[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Between glacial cascade and flameblast which is better and why?
Much appreciated Croc411.

I grabbed 2 of those jewel's and it made all the difference. A wave of much faster moving orbs from each totem. Very satisfying.

Had to switch between the two once or twice for cold/fire resist mobs.

Some of the named mobs with Elemental Resistance don't even get damaged though. I can drop 3 of either totem and sit there all day. Does another totem fill that need? Warchief maybe?
"
MauxeJhet wrote:
Much appreciated Croc411.

I grabbed 2 of those jewel's and it made all the difference. A wave of much faster moving orbs from each totem. Very satisfying.

Had to switch between the two once or twice for cold/fire resist mobs.

Some of the named mobs with Elemental Resistance don't even get damaged though. I can drop 3 of either totem and sit there all day. Does another totem fill that need? Warchief maybe?

No, I would just replace the Increased Area of Effect gem in your Flameblast with Fire Penetration (you don't need IAoE Flameblast when you also have Frostbolt totems) and put Frostbolt in a 4L as soon as possible (link Cold Penetration).

Your wand and shield are OK for your level, but the rest of your gear is pretty bad. Get 60+ life on some of those pieces or you will (or already do) face survivability issues.

When you reach lvl 67, buy lvl 19 (uncorrupted!) Flameblast and Frostbolt gems. These are cheap and will boost your damage tremendeously.

By 'named mobs' you mean Legendary Beasts (red beasty symbols on map)? Those can be pretty tough, especially when they have life regen. I would just skip them during leveling if it takes too long.
I appreciate the feedback.

I'll work on getting better gear...I just don't have any issue yet other than a few select mobs.
This Frostbolt is absolutely ridiculous. I almost don't get hit. It's not the fastest way to get through each area but it is just brutal on mobs.

I'm really glad that I posted my initial experience.

As far as the lvl 19 gems.. Why do you say to buy them? Am I not able to level mine up to there? I am at 14 now.

Thanks again!
"
MauxeJhet wrote:
As far as the lvl 19 gems.. Why do you say to buy them? Am I not able to level mine up to there? I am at 14 now.

Thanks again!

Sure you can level them up by yourself, it just takes forever. When you're lvl 67, your gems will be lvl 16 or so. You will have gotten far into yellow maps before your gems hit 19.

So why not spend one chaos for a lvl 19 Frostbolt gem that will almost double your damage instantly (less so with Flameblast) while you're still playing the campaign?

It just makes life easier during leveling. When I hit 67, I always check poe.trade for a lvl 19 gem of my main attack/spell skill(s). If it's reasonably priced (i.e. my main skill is not one of the currently popular ones), I buy it.

Also, you have stated that you do not do enough damage for your liking.
That's good to know, thanks.
I would not have thought of that.

why can not I kill fast bosses? This build is for all the content, or to make maps alone?
In my, still limited, experience the build does very well against most bosses. It just isn't always super fast. I need to move around and re-cast totems a bit through the fight. Adding the cold penetration has helped against elemental resist bosses.

I'm using Frostbolt as well as FLameblast so not exactly the build - but it seems to be the same style. I just run around most bosses to keep them in the Flameblast circles. 3 explosions at a time (for now) does good damage.

I do like the Frostbolt totems for clearing though.
"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Anyone tried using indigon with this build?

I might try this since i got the enchant, or i will wait for league to end and try it in standard.

I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Apr 16, 2018, 5:27:20 AM
Probably not related to Topic, keeping it as a spoiler.
Spoiler

It may be difficult to use indigon, the skill tree will be completely different.
Playstyle would be to lay down totems then spam curses, either assassin's mark or flammability.
Or i can use a curse on hit assassin's mark ring and maybe spam orb of storms/arc or something to proc EE etc.

I'll need crit chance on spell, cast speed, life, mana, mana regen etc on tree/gear, certainly feels like it's trying to do too many things.
This is my proposed final tree: https://tinyurl.com/y7qn59fe
Jewels: 3 Grand Spectrum, 1 Pure talent, 2 Fevered Minds.
edit: got a Watcher's eye with crit chance with Wrath, will be using an essence worm with wrath in it.

For leveling, i can probably do fine with some sort of poet's pen leveling build.

Watched several videos by different people using different spells totems like GC and SR, their totems die extremely fast during uber elder/big fights so that's something else to worry about.

Regardless, i will level a hiero and give it a try.

Edit 2: Couldn't get use to the Indigon playstyle so i dropped the build.

Btw, how can i make my totems immune to status effects like freeze? will a dream fragments work?
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Apr 26, 2018, 10:05:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info