[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Matematikas wrote:
"
maykay wrote:
^^Is Elemental Proliferation really worth the damage loss?

Helps a bit to clear big packs, what you recommend as 6th gem? With controlled destruction my crit chance drops to 27 (from ~41) :D

Maybe try crit multi?
"
maykay wrote:
"
Matematikas wrote:
"
maykay wrote:
^^Is Elemental Proliferation really worth the damage loss?

Helps a bit to clear big packs, what you recommend as 6th gem? With controlled destruction my crit chance drops to 27 (from ~41) :D

Maybe try crit multi?

Added Lightning Damage?

At level 20 it does 18-342 damage, for an average of 180 flat damage. Flameblast has an effectiveness of 50% so this would add 90 flat damage (which scales with everything except increased fire damage)

Since Flameblast itself does 241 to 362 damage at level 20 (for an average of 301), Added Lightning Damage does 30% MORE damage.

However, this does not take into account the amount of flat added spell damage on your gear. If your weapons already add a lot of flat damage to spells, then adding more will not be much help and crit multi may be better. It also depends on how much crit multi you already have.

In addition:
- Added Lightning Damage shocks, which means that the next hit after a crit will do 50% MORE damage.
- I am not sure whether the OP has taken into account that if you do not crit (due to a lower crit chance caused by Controlled Destruction), you do not ignite either.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 13, 2016, 10:23:39 AM
Hi, im playing the build as inquisitor but im having huge problems with breaches, the problem feels like the blasts dont go off fast enough, and mobs swarm me...
"Akdenizpizza is my char, and it should be public, if u can spot any stupid mistakes...
im maxed resists, 7100ES 71%crit with 4 power charges, and 143% cast speeed...
"
SeraNoxa wrote:
Hi, im playing the build as inquisitor but im having huge problems with breaches, the problem feels like the blasts dont go off fast enough, and mobs swarm me...
"Akdenizpizza is my char, and it should be public, if u can spot any stupid mistakes...
im maxed resists, 7100ES 71%crit with 4 power charges, and 143% cast speeed...

I found that, as this build has no leech, you cannot just wade into a breach and hope to facetank the mobs. So I;
- cast an Orb of Storms near the breach marker
- cast two totems about 1/3 screen from the marker so they form a triangle with the marker
- activate the marker and Shield Charge away between my totems
- retreat while casting totems and the occasional orb until the crowd seems to thin (which it not always does)
- once it thins, run to the center of the breach (where the marker used to be), and start killing mobs on the other sides of the breach
- if it does not thin, just stay outside the breach and cast totems just outside it.

Important notes:
- I have 1 Vaal Discipline for emergency purposes (*NEVER* leave home without one), and when this is used and things get slightly hairy I Lightning Warp out. There will be another breach on the next map, but that 10% xp loss from death stays forever.
- The frost guys are lethal: just walking away from frost breaches is the better part of valor
- If you want to farm splinters, do it on content that you can crush, such as Dried Lake, and not on maps.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 13, 2016, 9:23:47 AM
This looks like a fun build. Going to give it a shot.

I'm kind of newish to the game and saw something I have a question on. Please forgive me if it's been asked or seems like something I should know.

O the spell totem setup, you have increased crit and Controlled Destruction. Controlled destruction negates critical strike chance. Does this affect spell totems as well? Or is a spell not considered a strike>?

-regards.
"
Chewstick wrote:
I'm kind of newish to the game and saw something I have a question on. Please forgive me if it's been asked or seems like something I should know.

O the spell totem setup, you have increased crit and Controlled Destruction. Controlled destruction negates critical strike chance. Does this affect spell totems as well? Or is a spell not considered a strike>?

Yes, CD will lower the critical strike chance, and this will negatively influence the build, but, according to the OP, the added advantage (44% MORE damage on level 20) outweighs this.

I'm not sure I agree though, but can not experiment: I'm currently running T13 maps on a 5L setup and have little problems with killing stuff.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Chewstick wrote:

Yes, CD will lower the critical strike chance, and this will negatively influence the build, but, according to the OP, the added advantage (44% MORE damage on level 20) outweighs this.

I'm not sure I agree though, but can not experiment: I'm currently running T13 maps on a 5L setup and have little problems with killing stuff.

So, it will lower the crit chance and not negate it? I guess I took it as 100% less crit as opposed to no crit.

Thanks for the info.
"
Chewstick wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Chewstick wrote:

So, it will lower the crit chance and not negate it? I guess I took it as 100% less crit as opposed to no crit.

Thanks for the info.

Quite. Controlled Destruction takes away some crit chance; it does not remove it completely.
Controlled Desc or Crit multi, 50% more spell damage or like 100+ multi hmmm
What masters do you have in your hideout?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info