[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Is elemental overload not worth taking?
"
namad wrote:
oh btw the "invisible" enemies on the edge of the breach? on my system they're not invisible they're translucent. Meaning I see a ripple or blur, indicating they're there but making it hard to tell which enemy they are. Still it's enough to dance on the edge of the breach dropping totems more safely than I could inside.

Plus all the named clapsed hands appear non-random preplaced on the map and I can see them translulcently as well before I even trigger the breach. Regular hands seem random, but named hands aren't.

"
Hjelpen93 wrote:
I am playing the raizqt CI elementalist version in Standard and with 8.5k ES I have zero problems doing t14/t15 maps without ever being close to die pretty much.

Also follwing this guy https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/xaitv/characters

who was one of the first in breach HC to kill some of the breach lord bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhl2eBHVz70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdAFNe0tkwA&t

Are you trying to say the inquisitor build sucks? or that both versions of this build are good and breaches themselves are just hard in general? I am level 50 and I don't want to have to restart as a witch. lol

Hello, I have been reading several comments and apparently the build has defensive problems, either ES or Life or ES / Life.

As apparently the raizqt build is better than this?

I would like to read the comment of the creator of this build.

Last edited by smelcami on Dec 7, 2016, 10:37:40 AM
"
Is elemental overload not worth taking?

In a word, No. Or all your crit multi % will go to waste. ;)
"
evenson wrote:
What would be the best way to run dual curse setup with this build? I want to use flammability and temp chains.

You're an Inquisitor, why on earth would you want to use Flammability when your crit strikes ignore monster resistances. If you want to use two curses, use TC + Enfeeble. Assmark is another option if you want to boost your crit chance/multi.
"
smelcami wrote:

Hello, I have been reading several comments and apparently the build has defensive problems, either ES or Life or ES / Life.

As apparently the raizqt build is better than this?

I would like to read the comment of the creator of this build.

raizqt's build is basically just the build discussed as an alternative in the OP. Proliferating ignite damage is really good against breaches, but isn't any advantage against a tough map boss.
His build doesn't really do much extra to be defensively stronger except taking zealot's oath, which you're free to do as an inquisitor as well.

I'm wondering though if simply playing inquisitor and swapping elemental proliferation in the 5th or 6th link for breaches would be a good way to get the benefit of both styles?

Also if you want a second curse I think you have to just cast it. You cannot really afford to throw away power charges. On the flip side as an elementalist you don't crit, and can easily afford to curse on hit both curses. So that might be a reason to go elementalist, but as an elementalist you'll want flammabilty (which the inquisitor doesn't need) so the inquisitor basically already has two curses, sort of, kind of.
"
tomay wrote:
"
chkumchkum wrote:
Still got done a couple times by big hitting map bosses...which were 2 levels below me, ouch.

Did you forget your Decoy Totem? ;)

Seriously, DT is one of the most underrated skill gems in the game and a real blessing for "squishy" builds. A boss taunted by the Decoy Totem will not attack you and if you still get hit by some AoE shenanigans you will take 10% less damage. Sure, you will loose one attack totem and it will take a bit longer to take him down but it's a helluvalot safer. And if you can spare a socket pimp the Decoy Totem with AoE. DT + Enfeeble will trivialize even the hardest-hitting bosses for you.

What do you mean by pimp the decoy totem with AoE? do you mean hard cast enfeeble? you could also just swap enfeeble into the slot temporal chains was using right? what if any support gems actually benefit decoy totem? basically none? there aren't any support gems for increased hp or faster placement of totems?
Breaches gets a LOT easier when you reach about 170% cast speed modifier(vaal haste+silver flask+instruments of virtue will get you 170-200% cast speed easily).

Basically, totems cast so fast at that point that they can get off at least one flameblast before dying and clear the whole screen. If you have lower cast speed than that totems tend to die before getting a fully charged flameblast off in breaches which makes it a pain in the ass.

Just make sure you always keep moving and whirling around and just stopping for one cast inbetween every whirling blades and it should be pretty easy.

Last edited by perz0r on Dec 7, 2016, 11:22:11 AM
nothing from build greator ):about the survival concerns or how to make it better.
Last edited by PaigrandeTV on Dec 7, 2016, 11:42:01 AM
"
namad wrote:
What do you mean by pimp the decoy totem with AoE?

Increased AoE benefits the Decoy Totem insofar as it will increase the taunt radius, Faster Casting makes it taunt even faster.

"
namad wrote:
what if any support gems actually benefit decoy totem? basically none? there aren't any support gems for increased hp or faster placement of totems?

Only Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance will contribute to the Totems' survivability. But "out of the box" the Decoy is by far the "healthiest" Totem of the lot as it will get 38% increased Life at lvl 20. 20q will increase the Decoy's life by another 20%... so eventually the Decoy Totem can take some serious abuse. ;)

If you're still worried, get Totem Life/Resistances on Jewels which also benefits the Spell Totems.

As mentioned in the original guide, the unique jewel Spire of Stone grants the Totems Stun immunity which is always nice, unfortunately Spire doesn't really benefit from the nature of skill tree. If you're life-based, place Spire in the socket above Devotion so you get +30 STR within the radius which translates into 9% increased Totem Life.

Bottom line: the ideal 4L setup would be Decoy Totem + Increased AoE + Faster Casting + Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance. However, this build already has a shit ton of cast speed modifiers and if the Decoy gets nuked cast a new one... so Increased AoE is just fine. ;)

"
namad wrote:
do you mean hard cast enfeeble? you could also just swap enfeeble into the slot temporal chains was using right?

Which ever way you fancy casting your curse(s), manually or via CoH/CWDT or as an aura with Blasphemy. But "swapping" Enfeeble for TC when needed isn't really an option as they are of different colours, unless you have a corrupted item with a white socket. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 7, 2016, 1:00:32 PM
how do you get so much dex for the green gems and daggers? I have only 44 dex right now at level 60.
Last edited by jy03154586 on Dec 7, 2016, 1:37:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info