whirling blades non-stop at all times every second. If/when I get enlighten though I might put anger back in.

Or maybe I can put Anger inside essence worm. If I put anger in an essence worm and discipline in say my helmet or dagger... how much mana is reserved? 50% or so instead of 85%?

I wouldn't consider Elreon rings bad at all. It might have less resistance than something like a Two-Stone or something, but resistances can be capped without implicits. It's a good option I think.

Turning off Anger though? Eh... I can see that being fine, since I will only be running Discipline through Essence Worm ring once I switch to Tukohama shield, but being able to run Anger is one of the best things about being CI. I wouldn't give it up unless I absolutely had to.
T.Y.V.M. Elvale, just need to find a vaal discipline and i'm good to go. Getting 3 red slots in my helm so i can use iron will support is beyond me atm so will the existing setup work ok?
Iron Will doesn't really do anything in this setup. Iron Will usually for a build that has gone pure strength nodes.

The third link is usually Increased Duration so Immortal Call lasts a bit longer. So three red you usually want to use Vagan crafting for guaranteed 2-3 red links if an ES helm. At the moment I am just using CWDT/Immortal Call (lazy).

If go for a 4th it can be anything, curse (enfeeble) or golem are common. Golem can be nice since will resummon, save some manual effort, or when don't notice it died. But if want a high level Golem means high level CWDT setup as well.

Edit: Just had a look at your new setup, you don't have a cure bleed potion. This is super vital and pretty much one of easiest ways to die as ES. Really common to get hit with bleed in breaches as well, so could be the reason dying.
Last edited by Elvale on Dec 15, 2016, 1:51:43 AM
My bad always thought bleed was chaos damage so immune to it on this build, need a poison immune flask as well maybe?
Anyone figured out if a spell damage dagger bets a Dorys? Right now my tool tip and cast speed and crit would be a lot lower but the burn damage would double dip. I dont have the cash to test it atm
"
EDMOSES wrote:
My bad always thought bleed was chaos damage so immune to it on this build, need a poison immune flask as well maybe?

Poison is chaos, so if you're CI, you're immune.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info